Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > FBI

forum rss feed
Author

Teo_torriate04 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 414 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jan 05, 07:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi guys, I downloaded the Brian May version of the old Shadows track FBI the other night. It's brilliant, I always had a soft spot for the Shads when I was a kid. Anyway, I did a little research and found that the track appeared on a Shadows tribute album called Twang, along with tracks by Richie Blackmore, Tony Iommi and others. I've found a copy of the album on Amazon for over £20
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000001YOZ/qid=1105102090/sr=1-6/ref=sr_1_11_6/202-5598377-1876610
Does anyone own this album, and is the other stuff on it worth having. I must admit I'm tempted.

To cast aside the fury of the battle.

To turn my weary eyes for home.
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6327 posts

Posted: 07 Jan 05, 10:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don`t own it but if Mr. Blackmore is there it`s surely worth buying

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.

Posted: 08 Jan 05, 19:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was hoping for a little input here guys, has no one heard this album?

My Best Friend user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 123 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 05, 19:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BUY IT!!!!

ITS GREAT STUFF!!!

Posted: 08 Jan 05, 20:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ok, I'll rephrase that. Has anyone other than 'My Best Friend' heard it. His apparent quest to answer every single thread( and to start some pretty shitty ones) leaves me somewhat dubious about the validity of his opinion.

My Best Friend user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 123 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 05, 20:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey dude, I have it. I bought it back when it came out. Lotsa cool 50's vibe instrumental stuff. Richie Blackmore rocks out too.

Posted: 08 Jan 05, 20:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ok Matey, as the album was originally released in 1996, and assuming you're what, 14 or 15, you were 5 or 6 when you brought it. If that's so then I'm impressed by your musical maturity. Your comment about the 50's vibe is interesting, as they didn't release their first solo (ie without Cliff Richard) record until 1959, and the majority of their best known hits were around the early to mid 60's.
I lament the frustration being shown by people such as Mr Stuart, who will surely look for other avenues to share the wealth of information of real interest they have. The loss of such erstwhile Zoners is a direct result of the type of inane, fatuous, purile and frankly worthless 'contributions' made by people such as yourself.

Please desist immediately.