Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Queen- still like John?

forum rss feed
Author

trustno1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 98 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Nov 04, 06:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't think we'll ever know the true dynamics of their relationship, sadly. Personally, I think John probably hates them.

riku_queencdr user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 168 posts

Posted: 24 Nov 04, 06:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe you should ask this from Brian through his website? I don't think any of us here at QZ know the answer.

Joma user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 388 posts

Posted: 24 Nov 04, 07:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

'John is a very remote person.'

says Roger. And he didn't even go to Brian's wedding. What is there to say? I don't think he hates them, but he is RETIRED.
He will never come back. He's like dead already...

Live life to the full!
Oberon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 499 posts

Posted: 24 Nov 04, 08:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I get the impression that it's very much a business relationship these days, even between Brian and Roger. I think they probably only get together on Queen related business.

It's probably been like that for a while since, perhaps, the late 80s, only with John it's "worse" as he doesn't wish to participate in the musical projects Brian and Roger do together.

Think about all your school mates or former work collegues you don't see any more. The situation, sadly, is the same

Tatterdemalion and the junketer

There's a thief and a dragonfly trumpeter
The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts

Posted: 24 Nov 04, 09:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think that John never was very close with Brian en Roger. You always saw Brian and Roger together and Freddie and John together. I don't think they hate each other, John has just his own life now.

I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
Negative Creep user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 720 posts

Posted: 24 Nov 04, 12:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Do Queen like John. John WAS in Queen. Queen ended in 1991. They released a posthumous album then were encouraged to release a single. Queen are no more. The question should be does John still like Roger & Brian... it appears not. If they got on he would still contribute the odd comment to the fanzine, the odd live appearance... he wouldn't only go and see the musical secretly without telling them, he wouldn't bride them to get his sons band to support at a gig, he wouldn't publically blast the Robbie Williams collaboration etc etc etc.

LadyMoonshineDown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 894 posts

Posted: 24 Nov 04, 17:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John wants his privacy, and it comes off as the wrong way. Think about it....

A little over 20 years of performing, touring, etc. I am sure he has had enough of the spotlight in his life to just settle down and not immerse himself into the public.

Plus: He has always been the quiet man of the group. Expecting him to be involved with what Brian and Roger and doing is almost....ridiculous. He will forever remain an important part of Queen....

I think that is enough.

"Today I saw an American flag flying at full mast and I was reassured--I knew someone....somewhere....was alive."
iron eagle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3793 posts

Posted: 24 Nov 04, 18:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Phillip is quite right in his observations and opinion

i got a way with the boys on my block.. :-)