Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Brian's Red Special guitar is NOT the one used in the "FM Tribute"??!!

forum rss feed
Author

Rael user not visiting Queenzone.com
Rael
Champion: 93 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Nov 04, 14:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dear Friends:

I'm watching a video from the tribute to Freddie and I noticed that the guitar used by Brian (from "Tie your mother..." to "Hammer to fall", i haven't finished watching the show) is very smiliar to the "Red special" but it's not THE "Red special" if you know what i mean.

I found that very strange, becouse "being the last Queen concert" i think that he would used it for the whole gig.

Does anyone of you thinks the same? or am i the only crazy to think and seen that?

Salutes
Sebas

God save the Queen-hub!!
gabriel79 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 313 posts

Posted: 23 Nov 04, 14:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i dunno if it's the real red special but the sound of the guitar is very low

Rael user not visiting Queenzone.com
Rael
Champion: 93 posts

Posted: 23 Nov 04, 14:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nevermind... it wasn't the Red Special, but after a while, Brian shows up with it...

Salutes
Sebas

God save the Queen-hub!!
Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 23 Nov 04, 14:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It was the Guild back up, he probably needed a string change.

Chom own mudder fukker.
don't_stop_me_now 9697 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 147 posts

Posted: 23 Nov 04, 14:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I´m watching Borhap and I think it is the Red Special, I think it´s definately not the Guild replica.

Schlipsi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 14 posts

Posted: 23 Nov 04, 15:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi,

during the first seconds of HTF, a string broke and he had to use the Guild for the rest of the song. You can see it on the original TV broadcast, not on the DVD, although you CAN see John looking over to Brian and smiling (as far as I remember) while he changed the guitar.

For the rest of the concert he uses the Red Special, afaik.

NOTWMEDDLE user not visiting Queenzone.com
NOTWMEDDLE
Bohemian: 691 posts

Posted: 23 Nov 04, 18:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank Goodness Tony Iommi played rhythm guitar on HTF so he could cover Brian whilst Brian switched guitars and Iommi did the ending solo.

"Spread your wings and fly away, fly away, far away!", "No one makes me sing lullabies and no one makes me close my eyes"
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6328 posts

Posted: 24 Nov 04, 03:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Check queenconcerts for photos and further info. Any road, Brian switched to the Guild replica during Hammer because the RS was out of tune (he maybe used too much tremolo in I Want It All or the roadie forgot to re-tune it during Las Palabras), so he switched it just for that song. Of course he uses the Thinline Semiacoustic and the Ovation too.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.