Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Queen is dead, long lives Queen

forum rss feed
Author

jetweb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 3 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Dec 04, 03:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dear Folks, Queen without Freddie and John is no longer 'Queen'. If Roger and Brian realy want to go on tour, they should rename it 'Queen +' like on GH III. It would be the same, if Robert Plant and Jimmy Page go on tour under the name 'Led Zeppelin'withour Bonham and Jones.

It's ok for Roger and Brian to go on tour again. But they should realy not tour under the original name QUEEN. There must be a cut between QUEEN and the 'new moneymaking QUEEN'.


Another Roger (re) user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 442 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Dec 04, 05:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sod off Jetweb. I have heard this too many times now. Like a record with a scratch. Its enough. The tour is going ahead no matter what your opinion are. And thank god for that.


Basically blind em and deaf em in the first 10 minutes, and while they are recovering from that put in the less good songs
vipor231 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 4 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Dec 04, 07:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

im gonna try and get a ticket to see them if they come over here to boston....the tickets can't be that much.... but would be a great night out to see brian may wail on that guitar...

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Dec 04, 12:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think you should form your own band. That way you can decide what name you want to use


"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."



(Genesis 1:1)
s.m. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 291 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Dec 04, 10:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Another Roger (re) wrote:

Sod off Jetweb. I have heard this too many times now. Like a record with a scratch. Its enough. The tour is going ahead no matter what your opinion are. And thank god for that.


i don´t think that is enough

roger and brian are more desperate than i tought
i just can´t wait to see how will they preforsm boehmian rhapsody, or somebody to love, or in the lap of the gods and who is going to sing those songs
and of course who will want to listen that, if he has earls court, milton keynes, or budapest
i will take old vhs of those, instead of this tour anytime

i guess they can make a tour with 2 songs
we will rock you, and we are the championes + allright now as encore
so sad.............


She was my lover

It was a shame that she died

But the constitution´s right on my side

Cos I cought my lover in my neighbours bed

I got retribution, filled´em full of lead
Another Roger (re) user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 442 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Dec 04, 13:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How they are gonna perform those songs? I guess Rodgers will sing them.

BTW, Freddie wasnt a very reliable singer live. He did some CRAP performances. He did nothing to look after his voice. Rock in Rio springs to mind. That was absolutely abysmal.

Of course I miss Freddie Mercury, but I Brian and Roger allowed to do whatever they want. So **** off.


Basically blind em and deaf em in the first 10 minutes, and while they are recovering from that put in the less good songs
s.m. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 291 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Dec 04, 13:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Another Roger (re) wrote:

How they are gonna perform those songs? I guess Rodgers will sing them.

BTW, Freddie wasnt a very reliable singer live. He did some CRAP performances. He did nothing to look after his voice. Rock in Rio springs to mind. That was absolutely abysmal.

Of course I miss Freddie Mercury, but I Brian and Roger allowed to do whatever they want. So **** off.


enjoy the show
i will remeber you while i watch my earls court video, or listen to buenos aires concert

altough i agree that rio was bad, but you can´t expect every show to be best of the best

shame that brian and roger can do what they want, because it sucks what they are doing right now
for their own ambition, or middle age crisis, or nostalgia, or cobination of all, they are going on a tour without the key member
just brilliant
yes, that is going to be great tour :p




She was my lover

It was a shame that she died

But the constitution´s right on my side

Cos I cought my lover in my neighbours bed

I got retribution, filled´em full of lead
Another Roger (re) user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 442 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Dec 04, 13:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Do you know what music is? Its something people listen to to feel good. About the Queen name. Oh my god. Dont we have more important things to worry about than that? Music is not important at all. This just prooves how little we have to worry about compared to pepole that dont have food, dont have a place to live and do not have a future. Get perspective of things. It tend to work.

"enjoy the show
i will remeber you while i watch my earls court video, or listen to buenos aires concert"

While you enjoy a crappy bootleg of Earls Court (which I have myself) I will be in a big crowd somwhere in Europe hearing the great sound of Brian May and Roger Taylor thru powerfull speakers. Alive and kicking.

I am glad i dont live in the past. have a nice nostaligiatrip back to the 70s, thats where your head are.


Basically blind em and deaf em in the first 10 minutes, and while they are recovering from that put in the less good songs
s.m. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 291 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Dec 04, 15:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Another Roger (re) wrote:

Do you know what music is? Its something people listen to to feel good. About the Queen name. Oh my god. Dont we have more important things to worry about than that? Music is not important at all. This just prooves how little we have to worry about compared to pepole that dont have food, dont have a place to live and do not have a future. Get perspective of things. It tend to work.


people who don´t have food?
i have perspective, because i live in that kind of place, different to you
maybe you should get some perspective on judging other without any foundation

Another Roger (re) wrote:


While you enjoy a crappy bootleg of Earls Court (which I have myself) I will be in a big crowd somwhere in Europe hearing the great sound of Brian May and Roger Taylor thru powerfull speakers. Alive and kicking.


actually it´s a very good quality video
you should get a better copy of it

Another Roger (re) wrote:


I am glad i dont live in the past. have a nice nostaligiatrip back to the 70s, thats where your head are.


i will stop in the 80s also, than you very much
and i will enjoy every second of it


She was my lover

It was a shame that she died

But the constitution´s right on my side

Cos I cought my lover in my neighbours bed

I got retribution, filled´em full of lead
rockerchick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 9 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Dec 04, 17:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I feel that with out freddie,( the founder of the name QUEEN!!!!) and john deacon then it is not Queen. I mean Paul is a o.k singer but, he is no queen! The only Queens are: Freddie Mercury, John Deacon, Roger Taylor, And Brian May!! And that's the only way it is gonna be. Says who? Says me and the history books!!!


Hey is this to harsh? Brigitte Bulsara?!
Another Roger (re) user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 442 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Dec 04, 18:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"people who don´t have food?
i have perspective, because i live in that kind of place, different to you
maybe you should get some perspective on judging other without any foundation."

Then I think you should know better! The socalled problem with the Queen tour is hardly a problem. Let them enjoy themselves, and let those fans who want to enjoy themselves.


"actually it´s a very good quality video
you should get a better copy of it."

I have the best one available. Still its crap compared to officially released dvds.



i will stop in the 80s also, than you very much
and i will enjoy every second of it


Yeah, keep enjoying it. But you should open your mind a bit and be open for new ideas. Its healthy. Obsession is a bad thing. Its as if Queen is religion for some people.

And one last thing. I wish you all well mate. But dont keep repeating this. It leads to no good.


Basically blind em and deaf em in the first 10 minutes, and while they are recovering from that put in the less good songs
s.m. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 291 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Dec 04, 18:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Another Roger (re) wrote:



Then I think you should know better! The socalled problem with the Queen tour is hardly a problem. Let them enjoy themselves, and let those fans who want to enjoy themselves.


i don´t see it as a problem
does it iritate me, yes
do i think that is the biggest problem in the world, no
subjet is queen and i am adressing it
i fear what wil this do to name queen, and by that i don´t mean the name itself, but the legacy
i think there is a different way to save and promote it
brian and roger can do what they want, but imho they are doing it the wrong way

Another Roger (re) wrote:


I have the best one available. Still its crap compared to officially released dvds.


yes
but comperad to not having it at all, it´s the greatest video i have ever seen in my life, and it means mor to me than the wembley

why roger and brian didnt´t relase that dvd
they have time, they want to promote queen
promote it
earls court is imho top 3 of their concert´s ( i´m talking about those that i heard or saw )

Another Roger (re) wrote:


Yeah, keep enjoying it. But you should open your mind a bit and be open for new ideas. Its healthy. Obsession is a bad thing. Its as if Queen is religion for some people.

And one last thing. I wish you all well mate. But dont keep repeating this. It leads to no good.


i have open mind, and i don´think queen is religion
i just enjoy it, and i want it all, and if possible, i want it now :)

mate?
i tought you are from norway :)

merry christmas and i wish us lot of snow

this is eod from my part


She was my lover

It was a shame that she died

But the constitution´s right on my side

Cos I cought my lover in my neighbours bed

I got retribution, filled´em full of lead
IloveRT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 12 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Dec 04, 17:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Same bloody topic as on the other part of this forum. Queen will LIVE FOR EVER!

ryancoke user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 202 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Dec 04, 18:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jetweb wrote:

Dear Folks, Queen without Freddie and John is no longer 'Queen'. If Roger and Brian realy want to go on tour, they should rename it 'Queen +' like on GH III. It would be the same, if Robert Plant and Jimmy Page go on tour under the name 'Led Zeppelin'withour Bonham and Jones.

It's ok for Roger and Brian to go on tour again. But they should realy not tour under the original name QUEEN. There must be a cut between QUEEN and the 'new moneymaking QUEEN'.


Aw Jesus tapdancin' Christ, are we really gonna get into this again?


Give us the right key, f#@! sakes...
KingMercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 345 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Dec 04, 20:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i`m already tired of this kind of topics
these things has been already discussed, i think we have given our opinion about it, so, let bri&rog use the name they want to use.
I`m not agree with the name Queen, but they`ve formed the band 35 years ago, so they can do what they want
I think it would be more "queen" with John, but they have decided to tour, John want to keep on resting, so, lets leave the guys alone


"I`m Just A Singer With A Song...How Can I Try to Right The Wrong"
Argentinian Queen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 3 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Dec 04, 15:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree with you, darling. But I don't think they should call themselves QUEEN + ... Queen was an excelent band with four wonderful musicians, therefore Brian and Roger aren't QUEEN anymore because they are only two of them.
And people, please, respect the others opinions ...don't be so narrow-minded!!!

bellydancer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 246 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Dec 04, 22:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree with you Argentinian Queen. Queen WAS Freddie Mecury, Brian May, Roger Taylor and John Deacon (actually that was on the back of the Greatest Flix II video). If Brian and Roger want to keep on the road hey all glory to them if they can do it and do it well BUT they are NOT Queen anymmore. Hey I'd be happy if they named themselves Queen Part II or something like that but its not right that they keep trying to flog the Queen name when ALL four band members earned it


"Everybody knows that rock attained perfection in 1974-its a scientific fact" Homer Simpson
Hankster user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 469 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Dec 04, 02:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well .. please no topics about "may the call themselves QUeen?", "Freddie is dead and so is Queen", and "why Paul Rodgers?" :p .. just vote here; http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/dmpolls/index.html?in_poll_id=13223&in_page_id=711
:)

Daniel Duret user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 31 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Dec 04, 10:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They can call themselves whatever the hell they want to call themselves. The Beatles have changed members, the Stones have changed members, Black Sabbath have changed members... I mean.. for me it's just about good music, and if i want to hear Freddie sing, I'll put on a 7" or something. I guess Brian and Roger thought there must be more to Queen than this.