forum rss feed
Author

PabloArg user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 127 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Nov 04, 07:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Have you seen the BM soapbox today....?
http://www.brianmay.com/brian/brianssb/brianssb.html

I think this was a decision taken some time ago. But they are slowly prepearing our minds for the forthcoming steps........

And I have to say: GREAT!!!

Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 04, 08:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have to say....oh shit.

Chom own mudder fukker.
Flo Joe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 164 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 04, 08:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Could be worser!

I have not yet heared the HOF performance,
but Paul Rodgers has to me on of the best
voices in Rock...but will it suit to Tie your
mother down?

King Freddie still rules
Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 04, 09:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

First, this is what I wrote in another threat:

Wow!
I've been a heavy critic of everything BM and RT have done for the last couple of years. Some things that are happening lately sometimes made me feel nearly ashamed of being a Queenfan.

But what I've just heard, made me smile big time! I mean, this is a band thats worthy! I'd love to see them record and tour. Indeed, like GH says, Paul doesn't want to sound like Freddie, but he needs not! This is a singer that would work in this band that played there last week. It's not Queen, but it's a good band in it's own right.

Also Brian and Roger (the whole band for that matter) finally sound well-rehearsed and a tight unit. I think the 46664 gig was the first time since the 1992 Tribute concert there was a spark of magic in the air. This show was the second spark! Again: not seeing this band as 'Queen' (and not wanting to see it as such) this is the kind of collaborations that do justice to both RT and BM, the band ánd Paul Rodgers as musicians! Rodgers is worthy playing with BM and RT, and judging from the Hall of Fame show it works the other way round as well. It's not Paul Rodgers fronting Queen, it's BM, RT and Paul R playing in a band together. I've been listening to the show over and over again and I'm confident: YES this is finally a band that I would want to go see!

Good thing they played more then just Queen songs. If they record some new stuff without trying to copy Queen whatsoever I'm sure it got stuck in my player. Add some Queensongs and some classics like All Right Now and tour not too large venues!!

I realy hope there will be more fruits from this collaboration.
(if only it were to forget about the musical cast, Titney-Beyoncé-Pink, 5ive and all the others that got involved with 'Queen' and are absolutely below standard. BM and RT deserve better and Paul Rodgers sure is a healthy party)

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 04, 09:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think the alright now performance shows that they're very capable of doing something great. And the previous singers that joined Queen have been just that, singers. Paul is a musician who can actually talk to the guys on a different level. He has credibility, which is also why I think he'd be fine with many fans.

Peace,
Adam.

Robin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Robin
Bohemian: 741 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 04, 09:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

After watching the performance, I'm thrilled! They still got it and Paul Rodgers is amazing. I hope they do something together.

Robin

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 04, 10:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Agreed. This is the best Brian and Roger collaboration yet. I really hope this does well!

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 04, 10:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If it's true I'm gonna say- YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRING IT ON!!!
No more "maybe Robbie" or "maybe George Michael" bullshit anymore- let's do sth with a real rock voice, with an extremely talented vocalist, with a REAL PERSOANLITY!!!

I don't think they could find anyone better!!!

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 04, 10:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*waves to Fenderek*

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca

Posted: 21 Nov 04, 11:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*waves back*

tomnever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 199 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 04, 13:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, that's good news but they need to hurry... Waiting for the Hammer to Fall... They're approaching 60 y.o ! Maybe next year?

Do U think they already worked on something ?

They sounded very very confident and well rehearsed...

"Surrender to the city of the fireflies

Dance to the devil in beat with the band

To hell with all of you hand in hand"
Henrik Szoke user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 3 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 04, 13:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe it would be better if Brian and Roger dont use the Queen name. Original Queen does not exist anymore and it can never be the same again. I would just like to remember them as they were - unrepeatible.

gabriel79 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 313 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 04, 13:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Henrik Szoke wrote:

Maybe it would be better if Brian and Roger dont use the Queen name. Original Queen does not exist anymore and it can never be the same again. I would just like to remember them as they were - unrepeatible.

agree.i am happy with bri and rog doing new stuff with mr rodgers...unless they're not going to call themselves queen

Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 04, 15:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've been on the fence about Brian and Roger coming back as Queen, but if it's got to be with somebody, I think Paul Rodgers is a great choice. At least it's better than seeing them with any more soon to be washed up popstars or half the cast of We Will Rock You. And it gives some of us who never had the chance to see Queen live see a part of the band do something other than promote the musical forever.

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

KingMercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 345 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 04, 18:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

THIS IS THE WORST THING THEY COULD DO
IF THEY WANT, BRIAN & ROGER COULD PERFORM WITH PAUL RODGERS, BUT NOT UNDER THE QUEEN NAME
THEY`RE BREAKING HIS PROMISE...
IN 1991 THEY`VE SAID THAT THE`VE LOST THE MOST LOVED AND IMPORTANT MEMBER OF HIS FAMILY, AND THAT QUEEN DIED WITH FREDDIE.
I`M NOT AGAINST PAUL RODGERS, FOR WAHT I`VE SEEN HE HAS A GREAT VOICE, BUT QUEEN IS FREDDIE, ROGER, BRIAN & JOHN

"I`m Just A Singer With A Song...How Can I Try to Right The Wrong"
MetzgerR user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 368 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 04, 19:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To be honest, were this ever to get past being just talk, I would probably be excited enough not to care in the least what they called themselves. I was born too late to ever experience Queen - Queen as in Freddie, Brian, Roger, and John - but I would still give anything to see that maybe a post-Freddie kind of experience will be possible.

...I'm not certain that makes any sense, so please excuse my horrid grammar and disconnected thoughts.

Ja ne.

NOTWMEDDLE user not visiting Queenzone.com
NOTWMEDDLE
Bohemian: 691 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 04, 01:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Paul playing with Queen would be kick ass. Paul is one of the best rock singers and his voice is still intact and doesn't look 55.

"Spread your wings and fly away, fly away, far away!", "No one makes me sing lullabies and no one makes me close my eyes"
Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 04, 01:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thats because hes had lyposuction, a hair transplant and grown a goatee, look at him now compared to guitar legends!

Chom own mudder fukker.
Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 04, 06:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Come on guys... I know; i've got the same feeling. But can't we just foreget about the use of the name 'Queen' for a while? What's realy important right now is that finally, for the first time in years n years, BM and RT are doing something great musically. Let them play more magical stuff and we'll see about the name later on.

Let us not forget that no recordcompany nor any gig promotor would want to work with them when they NOT use the Queen-name. They would want to work with 'Queen' but not with 'BM and RT'... It's their bad luck that May and Taylor doesn't sound as good and familiar as for instance Page and Plant... Mind you that whenever these guys will do SOMETHING lots of money is ought to be made. Hell, there may even be some passage in some piece of paper that states that whenever they do something together (BM and RT) they are obliged to use the Queen brandname. I don't like it eather, but it's just business. That's just how it works in the business...
And besides: at the Hall of Fame gig they were there to accept an award for Queen, so it's not wonder they were billed (and played) under that flag. Recording or playing new stuff would shine a different light on it again.

(wow, I notice how fast I can be turned back into a positive attitude towards the guys after only one gig of three songs!! But hey, it's just that I finallky heard a spark of magic that gives me hope for the fututre after those shameless collaborations and that musical-shite...)

Posted: 22 Nov 04, 08:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jeroen wrote:

(wow, I notice how fast I can be turned back into a positive attitude towards the guys after only one gig of three songs!! But hey, it's just that I finallky heard a spark of magic that gives me hope for the fututre after those shameless collaborations and that musical-shite...)

Couldn't agree more!