Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > America Sucks!!!!

forum rss feed
Author

redyfredy01 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 141 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Dec 04, 17:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In America, people are constantly making fun of Queen, and looking down on Queen because of Freddie's homosexuality. I was wathcing Vh1 today, and there was a shoe about celebrities coming out of the closet. While this show was on, they began to play Queen songs. It isn't that that was offencive or anything, but they just need to lay off!!!! Do any of you agree?

I am not obsessed, I just have a one-track mind. (Obessed people go to counceling.)
love of my life 14018 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 123 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 04, 17:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wasn't there just a thread about this? I agree, though, it does suck, but you can't argue with all of the idiots in the world. People do need to get over it, it's pathetic that the very issue, among other things, lost Kerry the election, really. The US is doing a wonderful job earning its(our) reputation as the most homophobic contry in the world, but you know what? They can listen to their shite music all they like and we can be the priviledged few that love Queen. Their loss. I know there are other American Queen fans here, so it's not all of us.....

"Roger and I go poncing and ultrablagging just about everywhere and lately we've been termed a couple of queens."
kohuept user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 552 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 04, 17:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've got nothing more to add than "I agree".

You just can't beat the reasonably priced mosquito repellant OFF.
7Innuendo7 user not visiting Queenzone.com
7Innuendo7
Bohemian: 816 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 04, 18:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"America sucks..."

I dunno, I think it's the military-industrial complex that sucks. Or blows. And all that entails. Anyway, President Eisenhower warned us about it in his farewell address January 1961. The result: laissez-faire morality and political correctness create a society driven by alternating cycles of amusement and consumption, driven by scapegoating behavior (read: racial prejudice, homphobia, etc), energized by sexual aggression. Basic capitalism.

I'm so glad I can pop in a Queen cd, light another "cigarette", and let myself go...

When a red hot man meets a white hot lady, Hoop Diddy Diddy, Hoop Diddy Doo!
Small Nob user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 23 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 04, 18:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think the US is just a slowly evolving culture. A Kurt Cobain quote might fit: "The world is run by dinosaurs. They will die, and we will move into their houses."

Was the fin on your back part of the deal? Shark!
Megamike The GREAT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2264 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 04, 18:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well.. I won't put up too much of a fuss on that.. I agree that most of America is for shit.. but there are a few of us around that don't deserve to be put in the same pot..

My Brothers and Sisters all hated me 'cause I was an only child...

-Weird Al (Generic Blues)

I gave up on books when 'To Kill A Mockingbird' gave me no useful advice on how to kill a mockingbird.
Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 04, 18:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm with MegaMan. ;)

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
NOTWMEDDLE user not visiting Queenzone.com
NOTWMEDDLE
Bohemian: 691 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 04, 19:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Americans and MTV are hypocrites. I don't want to hear the times change crap! Freddie and the lads get cast out for dressing in drag while my fellow Americans enjoyed watching Madonna and the skank Britney lesbo lip lock! Queen rock!

"Spread your wings and fly away, fly away, far away!", "No one makes me sing lullabies and no one makes me close my eyes"
Small Nob user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 23 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 04, 20:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A lot of ignorant dinosaurs still see male homosexuality as a threat. They're blinded by their (wrong)-wing hate filled dogma. We're a slowly evolving species, and unfortuately, have to be patient while these people catch up.

Was the fin on your back part of the deal? Shark!
LadyMoonshineDown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 894 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 04, 23:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's America for you.
Queen are known as stupid British fags.
Especially in the rock world that just burts with testosterone.
Cheers

"Today I saw an American flag flying at full mast and I was reassured--I knew someone....somewhere....was alive."
QueensQueenieII user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 30 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 04, 23:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*sigh* way to generalize folks!! Please don't lump all Americans into one group. It's not appreciated

Queens Queenie. . . the sequel

Posted: 09 Dec 04, 23:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm an American too....
And that is how I feel.
Not all of us (as I stated in the parenthesis that look oddly similar to these ones) are like that, but generalization can be true for some part.
Cheers

"Today I saw an American flag flying at full mast and I was reassured--I knew someone....somewhere....was alive."
mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 04, 23:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

america doesn't suck, be carful what you say, do they understand queen, no, but is it a great country, you bet.

Posted: 09 Dec 04, 23:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The subject title should be "A vast majority of Americans are rather ignorant,if you will." lol
Cheers

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 04, 23:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

agreed

Posted: 09 Dec 04, 23:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

But I guess with the way things are going, America will start to suck too. I mean....who knows? Homeland Security could be reading all of our posts on here looking for terrorists....heh.
Cheers

dorahc user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 107 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 04, 23:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm from America and I have to agree somewhat! I LOVE QUEEN and I feel that Freddie's homosexuality had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the way he sang! People tend to pick on those who are different in the slightest ways and it really is a shame. The way I look at it is Who Cares!! What ever sexual preference Freddie had was his business and his business alone. That made him no less of a person. I'm looking forward to the day that I can meet him in Heaven!!

Melancholy Blues user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 205 posts

Posted: 10 Dec 04, 05:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

americans are just way too paranoid and take things too seriosly. they obsess over the war and made way to much of a deal out of the whole superbowl incedent. i don't think as a whole that they are as accepting of other cultures and ideas as other countries are. they should stop acting like they rule the world and their opinion is always right, not that this is the people but rather those in charge

I want to break free from your lies you're so self satisfied I don't need you
DanielT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 18 posts

Posted: 10 Dec 04, 06:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes,in some ways. For instance: the arrogant way of pushing other countries and other thinking peolple. The government lies to make sense of war, but of course they need money and oil, because no other country don`t cares so much about ökologie and ressources than america I think. Other point: Almost all countries avoid landmines except america. Buisiness is number one and worth to make the whole world die. This fallen society thinks that they will get wings while they fall. Anyway, this is the way people outside america see the politic. It has nothing to do with you people in it. I´m sure you as kind, peacefully,tolerant, nice etc. like everybody else. And in the past America did a great job and helped to build a free thinking world to live in...

Be patiently with a learning german
rendezvous user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 48 posts

Posted: 10 Dec 04, 13:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think some of them are just pure ignorant, some of them really don't like Queen's (or rock)music, but some of them are really narrow-minded double standard hypocrites. They are afraid to admit that a GAY man can actually sing better, perform better than their MACHO men in rock music. They feel threatened, so they have to label Queen as a gay band and try to ignore the greatness of their music and performances.

Just take a look of Elton John case: He's gay, and a bitchy one actually. He is not only accepted by Americans, but also embraced. He's everywhere nowadays. Shows in Las Vegas, guest appearances in American idol and Extreme make over home edition, he's even talking with ABC for a sitcom based on his life. Recently, he even got the 27th annual Kennedy Center Honor for his lifetime contribution to American culture through the performing arts! They even call him "Sir Elton"(I know he's knighted, but still...) What's up with that? I think they just don't feel threatened by Elton, so he can do whatever he wants.

So now tell me those people are NOT narrow-minded double standard hypocrites.

"When I'm dead, who cares? I don't."

"Anyway the wind blows..."

--Freddie Mercury