Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Queen on Simpsons

forum rss feed
Author

FairyQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 353 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Dec 04, 20:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was watching the new Simpsons episode just now and when the fox news truck was coming into springfield, they were blaring out "We are the Champions" through their megaphone..this Simpsons episode is extremly funny...

"A man's private thought can never be a lie; what he thinks, is to him the truth, always." - Mark Twain

Visit my band's site at:

senecafalls.crystalflare.com

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 05 Dec 04, 20:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And they had that huge Bush/Cheney 2004 sign.

I love it when they make fun of FOX News, and the whole FOX network on the show.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 05 Dec 04, 20:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I saw that too. Found it ironic that 'We Are The Champions' was blasting in favor of a conservative network.

And I found the episode to be horrible, as most of the recent seasons of the show has been.

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 05 Dec 04, 20:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The episode last week where Lisa has an eating disorder, and Nelson Muntz goes to live with the Simpsons was goddamn hilarious. One of the best episodes I've seen in a long long time.

But yes, I'm gonna have to agree that the show has lost it's touch. However, I still consider that it's improved a tiny bit compared to the seasons where Mike Scully was the executive producer and all he did was bring celebrities guests on the show, the show was getting too centered around Homer and got boring, and the plots were quite poor.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
LadyMoonshineDown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 894 posts

Posted: 05 Dec 04, 23:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah...

The one episode where Moe is severely attached to little Maggie played "You're my best friend" during the middle. I loved that as well. have you seen it?
Cheers

"Today I saw an American flag flying at full mast and I was reassured--I knew someone....somewhere....was alive."
Megamike The GREAT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2264 posts

Posted: 05 Dec 04, 23:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just watched that one today.. it was Cool..

I love the Simpsons, I have all their episodes on my computer.. well.. except for the first 3 seasons.. but I have seasons 4-15. . and the first 3 episodes of this season..

My Brothers and Sisters all hated me 'cause I was an only child...

-Weird Al (Generic Blues)

I gave up on books when 'To Kill A Mockingbird' gave me no useful advice on how to kill a mockingbird.
iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 04, 01:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Then there was episode 7F20 where Homer sang We are the Champions after catching General Sherman. Also there was episode AABF07 where Homer, Barney, Lenny and Carl sing We Will Rock You/We are the Champions. True dat, trueeeeeeee dat.

Legend has it that Homer stayed up all night listening to Queen. Damn right too! Night at the Opera it is!

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!