Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > where are the real Queen fans?

forum rss feed
Author

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Nov 04, 19:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'v been with this site now for about 2 months, read alot of garbage. My question to you is there any real Queen fans in this site? I mean, lets get this straight, anything after 1976 is garbage, the game, hot space, the works, magic, the miracle, made in heaven are all crap according to everone in this site. obviously queen were good, but according to most of you, not great. how can a great band put out so much garbage, and you call yourself fans. this rant is not for everyone in this site, there's some great fans here, but not to many. I never hear so many other fans bitch about their favorite bands music, led zep, the who, the stones, their beloved by their fans, nobody is gonna tell me the songs on made in heaven are not great, A winters tale, mother love, love will kill you and many more. I never heard queen put out crap, like most of you seem to think. and by the way The works is a great album.

L-R-TIGER1994 user not visiting Queenzone.com
member of the Royal Family
L-R-TIGER1994
Deity: 3652 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 04, 19:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You should've come 2 years ago more or less,it used to be full of Queen fans.

Heap big woman you made an asshole outta me....gimme your bums and ride!!!!!!
AlexRocks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1358 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 04, 19:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree. I like everything! Including the solo projects!

RockitPJ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 58 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 04, 20:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"If I look half as good to you people as you do to me, I must look good."
RockitPJ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 58 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 04, 20:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have to agree with you about some fans knocking Queen's later music. I'm a Queen fan because of the fact they never got boring. I was alway's excited when a new record was released because I knew it would sound different from their previous release. The only thing I didn't like about Made in Heaven was that it was released after Freddie's death. It would have been great to hear him perform those songs live.

"If I look half as good to you people as you do to me, I must look good."

Posted: 27 Nov 04, 20:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm not saying it's so horrible to have a queen album you don't like, i also like judas priest and there are a couple albums that i'm not crazy about, but it seems every album after a day at the races gets bashed, like it's the worst music on the planet. how can you say all those albums are garbage than come on a site like this and call yourself a fan. by the way, it's magic!

Agnieszeq user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 96 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 04, 20:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, I've noticed lately that criticising and bitching about is very fashionable on this forum. When someone says sth good about Queen he/she's being called 'pathetic' (very popular word on this site...). Then everybody wants to be cool and even when has nothing important to say, always has to be sarcastic or sth. Well, I don't like most of "The Works" and "Hot Space" either and I know that not everything Queen did is wonderful, but when I say so, I try to give my reasons not just some stupid comments. I don't think that if someone is criticising sth queen did, he's not the real fan. Very stupid to say so. We can't be narrow-minded fanatics, who defend everything Queen did, even if it's not worth it. But when we criticize without meaningful reasons, don't we look like some idiots, kind of... A: "Why don't you like it?"-B: "Because I don't."

,,The bigger the better, in everything!'' Freddie Mercury
LadyMoonshineDown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 894 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 04, 20:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hmmm....

I don't recall ever calling their stuff after 1976 garbage. In fact....I never have. Ever. I know others do, but if they were not real queen fans, I don't think they would be here.
Cheers.

"Today I saw an American flag flying at full mast and I was reassured--I knew someone....somewhere....was alive."

Posted: 27 Nov 04, 20:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i'm not saying if you don't like an album or two your not a true fan, but there's so called fans on this site that put down more than half there albums than say there fans, like i said, Queen at this point are a passion for me, and i don't expect everyone to agree with everything i like, (by Queen is just about everything) but how can you claim Queen were great, then put down most of their albums. A band like priest i love most of their albums and there's couple i don't like, but the majority i love, on this site some, not all fans put down the majority, without mentioning names, but i know who they are. others like electric and a few others i could talk about Queen for days straight with.

Posted: 27 Nov 04, 20:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

moonshinedown rules

Posted: 27 Nov 04, 20:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I guess I can understand that...
But I haven't read anything like that yet, so I don't know. I, for the most part, love all of Queen's albums, but if I had to choose which era was better, I would choose their 70's era. That is just a matter of taste, but it is all great.

Um...Moonshinedown rules? What are you referring to? lol,jk.

"Today I saw an American flag flying at full mast and I was reassured--I knew someone....somewhere....was alive."
KillerQueen840 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4081 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 04, 20:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm a true Queen fan!!!! The only album I really don't care too much for is Hot Space..but I still like it! I have always loved Queen and since the past few years I have become totally obsessed with them.

"The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keep out the joy."

(Jim Rohn)

Posted: 27 Nov 04, 21:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

alright, so mabe i went bit overboard, let me say minority of fans on this site make me crazy, the majority are true blue, and i agree the first six queen albums are vintage Queen, there's no questioning that, but they always put out great music, Queen2, ANATO, sheer heart attack, ADATR, NOTW pretty much in any order.

Posted: 27 Nov 04, 21:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey, it's alright. We go overboard in things. I know I kinda did in that post about the amazon reviews.....anyway...

There are people here who do not understand that loving a band means loving all of it. It's just like loving a person. Bad with the good, but the bad isn't even that bad really.
Cheers

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 04, 21:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK, I'll try and explain this in small words, but I'm quite intelligent, so the odd three syllable one might slip through. Do your best.

IT'S NOT THE SAME PEOPLE THAT BASH EVERYTHING.

Some people don't like Hot Space, some feel that A Kind OF Magic is quite a weak album, some say that The Miracle is terrible.

Some don't like Machines, some don't like Friends Will Be Friends, some think Was It All Worth It needs more guitar & less synth.

Got it?

On the other hand, all of the bove (except one) applies to me, and yet oddly enough, I'd still say I was a "proper" "real" "genuine" Queen fan. The fact that I don't love everything they ever did means (in my view) that I am able to think for myself, and judge things based on their merits and not my own preconceptions.

Finally a question for you, my cunt. Tell us all how you feel about Bohemian Rhapsody as heard on Live Magic? Good or bad - no shades of grey.

Queenette=1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 103 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 04, 01:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Koudoes to you Mike Hunt, someone else who feels like I do about all the cutting down about a few songs or albums. I personally don't cut down any of there music. To me it is the BEST you can get!
Cheers Mike!

Cherie Grove

Posted: 28 Nov 04, 01:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why can't we all just get along?
Haha....that was my inner hippie obviously trying to escape. Nevermind that, and keep the rants coming. It is enjoyable to read them.
Cheers

Melancholy Blues user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 205 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 04, 02:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i like the entire queen catalogue. Though their sound changed alot from the seventies to the eighties and nineties i think this was a good think. If they only made one type of music(like most people)they would have got boring. They stayed interested in music by doing new things. I think made in heaven is just as good if not better than one of their earlier albums.

I want to break free from your lies you're so self satisfied I don't need you
Wouter user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 91 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 04, 05:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What is a real fan? Being a real fan includes being critical about the band you love as well. Not being able to criticize is called "fanatic".

Let's use a simile: if you're in school and you always get A's, then you're considered to be very smart. If, at one time, you get a B-, you would have done poorly. Is a B- bad? No, not really, it's only not what you're up to, you're able to do better than that.

Same goes for Queen. I think their first albums showed what they were up to, and not all the later albums fulfilled the expectations. They're probably not bad at all, but compared to the earlier albums, they are.

That's one point. The second is that I don't have to like changes in style. The game and Hot Space are much more disco than Queen II or ANATO. I don't like disco, but I do like symphonic music, and therefore it's perfectly understandable why I don't like certain albums.

And besides, the other bands that were named in this tiopic have the same problems. I know lots of fans who only like the early work of the Stones (including myself), and the same goes for The Who and Led Zep.

GiantSpider user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 345 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 04, 06:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen put out some great stuff after '76. AOBTD was Queen's biggest selling song ever & that came in '80. People should not jump on the band wagon & slate Queen's later stuff (I say later ADATR was only their 5th albumn) just 'cause someone else does.

James