Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > interesting things revealed about queen fans

forum rss feed
Author

AllDeadAllDead user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 56 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Dec 04, 19:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hello. i'm a member of a few band forums, recently posting here. however, i've "lurked" for some time. I say this with all honesty and without any ill-intent, but queen fans, taken as a whole, are the most immature, mean-spirited, ignorant, and crabby bunch of music fans out there. i'll continue to lurk, i'll continue to leave my torrents open for many many days in the spirit of sharing the love, but i'm only going to laugh at the squabbling from now on. grow up. am i to belive everybody posting here is 11 years old? it's a damn shame, such a fine band, and i'm sure most fans are great, too bad that doesnt come across very well on the "internets"
i can't wait for the response.....

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 04, 20:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

your right, your all dead, all dead

John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 04, 20:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's pretty rich coming from a stalker!

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
andymezza_uk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 10 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 04, 20:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Couldn't agree with you more, I have been a Queen fan for abot 25 years and can't believe the ill feelings and bitterness towards this new venture. Like I've said before though the people that are whinging now will probably still turn up at the concerts. I really can't believe the neck of the people that are saying that Brian and Roger should be doing this and that when surely its up to themwhat they do!

karen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 131 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 04, 20:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, it seems to be true. I came here to get some discussion on my fav group (and have had some interesting ones don't get me wrong), but people do like to come here & whinge. I guess they enjoy it but, geez, you can have a discussion about the best band in the land without getting nasty & personal...

"We're going to be together until we f***** well die!!"
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 04, 20:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They're called opinions. Some are more vociferous with theirs than others, and some believe their opinions are right without so angrily forcing it down other peoples' throats.

We could all benefit greatly from humility, especially several people who already posted in this thread.

Monte: Liquorice Years user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 674 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 04, 22:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow! You really don't know me/the majority of people here!

Like you said yourself... we may be nice, but it doesn't come across on the internet. Obviously, it doesn't.

I might be (and I'm talking about myself, not others here) all those things you mentioned plus a few more (bitch and tart straight from my head) but you do not have the right to judge me, or anyone else here because you don't know us personally. Heaps of people who i don't know very well, call me a bitch...to my face. My friends see that as humour! people see me as a slut... my friends see me as outgoing. So unless you know any of us personally, don't you dare try to make us seem like bad people... because we're not...and stop stalking us. You call it lurking, we (well, i do) call it assult

thats my 2cents anyway

Cheer up emo kid!

Posted: 20 Dec 04, 22:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

first of all, its 'lurker', not 'stalker' ;)

second of all, i don't think i was attempting to be 'jesus' with the post. im not judging individuals, i merely said that the community as a whole comes across a certain way, in this forum, especialy recently. i don't know any of you, and i'm sure you are all great. this is just my observation-- lot's of negativity, grumpiness, smart ass-ness. there is more love on the beach boys forum, do you wan't those american pansies to get the better of you!!? ;)

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 04, 23:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AllDeadAllDead wrote:

there is more love on the beach boys forum, do you wan't those american pansies to get the better of you!!? ;)

They already have.

I agree with you, most of the stuff on this forum is crap, and most posters are under the age of 16. Surely this shouldn't speak for Queen fans as a whole. Most older people have these things called "lives", and don't have time to post 50 times a week like the youngens do.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
ryancoke user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 202 posts

Posted: 21 Dec 04, 03:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think Roger said it best when he said:

"If you don't like us, well...fuck you!"

Give us the right key, f#@! sakes...
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 21 Dec 04, 09:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nothing beats generalisation and overall judging and condemning a whole community. That makes you look like you are such a better person, doesn't it? Of course you are mature and not grumpy, you are the perfect fan this wonderful band deserves.

Too bad that you don't bother to be that wonderful example you claim to be. You keep your torrent window open - well that's very nice of you. Many here do that all the time without starting a thread about how much better they are than the rest of the members here. Sorry, but I don't respect you, you are just one of these self important show offs who post their personal rants in the Queen section to get more attention .

I do not want any google ads here.

moonie user not visiting Queenzone.com
moonie
Bohemian: 389 posts

Posted: 21 Dec 04, 11:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amen to that.

Posted: 21 Dec 04, 11:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

exactly.

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 21 Dec 04, 12:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:

Sorry, but I don't respect you, you are just one of these self important show offs who post their personal rants in the Queen section to get more attention.

Agree... Too many personal things in Queen section...

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 21 Dec 04, 15:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You're right, we are a bunch of nerds, geeks & retards...

HOWEVER....

You should also have noticed that plenty of us are already aware of this fact.

And I visit other boards too, and they all have equal afflictions. Care to point to one that doesn't?

boy of destiny user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 214 posts

Posted: 21 Dec 04, 16:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've got to agree with you All Dead. I'm a member of few other sites (sports, music) and on there every fan is treated as an equal. There seems to be an exclusive attitude here that screams, "I'm a bigger fan than you."

Posted: 21 Dec 04, 16:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

it keeps getting better.

Oberon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 499 posts

Posted: 22 Dec 04, 04:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MarchOfTheDirtQueen wrote:

it keeps getting better.

Okay, let me spell it out plainly for you since you don't seem to understand the idea of sarcasm: I AG-REE WITH YOOOOOUUUUUU. My original post was helping to prove your point.

Well, I didn't "see" the sarcasm in your first post on this topic. It didn't come through to me at all. no smiley to give an indication. The printed word is open to the interpretation of the reader, and the internet is the worst culprit for misinterpretation because it's so instant. The writer doesn't really need to "think" about what they write, 'cause there's no "cost" associated with the words being wrong or misinterpreted as the internet is so anonymous. This is why smileys came about; to give the reader a hint of the way to interpret the text. That's my impartial view anyway!!!

Tatterdemalion and the junketer

There's a thief and a dragonfly trumpeter
trustno1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 98 posts

Posted: 22 Dec 04, 04:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

karen wrote:

Yes, it seems to be true. I came here to get some discussion on my fav group (and have had some interesting ones don't get me wrong), but people do like to come here & whinge. I guess they enjoy it but, geez, you can have a discussion about the best band in the land without getting nasty & personal...

Maybe it's because, as true Queen fans, we hate to see the band re-releasing material (Queen Rocks, GHIII), reforming with some wierd-looking blues singer (ok, Freddie was pretty ugly too), staging that bloody musical...

Did anyone moan about the Milton Keynes DVD? The GVH DVDs? Not many, I'd wager. Most probably consider them worthy, satisfying releases. Anyone on here moan about how awful and bland A Night at the Opera is? Nope - but they do about Hot Space, for a goddam reason!

We only moan when there's a reason. So stop moaning about us moaning.

bellydancer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 246 posts

Posted: 22 Dec 04, 05:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Speaking as a "mature" fan, I can honestly say I have seen some awful drivel on other Queen sites. However, I also agree with some others that its unfortunate how the integrity of Queen's music has been corrupted by artists who simply don't have the talent. Yes yes, Brian and Roger absolutely have the right to do whatever the hell they want with their music - but for someone like myself who literally grew up with Queen I am somewhat saddened when their brilliant music is ruined - perfect example - the infamous Pepsi ad

"Everybody knows that rock attained perfection in 1974-its a scientific fact" Homer Simpson