forum rss feed
Author

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6373 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Dec 04, 18:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I believe most DVD players in the USA are NTSC only, although PAL is occasionally available.

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
mr mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
mr mercury
Deity: 4632 posts

Posted: 03 Dec 04, 18:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PAL stands for Phase Alternating Line and NTSC stands for National Television System Committee.

See here http://www.alkenmrs.com/video/standards.html for more info

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
Taylor-Mayed user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 7134 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 04, 09:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

While the majority of modern PAL equipment will playback NTSC, the reverse is rarely true because there's never been the demand - Europeans want equipment which can play videos and DVDs released in the USA before their own countries which they can order online and so forth, but the vast majority of Americans would never need such dual-standard equipment because things tend to get released first there anyway.

Of course, this is becoming less of a problem these days as release dates tend to be closer together the world over, and in the case of many US television show DVD sets in particular, often get released in Europe and Australia and so on first, as the syndication broadcast rights prevent earlier releases in the US - "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" is a good example of this, where the DVD sets were released in Region 2 some time before they appeared in Region 1.

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 04, 11:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

best copyting setup?

have nero installed
get yerself ANYDVD 3.2 and DVDShrink

1. run anydvd - amend settings to bypass any protection/and region settings
2. use dvd shrink to condense and resave to hardrive - with the options set to "burn dvd using nero)

about 1 hr later (system = 1300duron, ½gig ram) (35mins on my system) you will have a burned, finished perfect copy - hope this helps

go deo na h√Čireann