Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > John and Freddie's last Days

forum rss feed
Author

runner70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 147 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Dec 04, 17:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi there!
Always been wondering where or when John D. saw Freddie for the last time. Never heard sth about visits at Gardn Lodge - also not in Jim Hutton's book (which i quite hate!).
Do you think he made regular visits? Or already "retired" then ?????

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 04, 17:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We weren't at Garden Lodge at those days, you know, so you'd better ask Mr Freestone or find John (you'll receive an award in this case) and ask him! :)

Lara user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 43 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 04, 03:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good question runner, although everyone in here are gonna slam us for that cause it's not our business. (fuck them,dear)

Only yesterday I talked over the phone with one of Freddie's friend and he said:"John wants to have nothing in common with Queen at all!".

But in 1991 the point was slighly different, i guess.Probably John did not pay a visit at Logan during those last days because it was too painful for him.Apparently he stayed away from his dying.But I can imagine what a nightmare for John it was.I think for the same reason he keeps his mind away from what's going on with ""Queen"" now.
No wonder for me as I got sick myself thinkig about any ridicolous tour that Mr Bossy Brian is planning.
When did J&F meet for the last time I have no idea but now it must be some kind of magic in John's head when he recalls that.

Now you can eat me you baggers!!!

Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 04, 04:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lara wrote:

Nice to meet you too!

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
Melancholy Blues user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 205 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 04, 08:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

john's father died when he was quite young and he said that it had an enormous effect on him, so seeing freddie, who is said to have been a bit like a protective older brother slowly fade would have most likely been unbearable. he probably wanted to remember him the way he was before he got sick and not as the frail man he had become.

I want to break free from your lies you're so self satisfied I don't need you
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 04, 08:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Philipp Nothaft wrote:

For a man who's hardly spoken a word in public for a decade there seems to be a huge lot of people who seem to know his exact motivations behind all things he ever did, or maybe one should say: Did not.
This is really intriguing.

Good point!!!

Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 04, 08:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"John wants to have nothing in common with Queen at all"

Except for money :-) Income from the new "Queen" activities is not bad, is it? :-)

Posted: 14 Dec 04, 09:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Philipp Nothaft wrote:

For a man who's hardly spoken a word in public for a decade there seems to be a huge lot of people who seem to know his exact motivations behind all things he ever did, or maybe one should say: Did not.
This is really intriguing.

Agree...

Posted: 14 Dec 04, 10:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lara wrote:

Good question runner, although everyone in here are gonna slam us for that cause it's not our business. (fuck them,dear)

Only yesterday I talked over the phone with one of Freddie's friend and he said:"John wants to have nothing in common with Queen at all!".

But in 1991 the point was slighly different, i guess.Probably John did not pay a visit at Logan during those last days because it was too painful for him.Apparently he stayed away from his dying.But I can imagine what a nightmare for John it was.I think for the same reason he keeps his mind away from what's going on with ""Queen"" now.
No wonder for me as I got sick myself thinkig about any ridicolous tour that Mr Bossy Brian is planning.
When did J&F meet for the last time I have no idea but now it must be some kind of magic in John's head when he recalls that.

That's why John played on Made In Heaven, No-One But You and went to Paris to play with Brian and Roger and Elton on Bejart's ballet premiere? And how about his letters to QFC - if he doesn't want to have something common with Queen at all?

Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 04, 02:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"And how about his letters to QFC - if he doesn't want to have something common with Queen at all?"

Wasn't his last letter to QFC in 1999 or so? (I'm not a member so I'm not sure).

Lara user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 43 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 04, 05:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It was just a quotation of what I was told the day before ... :( (I'm tired of this..)

And yeah, you're right,folks!I How could I be so blind not to notice John's recently constance presence in public/show-biz life... I think it's become even more frequent ever since The WWRY musical was launched. :(

...1995, 1997, 1999... great score... ;(

enjoy yourself.

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6328 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 04, 05:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Anyway, I think John`s and Freddie`s goodbye, if there was any, belong to their privacy, and it`s utterly indignant to start making speculations about that (or other personal stuff like "Fred loved Mary?", "why did Brian break up with Chrissy?", etc), let alone about their motivations or the way they think.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 04, 05:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When exactly was Johns last letter for the FC?? And what did it say? I aint been a member since 96!

Chom own mudder fukker.

Posted: 15 Dec 04, 09:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian_Mays_Wig wrote:

When exactly was Johns last letter for the FC?? And what did it say? I aint been a member since 96!

I ain't since 2000 - and at 1999 there was letter from John - well, about nothing. And some at 1998 (even about the musical's plans!). About later - I don't know.

Posted: 15 Dec 04, 09:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lara wrote:

It was just a quotation of what I was told the day before ... :( (I'm tired of this..)

And yeah, you're right,folks!I How could I be so blind not to notice John's recently constance presence in public/show-biz life... I think it's become even more frequent ever since The WWRY musical was launched. :(

...1995, 1997, 1999... great score... ;(

enjoy yourself.

I just show you that John has something with Queen after Freddie's death! He could went to Hawaii and forget about Queen at 25th November 1991, but he didn't.

And I don't know who is Freddie's friend you talked with and I don't know how Freddie's friends knows what thinks John!

jeff payne 1680 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 711 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 04, 15:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is this the same John who was hardly around for Innuendo recordings, kept going to the south of France which put the album back to after christmas 1991, not turning up for the final recordings when he said he would, didn't really want to do the tribute gig, claims to be a family man but is caught with a stripper!!! and no he only recieves royalties for his work i.e break free AOBTD, anything now i.e musical, tour unless he's involved the most he'll get is an invite

jeffpayne56@msn.com

Posted: 15 Dec 04, 15:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jeff payne wrote:

Is this the same John who was hardly around for Innuendo recordings, kept going to the south of France which put the album back to after christmas 1991, not turning up for the final recordings when he said he would, didn't really want to do the tribute gig, claims to be a family man but is caught with a stripper!!! and no he only recieves royalties for his work i.e break free AOBTD, anything now i.e musical, tour unless he's involved the most he'll get is an invite

Well, jeff: who knows about the rest of the band? Maybe Roger or Fred was kept going to Bali and that's why The Works wasn't release at Xmas 1984? Who knows...

Besides, John is the only one member of the band who plays on solo album of all Queen members - he played on Strange Frontier, Barcelona, Back To The Light, so I don't think we can blame him...

electric.fire 13630 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 6 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 04, 19:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Having no claim to have intimate knowledge of anything related to any of the band members personal lives and nopt wanting to have either I add this comment - I met Brian by chance in London some months ago [ ok at the rear door of the Dominion] and on askinh him about John he said "We dont see or hear much from John these days" However, at this years Convention in Wales there was a signed pic of John in the auction and it was dated 2004 so I would tend to suggest that he is still slightly interested but may not want to be part of a memory that can never be what it was before.

Why dont we all stop snooping and surmising on peoples private lives.

Thats all folks!!!!!

bassist08 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 332 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 04, 19:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, this is quite interesting indeed. I've heard this somewhere before however, I cannot remember where.
I also agree that it's very unfortunate not to hear from John these days. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't be here. He inspired me to play bass myself and has been a great ispiration in other aspects of my life as well. I'd love to contact him. But then again I'm sure Satan wants a snowday too.

"The most important thing, darling, is to live a fabulous life. As long as it's fabulous, I don't care how long it is." -FM

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6328 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 04, 23:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In fact Brian had commented John & Roger started the Made In Heaven project without him (Brian). Perhaps John didn`t write or play as much as in other albums but it doesn`t mean he didn`t work. Note also his amazing performance in Innuendo, including cracking basslines like the one in Slightly Mad.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.