Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Kurt Cobain's suicide note! OMG!

forum rss feed
Author

Awesome-O _4000 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 499 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Nov 04, 02:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've recently got into Nirvanna and went on the Internet to read Kurt Cobain's suicide note. He mentions Freddie in it! He said he envyed Freddie Mercury who "seemed to love and relish the love and adoration from the crowd"
WOW. I had no idea about this. Why isn't it talked about more often, I mean, this seems like a big deal to me. Poor Kurt Cobain, I think he was really a good guy who was in a lot of pain.


-Thungerbolt courtesy of God
iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Nov 04, 04:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And he spelt it Freddie.. I think. That rat.


...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!
Josuè user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1970 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Nov 04, 04:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, we already had a topic about that a while ago.

Awesome, huh? I also got surprised.


An interview? Oh, don't be ridiculous...
queenrocks! 10902 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 455 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Nov 04, 05:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes Cobain was yet another artist influenced by Freddie.
Nirvana are very good if you like grunge.


I'm just a musical prostitute my dear!

FREDDIE MERCURY 1984
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Nov 04, 08:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

he was also a heroin addict - so his mind was completely screwed almost 24/7

so his idea of what a great time someone was having might be a little off target


go deo na h√Čireann
Awesome-O _4000 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 499 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Nov 04, 12:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You can find both the handwritten (which is impossible to read) and translation here:

<http://handwritingu.com/newslettersamples/cobain/>


-Thungerbolt courtesy of God
Awesome-O _4000 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 499 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Nov 04, 12:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

NO problem. Sorry, DON'T try the one above, try this:


<www.handwritingu.com/newslettersamples/cobain>



-Thungerbolt courtesy of God
Awesome-O _4000 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 499 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Nov 04, 12:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Shit, nevermind. Just go to alta vista or google if you haven't found it already


-Thungerbolt courtesy of God
Whatinthewhatthe? user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2210 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Nov 04, 15:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I still think Courtney Love killed her husband...

Whatinthewhatthe? user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2210 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Nov 04, 15:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Read it again. It's more like he was telling his fans he was "retiring", it does not read like a suicide note...it was like he was sick of everything (performing, touring) but not to the point of wanting to off himself. The two different styles of handwriting are very questionable, and the circumstances leading to the discovery of his body are even more so.
I still think to this day he was murdered, and I hope the truth comes out that his dear wife did the dirty deed. Look at her since his death -- is she more famous than Nirvana? No. Is her career on fire? Absolutely not. She's a strung-out druggie who will probably end HER own life and leave her daughter an orphan.

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Nov 04, 18:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<marquee><font color = green>Brenski wrote:

he was also a heroin addict - so his mind was completely screwed almost 24/7

so his idea of what a great time someone was having might be a little off target


Bad argument... Sounds like 'Freddie was gay, so his music is crap'...

geeksandgeeks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4296 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Nov 04, 19:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<marquee><font color = green>Brenski wrote:

he was also a heroin addict - so his mind was completely screwed almost 24/7

so his idea of what a great time someone was having might be a little off target


Oh, come on. Don't try and tell me that Freddie Mercury didn't love being famous. It's one of those things people admired about him - particularly people like Kurt Cobain who would have given his left nut not to be famous.

(Warning to person who started this topic: I appreciate greatly that you are a fellow Nirvana fan and I would like you to know that you have impeccabloe taste, but saying the word "Nirvana" on here is apt to result in a huge flame war that finishes up with me and Sir GH going for each others' throats. I have been getting along well with the guy and don't want this to happen again, especially considering the less-than-admirable state of the board. Just a thought - Nirvana rules.)


God wants you to send me some money.



"Seven spades doubled, vulnerable, making seven? You BITCH."
geeksandgeeks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4296 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Nov 04, 19:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MourningElektra wrote:

Read it again. It's more like he was telling his fans he was "retiring", it does not read like a suicide note...it was like he was sick of everything (performing, touring) but not to the point of wanting to off himself. The two different styles of handwriting are very questionable, and the circumstances leading to the discovery of his body are even more so.
I still think to this day he was murdered, and I hope the truth comes out that his dear wife did the dirty deed. Look at her since his death -- is she more famous than Nirvana? No. Is her career on fire? Absolutely not. She's a strung-out druggie who will probably end HER own life and leave her daughter an orphan.


Most of you know what I think of this, so I'll try not to bore everyone to death. Leave that poor woman - and her kid - alone; they've dealt with enough. Is it THAT hard to believe that a mentally ill young man who has been saddled with about fifty thousand responsibilities he doesn't want, not to mention is hopelessly addicted to drugs, might want to end it all? It ain't anything personal.

And I'd have to say she's pretty famous by herself. That was one HELL of a performance she gave in that movie about Larry Flynt.


God wants you to send me some money.



"Seven spades doubled, vulnerable, making seven? You BITCH."
Whatinthewhatthe? user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2210 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Nov 04, 19:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, the Larry Flynt performance was all-natural, let-it-all-hang-out and hyperautobiographical.
In other words, pure Courtney!

geeksandgeeks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4296 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Nov 04, 20:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MourningElektra wrote:

Yes, the Larry Flynt performance was all-natural, let-it-all-hang-out and hyperautobiographical.
In other words, pure Courtney!
]

*sigh*

Somehow, I can't see Courtney Love ever dying her hair mixed black-and-white.


God wants you to send me some money.



"Seven spades doubled, vulnerable, making seven? You BITCH."
Monte: Liquorice Years user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 674 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Nov 04, 02:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yes...."suicide" note....i still believe Kurt Cobain was murdered by Courtney Love.... if you read his medical report, I believe ot holds all the answers

but this is a forum about Queen, not Kurt Cobains death. I think it's sweet, the Cobain liked Freddie (or, that's what Love put in the note anyway). Both were great singers, and changed this world!!


***

Cheer up emo kid!

***
geeksandgeeks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4296 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Nov 04, 17:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cunning Stunt wrote:

yes...."suicide" note....i still believe Kurt Cobain was murdered by Courtney Love.... if you read his medical report, I believe ot holds all the answers

but this is a forum about Queen, not Kurt Cobains death. I think it's sweet, the Cobain liked Freddie (or, that's what Love put in the note anyway). Both were great singers, and changed this world!!


I'm not going to get into all this again, but doesn't everyone agree that he did write the first part of the note?

I know dear old Kurt had a Queen poster in his first apartment. Who the hell says classic and modern rock can't mix?


God wants you to send me some money.



"Seven spades doubled, vulnerable, making seven? You BITCH."
jason_drimalitis user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Nov 04, 23:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I had read a biography a few years back on the life of Kurt Cobain. It was noted several times that Kurt Cobain was a Queen fan and would often listen to the News Of The World album a lot during his younger years.

The point he was trying to make was that he didnt like the stage, performing, touring, etc unlike Freddie Mercury who thrived on it.

However, I didnt like the way Courtney Love snickered when she was reading over the part of Cobain's letter that mentioned Freddie's name.

Courtney Love is a whore. A filthy, filthy whore

Monte: Liquorice Years user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 674 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Nov 04, 02:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i wasnt saying that Cobain wasnt a Queen fan! i was saying that Love wrote the note, and put that in to make it more believable! Gez, have a heart attack why dont you!

i still believe Kurt Cobain was murdered. He overdosed on drugs, then Love shot him... thats my theory, and thats what im sticking to!

Cobain had a Queen poster when he was younger? thats so cute!


***

Cheer up emo kid!

***
Awesome-O _4000 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 499 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Nov 04, 17:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

geeks&geeks<br><font>God Empress</font> wrote:

<marquee><font color = green>Brenski wrote:



(Warning to person who started this topic: I appreciate greatly that you are a fellow Nirvana fan and I would like you to know that you have impeccabloe taste, but saying the word "Nirvana" on here is apt to result in a huge flame war that finishes up with me and Sir GH going for each others' throats. I have been getting along well with the guy and don't want this to happen again, especially considering the less-than-admirable state of the board. Just a thought - Nirvana rules.)


Thank you. And I'm sorry if there is animosity towards nirvana here, since basically w/out Queen the band would not have exhisted, at least not that music anyway


-Thungerbolt courtesy of God