Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Who is Paul Rodgers?

forum rss feed
Author

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Dec 04, 22:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK, so Queen is touring with Paul Rodgers?

Now excuse me if I sound ignorant, but who is Paul Rodgers?

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 12 Dec 04, 23:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lead singer of Free and Bad Company.

And a damn, fine, sexy looking man, if I do say so myself.

...what?

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 04, 00:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lester Burnham wrote:

...what?

Nothing, nothing..........
:D

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 04, 09:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

chech "Fire And water" by Free- excellent album. The most famus track from there is obviously "All Right Now" but the whole LP is awesome...
Other hits sang by him are "Feel Like Makin' Love" with Bad Comapny (remember South Park) or Wishing Well...

Negative Creep user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 720 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 04, 09:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A hasbeen rock singer in other words.

The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 04, 09:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"A hasbeen rock singer in other words"

A hasbecome even bigger rock singer in the near future.

I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 04, 10:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You've posted 75 negative posts here on this board Peter... Can you enjoy living??? Or are you a black viewer.

I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 04, 12:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i love highway song

go deo na h√Čireann
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 04, 12:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know Bad Company, and although I think that Paul Rodgers might make some respectable renditions of Queen songs like 'Tie Your Mother Down' and 'Hammer To Fall', I still think he's going to have an awful hard time fitting on Freddie's shoes, especially when it comes to singing a lot of other songs from the Queen catalog.

I mean, George Michael was perhaps the only possible decent choice if it ever came to Queen touring again with someone. Paul Rodgers just doesn't seem work for me, but I might give it a listen if I have the chance.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 04, 14:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Didn't he do the quiz-gameshow 3-2-1 ???

go deo na h√Čireann
jeff payne 1680 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 711 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 04, 14:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nah that was Ted(dustybin)Rogers R.I.P

jeffpayne56@msn.com
Rich Tea user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 248 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 04, 15:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jesus I hope Paul Rodgers sings the queen songs using his own brilliant style I'm sure Brian & Roger are clever enough to adapt as well! If they wanted a Freddie clone they would have got that bloke from Stars in Their eyes!!!

Whoever will unfortunatly be compared to Freddie I realise that is inevitable but still think its very sad. paul Rodgers was a major influence on Freddie in the early days so maybe we will get some more early stuff who knows!bet he would do a brilliant Innuendo as well!!!!!

Shadow boxing with yourself just seems to get you no where!
rhapsody__87 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 971 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 04, 16:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles79 wrote:

I mean, George Michael was perhaps the only possible decent choice if it ever came to Queen touring again with someone. Paul Rodgers just doesn't seem work for me, but I might give it a listen if I have the chance.

Oh, yeah! If it were George touring with Brian and Roger... I'd go see that. His name would probably attract more people than Paul Rodgers.

...Erica*

"I don't judge others. I say if you feel good with what you're doing, let your freak flag fly."

--Sarah Jessica Parker
Liquid Scream user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 478 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 04, 16:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They'll definately rock a hell of a lot harder with Rodgers than with George Michael.
Rodgers easily has one of the best hard rock voices ever and I think they will stick to that genre on the tour. Not to mention I think Paul is a little more respectable in the music world than a guy caught in a public washroom....well I think you know where that's going.
This isn't a full on Queen tour, we will get to hear some Free and Bad Company which I'll take over "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" any freaking day.

yamamamia user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 175 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 04, 16:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Goddammit!! I can't believe this "Radioactive" dude is gonna be it for awhile. I used to dig his pipes back in the day, but I'm thinking, now?? I'd rather hear Liza f'ing Minnelli. Well, maybe not. Did anybody hate "The FIRM" as much as I did back in the 80's? Hey, does this guy even play the piano? Or are they gonna do that fifth beatle thing. Please somebody with sense call that guy from Queen For A Day to do the vocal trip for a bit or two with Brian and Roger. It might just be more convincing. All right now!!!

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 04, 17:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Paul Rodgers = "No-name"?

Better known than Peter Cetera, I'd venture to suggest.

Also, as Queen fans, did none of you wonder who that bloke on the Smoke On The Water sleeve was? Or for whom Brian was playing on the Muddy Waters album? Or who was singing All Right Now (obscure track that THAT fucking is) at the end of the Guitar Expo show back in 1991?

Honestly, some of you people make Americans look worldly...

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 04, 17:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I knew of Paul Rodgers before I knew of Queen.

For some of you complaining about Paul Rodgers, listen to some fucking Free and Bad Company. And then listen to some live Queen - not studio albums, but live albums. Queen were essentially a rock band live, and that's what we're talking about here: the resurrection of Queen as a live band. There's a reason that songs like 'Nevermore', 'Lily Of The Valley', 'Jealousy', 'Leaving Home Ain't Easy', etc weren't in the set list, because they would have bored the fuck out of people.

Honestly, people have nothing better do than bitch about situations they have no control about. Queen have no one to please anymore but themselves, so if they want to have some fun and allow their fans the opportunity to share in that fun, then that's respectable enough.

Morals are morals, but this is just fucking rock and roll.

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 04, 17:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Paul Rodgers is good singer and it's really sad that some people doesn't know him...
Oh yeah - and he's Freddie's friend as Brian said, though I'm not sure that if Freddie loved his works that means that they knew each other and were friends!

ana user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 04, 17:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i don`t know who paul rodgers is.I just wanna say i don't like the idea of somone else singing queen songs.i can understand Roger and Brian miss being on tour, for a musician touring is part of their lives, but they have to understand that there cannot be another frontman in queen,nobody can be in Freddie's place.i have wonder all these years why Roger and Brian cannot sing ? I would prefer them singing (for better or worst)rather than a "stranger"! ana.

miracle
mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 04, 17:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

listen, if you want to live in the past(i agree is a great place) then live in the past, but i think they have a chance to make some interesting things happen, and possibly help the queen legacy grow, but it could also turn stale like recently what happened to the doors.