Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > john deacon - true queen or not?

forum rss feed
Author

fred_is_my_name user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Dec 04, 14:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hey guys - so john deacon was glad when freddie died that queen was all over, and i dont think hes doing the tour, and he also refuses to do any interviews and stuff.

queens music is supposed to - and will last forever... thats what freddie wanted, and im sure the others.

so how come jd is doing this? do you think its fair? give me your opinion! i personally disagree with him, he made music he should be proud of, they're a legend, so why just, in a way, let the music go?

bigc user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 353 posts

Posted: 30 Dec 04, 14:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

he's just lit the blue touch paper

oh dear:(

lottie88 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 136 posts

Posted: 30 Dec 04, 14:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John Deacon was happy when Freddie died!?! That is a horrible thing to say! I would really like to see his statement saying that, although it doesn't exist. Freddie never said that he wanted his music to exist forever either, he even called it "disposable." He wanted people to listen to it at the moment, enjoy it to the fullest, and move on. He never intended to be such a legend along with Queen. Of course John is a true member of Queen. It is unfortunate that he doesn't want to do the tour, but he seems to be a very personal man who wants to be with his family now. He dedicated a lot of time and effort just like the others did, but now he wants some time for himself, and there is nothing wrong with that. He obviously isn't 30 anymore, and should spend his golden years doing what he likes. He contributed to the group like the other three did, and the thought that he isn't a true member is completely ridiculous. I'll forgive you because you're a newbie, but you better read up a little more on Queen and realize how important he was for next time.

Mercuryworks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 757 posts

Posted: 30 Dec 04, 15:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hey guys - so john deacon was glad when freddie died that queen was all over

You dumb fuckin nimrod why would he be happy asshole. fuckin noobs

<blank>
John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts

Posted: 30 Dec 04, 15:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fred may be your name - but it certainly is not your mentality.

Apart from escaping from the likes of you, JD has retired because...

He was devistated at Freddie's death.
He wants to spend time with his family.
He wants to enjoy the remainder of his life free from care.

He has worked for it - and has a great company pension.

This leads me to my final two points. He has retired because he can - and I am so bloody jealous!

Now why not do us all a favour and either use the search button above - or better still - use Google?

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
LadyMoonshineDown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 894 posts

Posted: 30 Dec 04, 21:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John wasn't glad when Freddie died, I'm sure.

It was just that Freddie's death signified a turning point in the remaining member's careers. John decided that he was done touring and performing. He didn't want a solo career like Brian and Roger ventured off to, and I don't blame him. After twenty years, I'd want to spend time with my wife and kids.

John is a true Queen member for what he gave to the band in those twenty good years, and what he does now has no correlation to whether he is a true member or not. Leave Deaky alone, he's just trying to get the privacy he never really had before. Jeez.....
Cheers

"Today I saw an American flag flying at full mast and I was reassured--I knew someone....somewhere....was alive."
ryancoke user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 202 posts

Posted: 31 Dec 04, 00:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

fred_is_my_name wrote:

hey guys - so john deacon was glad when freddie died that queen was all over, and i dont think hes doing the tour, and he also refuses to do any interviews and stuff.

queens music is supposed to - and will last forever... thats what freddie wanted, and im sure the others.

so how come jd is doing this? do you think its fair? give me your opinion! i personally disagree with him, he made music he should be proud of, they're a legend, so why just, in a way, let the music go?

I don't think he was ecstatic when Freddie died, buddy. And I think Deacon, John is just set in his ways so who are we to judge him.

Give us the right key, f#@! sakes...

Posted: 31 Dec 04, 05:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

no guys of course i didnt mean that he was happy when fm died, but from the impression that i got, which is from the book by fm personal assistant, it says at the end that john deacon is glad its all over. and i mean like how can you be glad? queens music means something to me and loads of people... so glad ita all over? fine he should take a break and so on... but if the band doesnt help keep their own music alive then you know... i guess it will fade away, though i doubt it, i dunno!

and fm did want his music to change people, so shouldnt they and we all try to do this in memory?

badco1uk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 3 posts

Posted: 31 Dec 04, 06:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What a horrible thing to say about anyone!That they wished for the death of another.We all make our own choices in life and others shud respect that.Its called FREEWILL!!!!

bassist08 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 332 posts

Posted: 31 Dec 04, 13:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am quite sure that John was NOT happy when Freddie died. Quite the opposite in fact. John lost his father at a young age and I'm sure that being the youngest member of the group looked up to Freddie as a close friend and losing him was encredibly hard.
So unless you are John, please, keep these acusations to yourself.

"The most important thing, darling, is to live a fabulous life. As long as it's fabulous, I don't care how long it is." -FM

OrAnGe SoDa user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 335 posts

Posted: 31 Dec 04, 14:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mercuryworks wrote:

hey guys - so john deacon was glad when freddie died that queen was all over

You dumb fuckin nimrod why would he be happy asshole. fuckin noobs
u let it all out!

OrAnGe SoDa user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 335 posts

Posted: 31 Dec 04, 14:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wtf?if john wanted to retire...why the hell was he in Queen?!

KingMercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 345 posts

Posted: 31 Dec 04, 17:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i think it`s no fair to say what john have or not have to do
he is an intelligent person, so he know what he have to do.
if he dont want to tour, respect his will
i want he to tour with the band, but i`m just a simple fan

"I`m Just A Singer With A Song...How Can I Try to Right The Wrong"
Zander05 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Zander05
Bohemian: 860 posts

Posted: 31 Dec 04, 18:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He wanted a career in music and now he's done with it. Leave him alone. Let the man be with his family. I'm sure he's proud of his contributions to the band, as are we, but he's done with music. There's no contract saying he had to give up any possibility of a normal life.

Hildur Helga:) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 45 posts

Posted: 01 Jan 05, 08:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He is True Queen..rigth?!

bigc user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 353 posts

Posted: 01 Jan 05, 09:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

without John Deacon...THERE WOULD BE NO QUEEN

listen to your favourite track...imagine it without a bassline! thats what you get minus John

anyway. he did queen for 20 years... a gruelling schedule with all eyes on him and his life for the majority of it. He's been John Deacon, international rock star. perhaps now he just wants to be John Deacon, father of (how ever many children he has). and I respect him for that. He's done it to see the people that really matter to him,his family. could any of us begrudge that? we are just fans. he owes us nothing. he was part of something that for over 20 years gave us fucking fab(quoting freddie out take) music.

queen's music does live on. Just a queen album in the CD player..it still lives on. Queen music is part of our lives, and many people on this board are too young to remember queen as an active fourpiece(myself include). well, queen's music is still alive and kicking!

Mr.MadGuy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 23 posts

Posted: 01 Jan 05, 12:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think Freddie died to get out of the band.

"I'm just a musical prostitute my dear!"
Pluto user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 778 posts

Posted: 01 Jan 05, 13:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bigc wrote:

without John Deacon...THERE WOULD BE NO QUEEN

listen to your favourite track...imagine it without a bassline! thats what you get minus John

anyway. he did queen for 20 years... a gruelling schedule with all eyes on him and his life for the majority of it. He's been John Deacon, international rock star. perhaps now he just wants to be John Deacon, father of (how ever many children he has). and I respect him for that. He's done it to see the people that really matter to him,his family. could any of us begrudge that? we are just fans. he owes us nothing. he was part of something that for over 20 years gave us fucking fab(quoting freddie out take) music.

queen's music does live on. Just a queen album in the CD player..it still lives on. Queen music is part of our lives, and many people on this board are too young to remember queen as an active fourpiece(myself include). well, queen's music is still alive and kicking!

Finally someone said what I was thinking. Thank you!

I’ll kick and scream or kneel and bleed

I’ll fight like hell to hide that I’m giving up

-Bright Eyes

Another Travelin' Song

Posted: 01 Jan 05, 15:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AHHHHHHHH!!!! seriously i didnt mean he was happy when freddie mercury died, i meant that he was happy, that after fm died that queen was all over

KentuckyQueenFan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 1 posts

Posted: 02 Jan 05, 13:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"hey guys - so john deacon was glad when freddie died that queen was all over"

I think he meant to say...

Although sad that Freddie had died, he was "relieved" that queen was over.

You brits should really learn to speak our language. ;-)

BTW, I saw Queen 3 times live back here in the USA.