Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Never underestimate the power of stupid people in forums....

forum rss feed
Author

LadyMoonshineDown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 894 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jan 05, 23:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So I think we can all agree on having a newbie forum. That is a given.

But we need a forum for all those people who like to talk like gossip queens writing for Sun or something. You know, those who post stupid things about Freddie's lovers, his "gay" look with the short hair and moustache, whether he delievered the mail or recieved it in the mailbox. Geez people. It is annoying, and it has nothing to do with the music of Queen. Freddie's sex life and orientation has nothing to do with the music we all appreciate, so why do some fawn all over it? You want to know? Then google it, but don't bring that shit here. It just becomes really old, really stupid and really fucking annoying......

Real quick.
Cheers

"Today I saw an American flag flying at full mast and I was reassured--I knew someone....somewhere....was alive."
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6327 posts

Posted: 04 Jan 05, 03:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Talking about Cheers, it rhymes with tears. And talking about tears, it rhymes with fears (so-so). Talking about fears, the first letter is "f". Now, I remember certain musician whose first name begins with f, ends with e and has five more letters, hopefully they are reddi.

Meanwhile, think about something else: take the first letter of each paragraph I wrote in this post. What do you get? TM. So if we put F-reddi-e and TM together we get the result that there was a musician called Freddie Mercury, who wrote a song called The Miracle (TM), which ended up in the line:

"There time will come one day you`ll se when we can all be friends"

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 04 Jan 05, 03:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

:-) Good work, Sebastian!

The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts

Posted: 04 Jan 05, 04:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe we should stop reacting like a mad dog if a newbie posts something stupid. I just don't react and go the topics which have my interest.

I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
Banshee user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 145 posts

Posted: 04 Jan 05, 06:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nice post, both to Sebastian and grapefruit. :)

Zo zachtjes als het regent, de verliefden doet het niets

Laat niemand ze vertellen dat het giet

Posted: 04 Jan 05, 12:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As this is an open forum, people are allowed to ask these questions. Is somebody wants to ask wether Brians hair is naturally curly, then (s)he has a right to do so. If you've answered that question a million times and don't want to be bothered you can just leave the topic be. If you don't mind enlightning the masses you can answer it for the million and first time.

I myself won't be very helpful in this area, coz I don't know the answer. I also don't know wether he dyes his hair, and I'm very happy not knowing these sorts of things. :)

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 04 Jan 05, 14:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"I don't know whether to get pissed off with newbies or not. People give out shit to me if I do so...:-S What do yis want me to do?!"

As far as I am concerned I would wish for you to shut up - just as Marchofthedirtylanguage and LadyMoonshinehidesfromme with all your bitchy messages and comments spreading bad feelings all over the board.

I do not want any google ads here.

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 04 Jan 05, 15:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

and would that make her LindaoftheVanquished?

just wondered ;-)

go deo na h√Čireann
man on the prowl user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 46 posts

Posted: 04 Jan 05, 16:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

as a newbie myself, and an avid queen fan i am pretty well clued up on eveything "queen" and have been for a decade or so, i totally agree with this posting, STOP POSTING MEANINGLESS SHITE ON THIS GREAT SITE AND WASTING ALL OF OUR TIME.

baz
Anto1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 04 Jan 05, 16:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Linda, stay away from toics that bother you. It's simple.

Nearly every "public" message board you come across is like this. You're gonna get newbie questions all the time, some are genuine, some are flame bait. Best thing to do is to steer clear of them.

Where in Dublin are you from BTW?

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 04 Jan 05, 16:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Anto is perfectly right. What annoys me is of no importance, I do not own this forum. When I don't like a topic I stay away. After years on a message board you do not expect brand new topics every day.

But what we can expect is a minimum of respect for other people on this board. It's not respecting other people when the board is flooded with "I hate newbie" rubbish by people who are too stupid to figure out the edit button and who think it makes them cool to use trash language. You are the ones who make the board unattractive for regular users, not a new user who asks an innocent question.

I do not want any google ads here.

Posted: 04 Jan 05, 17:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:

Anto is perfectly right. What annoys me is of no importance, I do not own this forum. When I don't like a topic I stay away. After years on a message board you do not expect brand new topics every day.

But what we can expect is a minimum of respect for other people on this board. It's not respecting other people when the board is flooded with "I hate newbie" rubbish by people who are too stupid to figure out the edit button and who think it makes them cool to use trash language. You are the ones who make the board unattractive for regular users, not a new user who asks an innocent question.

*Hear*hear*

Totally agree on that one. People should atleast try to be civil. And for what it's worth, I thought your name-calling was rather innovative and intelligent. But that's beside the point.

Posted: 04 Jan 05, 18:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:

You even don't know how much you're right...!

Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 04 Jan 05, 18:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You know, just because someone is new to this boards doesn't mean they're always new fans of the band. I know we've got certain 'newbies' that have been following Queen for probably 30-something years and definitely don't deserve to be ignored or assumed dumb just because they've just joined the board. If anything, shouldn't we make people feel welcome, no matter what their knowledge of the band is? These boards shouldn't be about amnimosity, because, at the end of the day, every one of us likes Queen.

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

Anto1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 04 Jan 05, 19:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you look closely, some of the folk complaining dont seem to have any interest in Queen at all.

Posted: 04 Jan 05, 19:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Anto1 wrote:

If you look closely, some of the folk complaining dont seem to have any interest in Queen at all.

I'll repeat my reply to YV's answer to yours:

goinback user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 997 posts

Posted: 04 Jan 05, 19:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You know what....

What if the subject headings were a different color according to how long people have been members? The subjects from newbies could be a darker color (purple) so they're easier to skip over, while the ones from people who have have been here longest could be bright yellow.

"I have no time for Time magazine. Or Rolling Stone." Jethro Tull
Las Palabras De Amor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 123 posts

Posted: 04 Jan 05, 21:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

::runs and hides::

LadyMoonshineDown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 894 posts

Posted: 04 Jan 05, 23:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have no problem with people posting certain opinions or what not. I'm not going to bash them for that, because that would be a mild form of facism, or the personality of a facist anyway, heh.

But perhaps I should have rephrased this post a bit more. I am venting my frustration, not nessicarily at newbies, but at the sheer fact that people do not google their questions that could easily be answered within a few seconds. It is that simple. Now all this talk has made me hungry. Excuse me while I go get the fried chicken.
Cheers

"Today I saw an American flag flying at full mast and I was reassured--I knew someone....somewhere....was alive."
jericho05 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 677 posts

Posted: 05 Jan 05, 00:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry Funster wrote:

Anto1 wrote:

I'll repeat my reply to YV's answer to yours:

I second the both of you being right!

Shake it Sugaree