Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Milton Keynes' BohRhap Intro

forum rss feed
Author

Scirocco1977 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 533 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Nov 04, 14:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The nice piano bit which comes prior to BoRhap sounds familiar to some keyborad sounds in Made in Heaven's Track 13 (round about eighth Minute). Is it the same melody? If so, was it probably a whole song which was discarded during the Hot Space sessions (or prior to that)?

Keep 'em mowing blades sharp!
Whatinthewhatthe? user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2210 posts

Posted: 14 Nov 04, 22:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It sounded like a classic Freddie "fake-off" -- teasing the audience as usual so they wouldn't know which song to expect next!

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 14 Nov 04, 22:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's what I'm thinking, too...or just that Freddie was fooling around on the piano and warming himself up for the song.

But I think it would have made a spectacular piano introduction for a song - absolutely a gorgeous melody.

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6327 posts

Posted: 15 Nov 04, 05:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Track #13 was formed when the producer put a loop of the opening chord sequence of It`s A Beautiful Day, which was originally recorded by Freddie in 1980, so probably he had that chord progression in his head when he did the intro to Bo Rhap at Milton Keynes, shortly after (1982)

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 15 Nov 04, 08:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Only if you assure us you're a moron.

Beautiful Day is indeed from 1980.

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 15 Nov 04, 08:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="crimson"><b>ThomasQuinn</b> wrote:

Sebastian wrote:

Track #13 was formed when the producer put a loop of the opening chord sequence of It`s A Beautiful Day, which was originally recorded by Freddie in 1980, so probably he had that chord progression in his head when he did the intro to Bo Rhap at Milton Keynes, shortly after (1982)

Please assure me you are joking.

Why...? I think it's possible... When you improvise and just doodle you can very easily play the chord sequence that you were fooling around with year-two years earlier... Why not...?

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 15 Nov 04, 10:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Explain it then, you impolite twat

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
Regor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 364 posts

Posted: 15 Nov 04, 11:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No big deal IMHO - just playing some chords, "breaking" them (thats the german term at least), some little melodies and hooks, anything that comes to mind. When I sit down at the piano to play something particular, I start with playing anything that comes to mind to get my fingers working. That can be something appearing purely out of nowhere, or a chord sequence or melody which I have already played before and that stuck in my mind.
So it CAN be something based on A beautiful day, but not necessarily.

Guten Tag und Guten Abend !!! We had a great time in Cologne. Drinking beer in the sunshine beside the Mighty Rhein brought back many memories for me..... (Brian May, 2004)
gmhmagic user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 171 posts

Posted: 15 Nov 04, 11:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just an improvisation in C major. I don´t think it is part of a Queen song. Just warming up before Boh Rhap. Freddie rules!

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6327 posts

Posted: 16 Nov 04, 04:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The bass thing in KYA was because probably John would be creating the song at the time, who knows. In a similar way there are progressions a composer plays more naturally, note how often Fred changed from Eb to Ab, for instance, and he put it in several of his songs.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.