Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > has roger ever had a blonde moment on stage

forum rss feed
Author

bad tempored blondie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 98 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Nov 04, 10:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

like falling over and breaking something like a leg or a arm

Posted: 21 Nov 04, 10:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

just wondering because of a photo i found of freddie limping off stage with roger and john heping him and because i am a blondie and have had over 10000000000 blonde moments

Robin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Robin
Bohemian: 741 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 04, 10:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't think so. lol. I hear has been known to throw a good tantrum though.

Robin

Posted: 21 Nov 04, 11:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

if not did he ever have any blonde moments

Megamike The GREAT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2264 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 04, 12:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, I do remember hearing that during one of Brians Guitar solos he went to sit on something and missed it and fell back nearly hurting himself..

and then there is the time in December of 79 when he completely forgot the words to HIS song "I'm In Love With my Car" and Freddie had to help out.. I have it on bootleg audio somewhere.. that was funny..

My Brothers and Sisters all hated me 'cause I was an only child...

-Weird Al (Generic Blues)

I gave up on books when 'To Kill A Mockingbird' gave me no useful advice on how to kill a mockingbird.
nibznik user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 326 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 04, 14:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Roger is my name wrote:

just wondering because of a photo i found of freddie limping off stage with roger and john heping him and because i am a blondie and have had over 10000000000 blonde moments

where did u see this pic?

"I am Jack The Pumpkin King!" - Jack The Pumpkin King

Posted: 21 Nov 04, 14:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

nibznik wrote:

Roger is my name wrote:

where did u see this pic?

ON THIS WEBSITE

Megamike The GREAT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2264 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 04, 15:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, that pic is the Hamburg 84 Show where Freddie injured his knee.. But continued the show... sitting down... of course WE ALL know that story. (before I get flamed for telling it.. )

And HeM, Yes Forgeting lyrics are common, but he could not even get back in without help from Freddie.. it wasnt a word or two, it was almost a whole verse..

My Brothers and Sisters all hated me 'cause I was an only child...

-Weird Al (Generic Blues)

I gave up on books when 'To Kill A Mockingbird' gave me no useful advice on how to kill a mockingbird.
redyfredy01 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 141 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 04, 19:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He hasn't really had a blonde moment, but it was funny the time that all of the lights and sparks blew him off of hir stoll while playing the drums in...um...i think it was Tie Your Mother Down performance.

I am not obsessed, I just have a one-track mind. (Obessed people go to counceling.)
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 04, 21:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think Brian and Roger mentioned something along those lines happening in the commentary for that song on GVH1, so it must've been during the video shoot.

Then again, I don't see how getting blown up could possibly be faulted to Roger.

Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 04, 06:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Blond moments ON stage?? Dropping sticks during quiet sensative ballads, spitting himself and other bandmembers in the face, screeming weird shit into the microphone when he's not supposed to, and dying his hair green instead of that intented high blond...

Now OF stage... that's a different story...
Trashing cars, blowing up an expensive boat, bein thrown in jail for public urinating, being thrown in jail with Clint Eastwood because of making too much noise during a very drunk night in a hotel elevator... the list goes on and on...

That's not 'blond', that's 'rock n roll'!

Canadian May Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 106 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 04, 08:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"i I think Brian and Roger mentioned something along those lines happening in the commentary for that song on GVH1, so it must've been during the video shoot."

Yeah, I love one of Roger's comments about that: basically, never argue with the pyro guy!

"I'll top the bill, I'll overkill, I've got to find the will to carry on... The show must go on."
Hank H. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 738 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 04, 09:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

in jail with clint eastwood? Never heard about that.

"I'm a great believer in actually NOT giving people what they want"

Brian May, 11 March 05
Scirocco1977 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 533 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 04, 12:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the_hero wrote:

Roger always has problems remembering the lyrics especially during the Cross or later solo tours where he wanted to sing old Queen songs like I'm in love with my car and he just goes "when I'm holding your wheel" then sings that line 3 times and the band just wondering when to continue. Or when he just sings nana nananana nana "Wolverhampton '98 or 94. But that's Roger's charm of ruining songs I think, you don't really bothered because he does it in a hilarious way.

That's what happens when you try to rhyme 'wheel' with 'gear'...

Keep 'em mowing blades sharp!
[StArMaN] user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 512 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 04, 12:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

At the end of Budapest concert, he falls, and lose Freddie's Crown, THAT was a blonde moment :)

Lord Blackadder user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1163 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 04, 13:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In a concert at the Saarbrucken open air festival ofcourse, Roger had dyed his hair blonde but it ended up green (I was just explaining that as it was mentioned previously).

However, JOHN is a differant matter. Has anyone seen where part during one of the Wembley concerts in '86 John throws Freddie's crown up in the air, then runs to get it after it's hit the ground?

"I bet you lost your virginity to a mechanical bull"
mamamia user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 67 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 04, 16:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

in the video tie your mother down, you can see the jump in the video when the explosion goes off, they had to reshoot because roger was blown off his stool. i thought that was funny.

The hardest thing is getting to the top, then having to come down! :)
geeksandgeeks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4296 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 04, 16:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They've all had their fair share of blond moments (I didn't read the topic because I'm a lazy bum, so forgive me if these have been stated. Also, I got some of these from NQ, which was not entirely reliable, so I'm not 100% positive about a few of them):

-Roger got pissed at an early show and threw his entire trapset across the stage, missing Freddie by inches.

-Roger attempted to dye his already blond hair MORE blond, and wound up turning it green. His roadie's quote: "I never dreamed I'd be working for a parrot."

-Brian got hit by a dozen eggs during a show on the NOTW tour, slipped, and fell on his ass.

-Roger got wildly drunk during the Who Wants To Live Forever? video shoot.

-Freddie once announced onstage, "Brian is a terrific guy - he has a huge cock!"

-At "Christmas at the Beeb" 1975, of which I have a bootleg, Freddie told the audience to take their clothes off during "Keep Yourself Alive."

-John got wildly drunk at a party and put his hand through a plate-glass window. At the next show, he had to play the bass with 19 stitches in his hand.

-When Brian was a kid, he was deathly afraid of the chair in the corner of his room (not an onstage moment, but I thought it was cute).

-John used to flick peanuts at Brian while Brian was playing his solos.

God wants you to send me some money.

"Seven spades doubled, vulnerable, making seven? You BITCH."
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 04, 21:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Drunk with Clint Eastwood? I think you mean Crystal Taylor, his roadie, and the guitarist from Status Quo.

Gondorian Queen Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 66 posts

Posted: 23 Nov 04, 08:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BLOND MOMENT ON STAGE!!!!!!What do you mean?!

JOSEPH HAHN IS A SEXY GUY :D:D:D