Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Made in Heaven

forum rss feed
Author

NOTWMEDDLE user not visiting Queenzone.com
NOTWMEDDLE
Bohemian: 691 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Nov 04, 17:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great album but the album was somewhat ignored in the US despite it went Gold and peaked at #51. In other countries, MIH hit #1 and was the band's best selling original material studio album. In the US, those honors go to NOTW and The Game each at 4 million a piece. Americans at the time of MIH were big into Cypress Hill, Hootie and the Blowfish, Alanis Morissette, Alice in Chains and The Smashing Pumpkins, AAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGGH! I played some tracks of MIH when I did college radio like Mother Love, It's a Beautiful Day(Reprise), Too Much Love, the title cut and others.

"Spread your wings and fly away, fly away, far away!", "No one makes me sing lullabies and no one makes me close my eyes"
Giacco 73 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 291 posts

Posted: 17 Nov 04, 15:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Made in Heaven IMHO is the most emotional album ever and I have great memories for personal reasons when I listen to it...

Freddie Mercury.

A wonderful human being and simply the greatest singer,performer and composer of our times.
brian_may_wannabe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 560 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 04, 08:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What a great way to 'end' Queen - with Freddie, at least.

daniel.hughes

made_in_heaven (thats_what_they_day)
Regor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 364 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 04, 09:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Double Post ? But interesting topic anyway.
http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=424284

Guten Tag und Guten Abend !!! We had a great time in Cologne. Drinking beer in the sunshine beside the Mighty Rhein brought back many memories for me..... (Brian May, 2004)