Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Can any Brish fans tell me if this is rare....

forum rss feed
Author

HiItsNino user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Dec 04, 23:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am thinking about buying this on E-Bay because it has a Freddie Mercury magazine printed the day after he died. I was wondering if any Brish fans could tell me how rare it is, and if its a good deal (I've never heard of the Evening Mail).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4511809994&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:1

Thanks!

"What is left of your dream, just the words on a stone. A man who learned how to teach, but forgot how to learn.."
rachael mae. user not visiting Queenzone.com
i am lush
rachael mae.
Royalty: 1489 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 04, 12:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think it's worth it although I have no idea.. :)

Mr Coolest Cat user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr Coolest Cat
Bohemian: 908 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 04, 13:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you like the items and can afford them, buy them, i have some Queen items from the 70s, probably worth only a few pounds, but i wouldn't sell them for a thousand.

There must be more to life than this.
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 04, 14:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A lot of local newspapers carried a tribute supplement - I have a feeling it may have been syndicated.

Either way, there are probably only a few hundred "Evening Mail" ones around by now, so technically it's fairly rare.

I doubt you'd learn anything from it though.

Megamike The GREAT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2264 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 04, 23:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why are you asking the British fans.. there are REAL BIG fans here in the US... ;-) that's why they won't tour..

anyway.. seriously.. I think it is worth it, I know if I had the money I would make a bid on it. So.. as long as the price don't go over $50.00 US.. I think its a good buy.

My Brothers and Sisters all hated me 'cause I was an only child...

-Weird Al (Generic Blues)

I gave up on books when 'To Kill A Mockingbird' gave me no useful advice on how to kill a mockingbird.