Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > America is not perfect, but england is worse

forum rss feed
Author

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Dec 04, 14:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

as far as music goes america is not perfect, we make spears and timberlake stars, kurt cobain is considered a musical prodigy, but he's no better than average, and yes, they don't give queen enough credit, but considering all the complaining from americans, queen are still considered one of the best of all time in america, only behind bands like the who, zep, the doors, the stones, only slightly behind those greats, meanwhile in England queen are considered gods, so we americans think they really know their music over there, which is simply not true, england might have gotten the queen thing right but are much worse in every other way. the rock and roll hall is a example of this, like roger taylor said, "where the fuck are the who" you don't here much about led zep or the who, but they make robbie stinkin williams to be better than elvis when he's not even as good as justin. i think america knows their music better than we think.

Flashman user not visiting Queenzone.com
Flashman
Deity: 4523 posts

Posted: 22 Dec 04, 14:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Then can you kindly explain the fucking Osmonds to me?

FLASHMAN STRIKES AGAIN!

Paul Rodgers is not the best thing since fried Fred.

Posted: 22 Dec 04, 14:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

what about em? we still put the greats where they belong, England are lost to real music, where fuck are the doors, or the who, led zep, but robbie stinkin williams is considered better than the who? are you kidding me?

Queenleaf user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1381 posts

Posted: 22 Dec 04, 14:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, England may not be perfect but they have some damn good bands. America is so worse.

Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands and all you can do is scratch it.

-Sir Thomas Beecham to a lady cellist
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 22 Dec 04, 14:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

American heroes changes more faster than English ones...

Actually I can't understand the reason of discussing about USA, Taiwan or Nigeria or any other countries - what's the matter?

They don't like Queen? It's up to them - I don't like their Sinatra, so what? Does it makes me the worst man in the universe?

LadyMoonshineDown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 894 posts

Posted: 22 Dec 04, 16:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fuck both countries.
America can kiss my ass, and England can lick it. There you go.
Cheers

"Today I saw an American flag flying at full mast and I was reassured--I knew someone....somewhere....was alive."

Posted: 22 Dec 04, 17:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haha, that is good.
Where have you been dirtqueen? I have been terrorizing the board without ya! lol. John Deacon is a sexy beast, and I would prefer him any kind of way; short shorts or without. ;)
Cheers

p.s. And yea...NZ can sit back and watch. I don't blame ya.

"Today I saw an American flag flying at full mast and I was reassured--I knew someone....somewhere....was alive."
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 22 Dec 04, 18:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Until you learn to punctuate, your petty remarks will go unregarded by those of us who feel that we shouldn't have to translate for you...

Posted: 22 Dec 04, 19:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru
Deity: 5643 posts Posted: 12/22/2004 6:32:50 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Until you learn to punctuate, your petty remarks will go unregarded by those of us who feel that we shouldn't have to translate for you...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.hungersite.com

Um....I believe I did punctuate. Are you referring to moi?
Cheers

Bob The Shrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bob The Shrek
Deity: 4014 posts

Posted: 22 Dec 04, 20:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The UK Rock Hall voted for one artist from each decade 50's-90's, that's why the likes of Robbie Williams were voted in.

'Fuck both countries.
America can kiss my ass, and England can lick it. There you go.
Cheers'

I'd rather lick a cows ass, it's more pleasing to the eye.

Cleveland May 24 to June 4th 2007 - I came, I saw, I fucked off home again.
Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 22 Dec 04, 21:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The UK Hall Of Fame thing was a joke, let's face it. They had people vote them in like it was a Pop Idol show, so it was down to those at the other end of the phoneline. Sorry, but that's not a good way of going about it in my book.

All I'm saying is, don't judge the UK by that programme. There are a great deal of bands that make the rounds and are well respected. But unless you read about or see them on tv, HERE in the UK, it won't be seen across the pond. That way, you have to look for 'em! Later with Jools Holland, anyone?

Peace,
Adam.

Posted: 22 Dec 04, 22:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ugh.....
This will be the neverending discussion over "which country has better recognition..." and blah blah blah if you ask me.
Personally, I am fed up with the American music critics who praise overrated bands and give hardly any credit to those, such as Queen (duh!). I am not angry, but just annoyed at the fact that Rolling Stone tells all the American people who the "35 most influential artists" are.
As for England, I could care less to be honest. I won't slander them for anything. And if you couldn't tell by my first post where I said "fuck both countries", I was joking. I wasn't trying to take sides, but from this post, you can obviously determine what side I have taken, and it isn't nessicarily Mike Hunt's. Oh well, take that seriously if you will all you Brits.....I wasn't serious. Woo.
Cheers

I'd rather lick a popsicle because they are yummy. Unless they are banana.

L-R-TIGER1994 user not visiting Queenzone.com
member of the Royal Family
L-R-TIGER1994
Deity: 3652 posts

Posted: 22 Dec 04, 22:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

England gave the world the biggest bands,America,mmmmmm,let me see,mmmmmmmmmm.....

Heap big woman you made an asshole outta me....gimme your bums and ride!!!!!!

Posted: 22 Dec 04, 22:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh yes....
All the bands America praises came straight out of England.

The Beatles
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
The Who
The Rolling Stones

Well, those are the major ones the US sees as music gods. I have always wondered as to why, besides Queen, the Kinks never got the full praise they deserve as a band. But oh well. Anyway, before I go off into tangent land, I would like to say that I agree. The influence on our culture came strictly from England. Woo. But America still sucks as far as critics go. ;)
Cheers

Posted: 22 Dec 04, 23:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

do you people read, i didn't say who are better musicians, i meant the fans, what people like, how underated queen are in the states is not a big deal, cos their still considered great, i'm talking about the fans taste, how people say the states don't have good taste in music, i turned it around and said englands taste in music is even worse, i don't know how you turned this into who have greater bands, they both have a great history in music.

Posted: 22 Dec 04, 23:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We know what you said Mike Hunt.
We just strayed, or should I say, I strayed off into that topic. Woo, lets hear it for not really caring! *claps*
Cheers

Posted: 22 Dec 04, 23:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ladymoonshinedown, if your talking about the media and the critics, england and america both suck in that department. If you look at the lousy music america listens to, and compare to the lousy music england listens to, it's close but england is to or worse than america, the uk, dance music is huge, you hear nothing of great bands like "the who" or "the doors".

Posted: 22 Dec 04, 23:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I understand.
But I just have this nagging annoyance when it comes to US critics. Maybe that is because our culture, pop culture I should say, is immersed within what critics deem as "worthy." Know what I mean?
Cheers

supernova190188 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 232 posts

Posted: 23 Dec 04, 06:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK, lets say england is removed from the world of music, we will have no robbie, but also NONE of the following great,english artists:
Queen
The Beatles
The Who
Led Zeppelin
David Bowie
Elton John
Pink Floyd
Deep Purple
Iron Maiden
The Doors
T-Rex
Partially Thin Lizzy
Slade
Status Quo
The Rolling Stones
Genesis
etc etc etc
Now you tell me , how good is the world of music going to be if not one of them existed

We love you Freddie, R.I.P
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6328 posts

Posted: 23 Dec 04, 08:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think it`s weird to judge either audiences by their charts. On paper, Las Ketchup Song (Asereje) was more succesful than any Queen song except for Bo Rhap, Under Pressure and Innuendo, because Asereje reached #1 in the UK (something that neither Champions nor Show Must Go On could). But I think, objectively, that both Champions and Show (and others like Killer Queen) are far better known in general and most likely they will be better known by next generations as well. So what does it matter a lame poll or some pointless charts?

In a similar way, Usher spent six more weeks in the US #1 this year just with that shitty song than Queen in 20 years of existence. Still, it doesn`t matter imo.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.