Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Mystery Bass player

forum rss feed
Author

eupher61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Dec 04, 23:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hope the John Deacon situation isn't like the Page/Plant tours a few years ago, where Jones wasn't invited. John was an amazing bassist, always has reminded me of Jones--low key presence, but absolutely solid musically.

I hope he's really tired of "The Game", those damned synths. :)

Funny, I had a dream years ago, shortly after the AIDS benefit. In the basement of my apartment building, Queen was playing a concert, except with Jaco Pastorius on bass. When they broke, in the dream of course, I asked him what he's doing there, playing rock n roll, being the best electric jazz bassist ever and besides, dead for 15 years.
He said, man, the jazzers just said I was dead when I discovered rock and roll...

I dunno. Watching some of the video from the HoF induction...Rodgers is no Freddie, but he's not supposed to be. But it's not Queen without Deacon either.

What's a Queen fan to do??

steve KC,MO, USA

Roger Taylor IS the best drummer in rock n roll!

eupher61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 30 Dec 04, 23:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

oh, how could I forget the original intent of my post...on the Hall of Fame videos, the bass player's face is never seen...just his bass and hands in "All Right Now"...anyone know who it was?

Andy Fraser from Free, maybe??

steve

Roger Taylor IS the best drummer in rock n roll!

The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts

Posted: 31 Dec 04, 03:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John is or will be invited, but it's still unsure if he will be there... we'll see or read it in Bri's soapbox.

I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
Benn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1332 posts

Posted: 31 Dec 04, 04:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It was Pino Palladino - journeyman bassist and currently full-time with The Who (since June 2002).

Benn