Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > would robbie have made a good fm?

forum rss feed
Author

legends never die! user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 73 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Jan 05, 10:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

duh there will never be another freddie mercury, but i think robbie williams wouldnt have been bad. i havent seen or heard paul rodgers... so does anybody know where i can find pics or his music? i tried searching but no luck

The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 05, 10:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here can you download the Hall of Fame performance...

http://www.mercuryparadise.com/hyper/MP-framenw.htm

I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 05, 10:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My God u people are stupid!
"would Robbie have made a good Freddie" ??
WTF?!
Are u retarded??
We talked about this for ages!
NO, he wouldn't be a good FM! Do u really think these people are doing Freddie?? LOL!
If i want cheap Freddie impersonations i'll watch those crappy tributebands thanks.
Robbie would be a kickass frontman for Queen!! Better than that Chewbacca of a Paul Rodgers!!

Killed by drones.
The Fairy King

Posted: 06 Jan 05, 11:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And Rodger's can?? LOL

Killed by drones.
the oppositionist user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 882 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 05, 11:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How about NAAAAAHHH!

melinadeacon@queenzone.com
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 05, 11:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You fool. I have perfect pitch hearing - I can FART and know what note it is. Paul Rogers, regardless of what you think of the sound of his voice, hit those notes at the Hall of Fame thing. In fact, he hit notes that Mercury himself had trouble with Live. As pragmatic you might be, you cannot deny that Mr. Rodgers is a competent singer.

Better than that shmuck Robbie Williams

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Sebastian user is on Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6328 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 05, 11:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes Robbie could be a good Freddie. There are only few things left:

- To increase his range in a 200%
- To play piano really well (listen to the intro of Death On Two Legs)
- To compose something like March Of The Black Queen
- To sing something like Fallen Priest or Ensueno
- To arrange something like the choirs of Somebody To Love
- To produce something like Man From Manhattan

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
bobo the chimp

Posted: 06 Jan 05, 11:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sebastian,
Some false teeth might help too. Never mind the mic stand - he ALREADY stole that one! :)

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
The Fairy King

Posted: 06 Jan 05, 11:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes Robbie could be a good Freddie. There are only few things left:

- To increase his range in a 200%
- To play piano really well (listen to the intro of Death On Two Legs)
- To compose something like March Of The Black Queen
- To sing something like Fallen Priest or Ensueno
- To arrange something like the choirs of Somebody To Love
- To produce something like Man From Manhattan

Rodgers can't do these things neither, u people keep measuring everyone with Freddie. I think it would be far more exciting to see Robbie on that stage than that "schmuck" Rodgers!

Get over urselfs!

Killed by drones.
bobo the chimp

Posted: 06 Jan 05, 11:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am not a schmuck, I just have a bigger brain than you. Please don't hold that against me :(

Rodgers, as I already pointed, can equal Freddie's singing on stage, if not actually go further.

I've heard he can play piano. Dunno how well.

Listen, you have to face facts, he has Robbie Williams outgunned. You also have to acknowledge that Robbie Williams is a fair bit younger than Rodgers. Musicians have a funny habit of getting better with age so ONE DAY your precious Robbie Williams might just be competent enough to take on Queen stuff. But not yet.

This Paul Rodgers guy, as much as I'd never heard of him before the Hall of Fame gig, *can* do the job.

Posted: 06 Jan 05, 11:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie could get away with being openly arrogant because he was so camp- it was just funny.
Robbie... cant. Hes not done enough to be arrogant. I was so dissapointed with his part on the new Band Aid 20 single. He still thinks hes all that- just becos some 12 year olds think hes good looking. There just not enough there to make him anything like freddie

bobo the chimp

Posted: 06 Jan 05, 11:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think Robbie Williams is where he is, by accident. He isn't show-stopping material. A good singer maybe. But not world class. Energetic? Quite possibly, but again not the best. He's not the sort of guy I'd imagine ever being as popular as Freddie. He's more the sort of guy who'd smash a beer bottle over my head. (I suspect with all this badmouthing Robbie Williams that there's a few people here willing to do the same).

All in all, it's about who can do the best job. There are probably people heaps better than Rodgers that don't want to do it, or aren't famous enough to sell tickets. But what matters is the guy that they've picked (Rodgers) CAN do the thing better than Williams.

The Fairy King

Posted: 06 Jan 05, 11:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

I am not a schmuck, I just have a bigger brain than you. Please don't hold that against me :(

Rodgers, as I already pointed, can equal Freddie's singing on stage, if not actually go further.

I've heard he can play piano. Dunno how well.

Listen, you have to face facts, he has Robbie Williams outgunned. You also have to acknowledge that Robbie Williams is a fair bit younger than Rodgers. Musicians have a funny habit of getting better with age so ONE DAY your precious Robbie Williams might just be competent enough to take on Queen stuff. But not yet.

This Paul Rodgers guy, as much as I'd never heard of him before the Hall of Fame gig, *can* do the job.

U claim u have a bigger brain than me?
Seems u can't read with that HUGE brain of yours cuz i didn't call u a schmuck! I should though.

Killed by drones.
bobo the chimp

Posted: 06 Jan 05, 11:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You're right there. My apologies.

I've also noted, however, that the 'u' key sits right between the 'y' and the 'o' keys. And thusly your continued use of the letter 'u' instead of the actual word 'you' and it's variants indicates that you're either lazy, or trying to draw a balance between the 3 letters. Admirable. But kinda counterproductive.

The Fairy King

Posted: 06 Jan 05, 11:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the oppositionist wrote:

Freddie could get away with being openly arrogant because he was so camp- it was just funny.
Robbie... cant. Hes not done enough to be arrogant. I was so dissapointed with his part on the new Band Aid 20 single. He still thinks hes all that- just becos some 12 year olds think hes good looking. There just not enough there to make him anything like freddie

Think u missed the point my dear!
We're not looking for a new Freddie!
*sigh*
Nevermind, u people are just too boring to see Robbie's brilliance. :P He has proven himself on a lot of occasions. Rodgers sucked at the Hall Of Fame. Robbie ROCKED at Knebworth singing WWRY!
Nuff said really.

Killed by drones.
The Fairy King

Posted: 06 Jan 05, 11:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

You're right there. My apologies.

I've also noted, however, that the 'u' key sits right between the 'y' and the 'o' keys. And thusly your continued use of the letter 'u' instead of the actual word 'you' and it's variants indicates that you're either lazy, or trying to draw a balance between the 3 letters. Admirable. But kinda counterproductive.

Oh bravo! That huge brain of yours is really usefull, just full of air though.

Killed by drones.
bobo the chimp

Posted: 06 Jan 05, 11:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Oh bravo!"

I aim to please.

"That huge brain of yours is really usefull"

You don't know the half of it. It's nice to see you typing 'you' though. Just helping you get your moneys worth out of the keyboard.

"just full of air though."

Huh? You're just bitter that Robbie Williams:

1.Sucks
2. Isn't touring with Queen
3. Didn't write WWRY
4. Didn't sing it very well
5. Or at least, not as well as the average drunk

bobo the chimp

Posted: 06 Jan 05, 11:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Listen, to dodge an argument I won't enjoy getting into, I'll throw in a quote from Frasier. Perhaps, to play middleman and laugh at the fact that neither Williams or Rodgers can touch Freddie's talent.

FRASIER:... and they launched into a duet of "Anything you can do, I can do better. They were both wrong".

The Fairy King

Posted: 06 Jan 05, 11:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Like i care what you think!
Couldn't care LESS actually.
Just can't stand people, who hate a certain artist they base all their opinions on that. Like u just did. You're opinions are far from objective. Very sad actually. The topic was about Robbie, doing a good Freddie. *rolls eyes*
Useless topic, because we don't NEED a new Freddie. There was only ONE Freddie. Robbie would do a great show! Period. Why? Simple!
He has the same amount of charisma, humour, attitude, energy and versatility. Rodgers is just old. Sure has the range, but he will be much more boring to watch.

Killed by drones.

Posted: 06 Jan 05, 11:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Have to agree Robbie would do a good show. Hed certainly get the crowds in.