Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > The new super group!!!

forum rss feed
Author

forever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 157 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Dec 04, 05:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The fact that Queen have played with singers such as Will Young, Robbie Williams, George Michael etc, didn't bother me and was quite nice for the guys to keep on playing. But as to a new tour with the band being dubbed as the new super group with Paul Rogers REPLACING Freddie Mercury just pisses me off. If the were to use the name Queen + or any other name then fine, but for him to join the band and replace Freddie is quite sickening. It's soon going to be Freddie Mercury Queen's FIRST frontman instead of just frontman, and there is going to be neverending comparisons between the two. Also since there will proberly be new material comming out, there is very little hope of new live DVD's and unrealesd songs. I am gutted and angry, does any one else feel like this or do you like the idea?

Just one year of love, is better than a life time alone!
The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts

Posted: 17 Dec 04, 05:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For the tenth time: They gonna tour under the banner Queen + Paul Rodgers, he's not joining the group. Just read the other topics. As Linda always says, use the Reply button instead of the Post New Topic button.

I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts

Posted: 17 Dec 04, 12:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

again, i agree with above, paul is not a member in queen, he is working with them, same way elton john, george michael, even bowie did. no one will ever be better than fred, that's what i think some people are afraid of, that this guy is gonna come in and be MR. Queen, trust me they will put on some good shows, hopefully some new music, but there can only be one fred.

andymezza_uk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 10 posts

Posted: 17 Dec 04, 17:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm afraid you aren't strictly correct there dust biter. Paul Rodgers is no Freddie wannabe, he is a class act in his own right and I feel a lot of people on here are either ignorant of his talents or just want to dislike him because they feel that he is trying to replace Freddie. Freddie was the ultimate showman and can never be replaced but life must go on for Brian and Roger and I for one am pleased that they are finally getting together (not as Queen) with someone of Pauls talents. Paul hasn't got the nickname "the voice" for nothing. I've seen both Queen and Bad Company live and I can't wait to see some good old fashioned rock and roll.

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 18 Dec 04, 09:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rodgers woz there BEFORE Queen had done anything professional dude, stop that nonsense about him being a Freddie wannabe! *rolls eyes* U people should really think before u post these stupid threads.

Killed by drones.
Want To Live Forever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 172 posts

Posted: 18 Dec 04, 17:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

read yahoo news at queenzone news, it says " PR replaces FM!

F**k them all!

Interview?... oh, don't be ridiculous!