Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > No One But You video (World AIDS Day Edit) for download

forum rss feed
Author

goinback user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 997 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Nov 04, 03:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I VJ at a (gay) video bar, and every year around this time there's a benefit drag show for World AIDS Day (coming up again next week). Last year I wanted to play NOBY, but I didn't really like any of the versions of the video. There were two versions on the hub that had some extra Freddie footage edited in, so I combined those and I added a lot more of my own.

I thought this might be an appropriate time to share it with others, so I uploaded it as sort of secret link on my website. Go to my site below, then scroll to the very bottom of the page, and it's the link with 5 "X"s. On Windows you should right-click the link and choose "Save Target As".

It's a 50 meg VCD-quality file, so hopefully my site can handle it. Let me know how it goes :) Also I'm sharing it on the hub under the name "emeraldbar".

Jim

"I have no time for Time magazine. Or Rolling Stone." Jethro Tull
Scirocco1977 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 533 posts

Posted: 25 Nov 04, 09:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanx for the video. I enjoyed watching it. Especially the rare footage amazed me.
However, (and this is just a little constructive criticism), I always felt that most inserts were too fast. It would have fitted more if those were in slowmotion. Also, I did not much like the way you inserted laughing Freddie during the "there's a face at the window" lyrics. It is actually a pretty sad moment in the video.

However, the best part is when Freddie is "conducts" the audience during the second "one by one..." bit. It fits perfectly!!!

Keep 'em mowing blades sharp!
Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 25 Nov 04, 12:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love this video. Thank you for it. I remember watching it last year and feeling the same way. Great job. :)

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

goinback user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 997 posts

Posted: 25 Nov 04, 15:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey thanks :) The part with Freddie laughing was previously inserted on one of the other versions of the video (I'm thinking it was a BBC version but I'm not sure). Most of the parts that were there before have sort of a black-and-red hue to them. The "one by one" part was from me though ;)

Glad to hear it downloaded okay from my website provider...I guess I won't fire them (yet)!

One of the parts that move me the most is at the end: there are some happy shots of Freddie clowning around, and then they're cut-off abruptly (like his real life) and go into sort of a slow-mo of his face blurring. That slow-mo bit was in the Wayne's World video, and it always made me sad because I knew it wasn't like that in the original Bo Rhap video, and it seemed to be inserted to represent Freddie's passing. Then I tried to make the pizza-box lighting rig look like it's coming down for one last time.

"I have no time for Time magazine. Or Rolling Stone." Jethro Tull
The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 25 Nov 04, 15:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

loved the part Freddie throwing roses in the audience, rest woz rubbish...bad butchering!

Killed by drones.
Paula46 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 47 posts

Posted: 25 Nov 04, 15:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

First time I have seen ANY video for No one but you, and I liked! It was good!