Forums > Personal > Canada World Junior Champions

forum rss feed
Author

jericho05 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 677 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Jan 05, 00:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

After an 8 year drought the Canadian juniors are once again Golden after knocking off the Russians 6-1 in the Championship game. There being no NHL this year the tournament has help immensely with my hockey withdrawls.
And what was the song played as the boys skated around with the gold--We Are The Champions of course! And every Queen hating person in the arena belted it out.

Shake it Sugaree

Posted: 05 Jan 05, 21:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So that makes Canada #1 at something!! We should sharpen our ice skates and take over the world!! :P

Shake it Sugaree
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 05 Jan 05, 22:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, I agree. After you...!

Great game, btw... nothing like a fun blowout. Serves the Russians right... they were up by a few goals against the States in the last game, and they still put on their first line for their power plays. The humble thing to do is play your third or fourth line.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Music Man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2346 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 05, 15:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I disagree. I know that when I play any game or sport, it would be an insult to my team and me if the other team were to not put out to their fullest potential regardless if they were winning or not. I would much rather be slaughtered than insulted in that manner.

I think it is also more humble to play your fullest. It is quite pompous to not play your best and expect to win.

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 05, 17:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can't agree only because I'm Russian :)
But to be honest the Canadian hockey players are the best now!

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 05, 17:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Now let's all sing "O Canada"!

"Oooooohhh Caaaaaanaaadaaaaaaaaaaaaa......."

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 05, 20:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=000000>Music Man</font> wrote:

I disagree. I know that when I play any game or sport, it would be an insult to my team and me if the other team were to not put out to their fullest potential regardless if they were winning or not. I would much rather be slaughtered than insulted in that manner.

I think it is also more humble to play your fullest. It is quite pompous to not play your best and expect to win.

Yeah, your view makes sense. Now I'm not sure where I stand on the subject. Damn you and your always-having-to-make-senseness!

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca

Posted: 06 Jan 05, 23:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I could see coasting if it were a 10-0 game but in most sports momentum shifts very suddenly if not on guard!

Shake it Sugaree