Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > John Deacon is the only SMART one involved in this ....

forum rss feed
Author

Deacons 1st Choice user not visiting Queenzone.com
Deacons 1st Choice
Bohemian: 603 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Dec 04, 22:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yep, John i feel is the smartest chap of all by remaining OUT of this "Tour" thingy....he would never agree to come back under these circumstances and i say bless him.

I needed to voice my pent up emotions involving the recent breaking news regarding the "Phoenix Band" (aka Paul+ Queen). I SHOULD be peeing my pants with excitement at the news...but for some reason my excitement is stifled. I'm glad that Bri and Roge feel stronge enough to take on this major undertaking, but my fear is that this will be lame like most so-called "Queen" related things have been lately. Don't mean to come across as a downer, but i can't really get overly excited just yet.

In my mind, this Tour is not Queen, but as good as we can get so i should be happy with what we DO have. I am as i know Roger and Bri will give us one HELL of a show, but a part of me wishes they would sit this one out. It's a paradox i know...(sigh) Now you can see why i felt a need to vent!

John was so right in "leaving" when he did...the man could see with foresight into the future. I hope as i'm sure he does that "Queen" does'nt fade off into the god-awful Hell that is the never-ending "nostalgia show" bands.

To quote a line form a related film....

"It's better to BURN OUT (in 1991) then to FADE AWAY (current "Queen" in some respects).

Your views?

Mack2008 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mack2008
Bohemian: 111 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 04, 22:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I kinda see where you're coming from - I have a lot of similar mixed feelings.

From reading "Bri's" regular postings on his website I get the feeling that he misses being in the limelight and I get the feeling this tour is a last ditch attempt at grasping at the past.

Lets hope they are at least smart in picking the right sized venues!

LadyMoonshineDown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 894 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 04, 22:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I understand where you are coming from, I really do. It seems as if going on tour will only dig a deep hole for the remaining Queen members. And the fact that John and Freddie won't be in it will leave it in a staggering sway. Then again....

We cannot forsee the future. We don't know what kind of show this tour will bring, and what kind of outcome will result in the end. It could be a great thing, and for Queen lovers all over, I'm sure it would be much more than great; it would be simply wonderful.

So I guess I am in a neutral position. I understand and somewhat feel for what you say, but I am also just letting it come as it may. Who knows? It could be the rebirth for Queen, and it could be a wide hole for them to jump in and only go deeper. We'll see how it goes....
Cheers

"Today I saw an American flag flying at full mast and I was reassured--I knew someone....somewhere....was alive."
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6327 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 04, 22:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes John is very smart: he lives without working now. That`s everybody`s dream :)

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 04, 23:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

actually we don't know for sure if john is not going to tour, but we shall see.

The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 04, 02:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Exactly, every body says isn't gonna be involved, but according to some sources there's still a little chance.

But I'm glad that for the first time in my life I've the chance to see a "Queen" concert. I love Bri and Roger’s decision.

I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
The Mir@cle

Posted: 16 Dec 04, 03:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wasn't John working at a DVD-A last year??? I thought I've read something about John visit the studio for some re-released material.

Melancholy Blues user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 205 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 04, 03:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i agree, i'm not that exited about the tour either. i think it would be better if they just let things be, queen was freddie, john, brian and roger. i have no problem with roger and brian wanting to tour, but it shouldn't be under the name of queen.

i think john is smart to have retired when he did, lets face the stuff "queen" has done without him is nothing to write home about, the duets with five and robbie williams were awful.

I want to break free from your lies you're so self satisfied I don't need you
Roy ® user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 597 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 04, 04:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Mir@cle wrote:

Wasn't John working at a DVD-A last year??? I thought I've read something about John visit the studio for some re-released material.

Yes i read something like that. That he was doing some work at "his" songs for de DVD audio release. I thougth if was AOBTD

The Mir@cle

Posted: 16 Dec 04, 05:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That means that Deacy is still involved in some way, and still is in touch with Bri and Rog. Wouldn't it be fantastic if he suddenly appears at one of their concerts?

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 04, 08:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What pissess me off are ppl saying what john thinks without him giving any interviews whatsoever. How the f**k do you know guys what are his motives and what is he really planning...? Who knows- maybe actually he would like to go on this tour but his wife didn't let him...? :P

Lawyeris user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 9082 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 04, 09:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fenderek wrote:

Who knows- maybe actually he would like to go on this tour but his wife didn't let him...? :P

Yeah, after strip bar thing, it might happen so:)

Lithuania
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 04, 12:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

he's smart-ish
but if they go on tour and only perform Freddie/Brian?roger/paul songs then John doesn't make one red cent

then how smart is he?

go deo na hÉireann
The Mir@cle

Posted: 16 Dec 04, 13:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"In that way the last great tour we remember is probably Live at Wembley 86 - with Freddie"

Live at Wembley was just a part of a tour my dear...

Banquo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Banquo
Deity: 2636 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 04, 14:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!

Wake me up when its all over.

Guess who's back?
Want To Live Forever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 172 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 04, 15:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Our beloved John Deacon is sadly NOT going on tour with our beloved ones BM RT + Paul Rodgers

F**k anybody who says PR is replacing Freddie.

Interview?... oh, don't be ridiculous!
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 04, 17:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i think you've missed the point...HE'S not fekkin well replacing Freddie OKAY? the move to Paul Rogers will undoubtedly take the music in the direction of the pre-queen SMILE days

go deo na hÉireann
Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 04, 17:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Too much bawling fans on the name Queen. And too much time comparing the original line-up with things like 5ive and Robbie recordings. The only thing they've done properly under the Queen name are the 46664 songs and No-One But You. Not bad, but not great. Except NOBY, as that's actually really cool.

But since that's all there really is, why say it's crap from here on? Let's wait and see and then decide. And I still put forth the notion that the Queen line-up change is NOT going to tamper with the past image of Queen. Anyone who thinks that is either a stepford or really hung-up on the most insignificant and unimportant of things.

Peace,
Adam.

EDIT: Brian said PR is NOT replacing Freddie. Guess who did say PR is replacing Freddie... NME!

the oppositionist user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 882 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 04, 17:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I for one think queen are my favourite band, so if this tour was never to happen, i would never get to see them live and that would be a pity. Ive been dying for this moment for years now, so for me
1) sure, respect to john for doing what he did when he did
2) im still pleased the tour is happening. i think its going to be absolutely huge!!!

melinadeacon@queenzone.com
FreDRicca_MeRcUrY user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 307 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 04, 18:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If i'm correct queen is FREDDIE, BRIAN, ROGER and JOHN given Freddie is no longer with us it can't techically be queen without John so...

"I'm a wild flower. Somtimes looking quite wonderful in a collection of arrangement but also beautiful when standing alone.