Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Today is the day

forum rss feed
Author

redyfredy01 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 141 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Nov 04, 07:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Today is the day that Freddie tragicaly died. I read that when he died, his yard was filled with flowers, the gate infront of his house was open so fans could see. He was creammated on the 27th. I went to the History channel, i went to the BBC channel and not one channel has anything on Freddie. You would think that they might have a biography or something. I know it is kind of a random topic, but i just felt like i needed to tell someone, i felt that someone needed to here about him.

I am not obsessed, I just have a one-track mind. (Obessed people go to counceling.)
Joma user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 388 posts

Posted: 24 Nov 04, 07:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think most of us here will.

Live life to the full!
FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 24 Nov 04, 07:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was 5, so i was probably peeing my pants on 24 November....And I'm pretty sure Freddie was doing the same.

Pee Pee!

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 24 Nov 04, 08:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can't agree that he 'tragically' died. I'm lead to believe that most people around him knew that he was going to die due to A.I.D.S related problems. Tragic doesn't seem proper. It is tragic he had A.I.D.S in the first place. Meh.

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!
Whisperer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1312 posts

Posted: 24 Nov 04, 09:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't remember his death. I was seven back then. First memory of Freddie/Queen is a Made In Heaven commercial in 1995.

Not those are losers who fall, but those who don't stand up.
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 24 Nov 04, 09:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was 10 and I remember, 'cause it was over all TV news here.

Posted: 25 Nov 04, 21:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It is wierd because all those years i didn't know about Queen, until summer time this year, it feels like i missed out on everything. I wasn't even born when he died because i am only turning 13, yet i still get tear-eyed about it. and to iGSM, or whatever your name is, you are right, it isn't tragic that he died, it is tragic that he had the disease. But i do think it is tragic that he happened to die the after he announced that he was ill. And for the longest time i thought that AIDS could just kill you whenever, but he died from bronchile pnemonia.

I am not obsessed, I just have a one-track mind. (Obessed people go to counceling.)

Posted: 25 Nov 04, 21:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It is stange that i used to sing WATC and WWRY and i never even knew who it was. They were my favorite songs and at the time, i didn't know that i would grow and have them at the top of my list of favorite bands. Kind of ironic.