Forums > Personal > The Da Vinci Code

forum rss feed
Author

Sonia Doris user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6254 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Nov 04, 04:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can see no-one has talked about it here...(don't give me links if im wrong), but I think it has many ideas that can start a really good conversation without stupid stuff in it... Pls be serious, or I'll forget my name!!!

2+2=5

Posted: 22 Nov 04, 05:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

it figures...i tried to post a serious topic and no-one would answer... ah!

2+2=5
Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4282 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 04, 07:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Very nice book, read it in 2 or 3 days.

MetzgerR user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 368 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 04, 08:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It is really interesting, though I was glad I was warned about the content before I read it that first time! Personally, I like 'Angels and Demons' better, and 'Digital Fortress' even more. I'm still waiting to get more by him... too bad that wait-list at the library is so terribly long!

What did you find most intriguing about the book? Was there anything that just really upset or angered you the first time you read it through? What do you think of Brown's writing style in general?

Ja ne!

Posted: 22 Nov 04, 09:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="crimson"><b>ThomasQuinn</b> wrote:

Finally a book on a subject me and a few friends have been researching for several years now (we started it for one of my friends' school term-paper two years ago, and kept at it). Not completely accurate (but hey, what do you want, it's a bloody novel!!), but interesting nonetheless.

cool! i've been doin some diggin in this subject for about 2-3 years too! cool! i find mysteries really interesting.

2+2=5
Whisperer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1312 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 04, 09:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Love the book, but will hate the movie if Tom Hanks is gonna be in it. That guy has only two expressions: 1. happy one (like most of Forrest Gump) 2. sad one (looks like just shit himself)

Not those are losers who fall, but those who don't stand up.
veronica58 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 84 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 04, 10:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the subject was interesting, but the writing of all of Dan Brown's book is so predictable. You always have that super-intelligent beautiful girl and the handsome genius male....I don't know if you guys ever heard of Dave Barry, but he did a spoof about it over the summer. Great stuff.

iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 04, 10:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Book was ok. Bit drawn out, but ok.

I'd do well as the lead in the movie.

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!

Posted: 22 Nov 04, 15:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i think i'd do ok as sophie... :P only if the lead male character is jude law!!! or ewan mcgreggor. or chris o'donnell. or tom cruise!!!
he he
:P

2+2=5

Posted: 22 Nov 04, 15:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bring Back That Crazy Little Thing wrote:

Finally a book on a subject me and a few friends have been researching for several years now (we started it for one of my friends' school term-paper two years ago, and kept at it). Not completely accurate (but hey, what do you want, it's a bloody novel!!), but interesting nonetheless.

cool! i've been doin some diggin in this subject for about 2-3 years too! cool! i find mysteries really interesting.

I'm also into the JFK assasination. I won't rest until I've found some direct evidence that J. Edgar Hoover was involved!

cool stuff that too.
i read a lot by erich von daniken and in general stuff about ancient mysteries. love that!

2+2=5
dvm user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 51 posts

Posted: 23 Nov 04, 13:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

read that book is to who dosen´t have anymore to make

da vinci only not say ´´ i never make this i only paint nothing more , author you it looks for hair in egg`` because he is died

this is idiot look for nothing to find gold

I bring you a thousand stolen roses to forgive my limped lies mine
wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 23 Nov 04, 16:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

a good book
heard tom hanks will play in the movie
read about it at MSN sometime ago

MY GOD spell it write.
Whisperer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1312 posts

Posted: 23 Nov 04, 16:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm also into the JFK assasination. I won't rest until I've found some direct evidence that J. Edgar Hoover was involved!

cool stuff that too.
i read a lot by erich von daniken and in general stuff about ancient mysteries. love that!

I've read the Däniken book too. Very cool stuff!

Not those are losers who fall, but those who don't stand up.

Posted: 23 Nov 04, 17:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i don't view the da vinci code necessarily as a novel, but as a way to raise certain questions. i don't think the guy would have received attention if he wrote a non-fiction book. my opinion...
anyway, i agree that the structure is a bit non-brilliant, to put it in nice words, with the american that saves the world (:P) etc. that's why i prefer autors like bulgakov or haruki murakami. anyway...his point wasnt really to write a great nove, in my opinion, but to raise a couple of questions about our civilisation.
the end

2+2=5
Matti user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1619 posts

Posted: 23 Nov 04, 20:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't really like to read but I thought it was good.

Total Blam Blam
Goo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 295 posts

Posted: 23 Nov 04, 20:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, the plot and literary quality of the book itself isn't too amazing, but I loved learning about all those codes and paintings, and histories in such an interesting way! You can tell the author's really smart, and he's sure done his research. I think that's what I liked best about the book, it really challenges the mind, and it's so fascinating.

Playful as a pussycat.
Monte: Liquorice Years user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 674 posts

Posted: 23 Nov 04, 20:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i think its a great book! i love art and put into the context of the book, it just seems so much more interestibg!

when i first started reading it, the only thing that turned me off was the religion in it, but that turned out cool any way!!

Cheer up emo kid!

Posted: 24 Nov 04, 09:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i really loved his irony in describing opus dei :P

2+2=5

Posted: 24 Nov 04, 19:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

agree with linda 98%.

2+2=5
dragonzflame user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2456 posts

Posted: 24 Jun 05, 06:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Okay...I've just finished reading it, having finally got round to borrowing it off a friend.
I really enjoyed it up till about two-thirds of the way through. Up till there, I was liking the storyline, found it easy to follow (although not the best style at least it's easy) and was mightily interested in the whole thing even though I had a pretty good idea about the secret of Sophie's family (I was right about the important part).
But the ending was silly and overall very disappointing. Most disappointed with who the Teacher turned out to be.
It began to drag round about that two-thirds point and by the end I was sick of it.
On the basis of the story I don't think it deserved all that praise it was given on the cover but raised some interesting historical and theological discussions that make a lot of sense.

When life hands you lemons, add vodka.