Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Jim Hutton the poet?!

forum rss feed
Author

Brianmay1975 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brianmay1975
Bohemian: 608 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jan 05, 08:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was strolling around the Web the other day and thought I'd made a visit to the Queenduckhouse.com. And what did I see on the first page? This:

"Altri sono scomparsi, lo so
Ma tu eri mio, ti amavo tanto.
Una preghiera, un pianto fino alla fine del tempo,
Per un amico amato che ero orgoglioso di dire mio.
Per una vita bella, una triste, triste fine
Sei morto come sei vissuto, amico di tutti.



Jim Hutton"


So am I to assume that this poem is an Italian translation of a poem written by Jim Hutton about Freddie? Does anybody know anything about Jim's poetry works? Or does anybody have the English version? It's amazing how a barber/gardener has become such a writer! What do you think of his "talents"? IMHO, he's not good at writing, but it's a good thing for him to try. It's impressing.



I LOVE QUEEN!



"My guitar was my weapon and my shield to hide behind" (Brian May)



KittyCat user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 104 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jan 05, 08:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

is anybody able to translate it ??


"You don´t wanna hear it? If you don´t wanna hear it, fuckin´ go home!"

Freddie Mercury
iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jan 05, 08:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can't, but Mr. Babelfish does roughly.


"Altri (Memories, I guess?) they are passings, I know it But you were mine, I loved you a lot. A prayer, I plant until the end of the time, For a loved friend that I was proud to say mine. For one beautiful life, one sad, sad lived died aim Six like six, friend of all"

So..take what you can from it? I'm not Italian..or am I? *twirls moustache*


...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!
Brianmay1975 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brianmay1975
Bohemian: 608 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jan 05, 08:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

KittyCat wrote:

is anybody able to translate it ??

Sorry, I forgot to translate it. I'm gonna give it a try (I'm not Italian, but I do speak a LITTLE Italian).

Others have gone too, I know it,
But you were mine, I loved you so much,
A prayer, a tear till the end of times,
For a loved friend which I was proud to call mine,
To a beautiful life, a sad sad ending,
You're dead the way you lived, a friend to everybody.

Sounds silly, but I'm no poet. Maybe somebody has the accurate version.


I LOVE QUEEN!



"My guitar was my weapon and my shield to hide behind" (Brian May)



gnomo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 743 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jan 05, 08:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

From a native speaker and semi-professional translator (trying to keep the rhymes):

----
Many others have passed away, I know,

but you were mine, and I loved you so.

A prayer and weeping until the end of time

for a beloved friend that I was proud to name mine.

To a beautiful life, a sad, sad end.

You died just like you had lived, to everyone a friend.

----

Please notice that reverse-translations seldom match the original text, though.

HTH

--
Gnomo



--

Gnomo

(... any way the wind blows ...)
Brianmay1975 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brianmay1975
Bohemian: 608 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jan 05, 09:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

gnomo wrote:

From a native speaker and semi-professional translator (trying to keep the rhymes):

----
Many others have passed away, I know,

but you were mine, and I loved you so.

A prayer and weeping until the end of time

for a beloved friend that I was proud to name mine.

To a beautiful life, a sad, sad end.

You died just like you had lived, to everyone a friend.

----

Please notice that reverse-translations seldom match the original text, though.

HTH

--
Gnomo


Now this really sounds cool, guess it's even better than what Jim wrote... :)


I LOVE QUEEN!



"My guitar was my weapon and my shield to hide behind" (Brian May)



gabriel79 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 313 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jan 05, 09:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

it's not by jim.ifyou read the book mercury and me you'll find an explanation

Brianmay1975 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brianmay1975
Bohemian: 608 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jan 05, 09:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

gabriel79 wrote:

it's not by jim.ifyou read the book mercury and me you'll find an explanation


Well I can't read the book, because I don't have it. I've only read some excerpts from it and I liked what I've read.
So I'd be very grateful if you explained it for me...


I LOVE QUEEN!



"My guitar was my weapon and my shield to hide behind" (Brian May)



KittyCat user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 104 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jan 05, 14:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

gnomo wrote:

From a native speaker and semi-professional translator (trying to keep the rhymes):

----
Many others have passed away, I know,

but you were mine, and I loved you so.

A prayer and weeping until the end of time

for a beloved friend that I was proud to name mine.

To a beautiful life, a sad, sad end.

You died just like you had lived, to everyone a friend.

----

Please notice that reverse-translations seldom match the original text, though.

HTH

--
Gnomo


oh... cool, it sounds better .o) ... thanks a lot!


"You don´t wanna hear it? If you don´t wanna hear it, fuckin´ go home!"

Freddie Mercury
gabriel79 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 313 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 05, 13:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="red">Brianmay1975 wrote:

gabriel79 wrote:

it's not by jim.ifyou read the book mercury and me you'll find an explanation


Well I can't read the book, because I don't have it. I've only read some excerpts from it and I liked what I've read.
So I'd be very grateful if you explained it for me...


jim took the same words written for the death of his father and wrote it for the death of freddie.i don't remembber where the words come from but im sure they're not by jim

Brianmay1975 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brianmay1975
Bohemian: 608 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Jan 05, 11:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

gabriel79 wrote:

<font color="red">Brianmay1975 wrote:

gabriel79 wrote:

it's not by jim.ifyou read the book mercury and me you'll find an explanation


Well I can't read the book, because I don't have it. I've only read some excerpts from it and I liked what I've read.
So I'd be very grateful if you explained it for me...


jim took the same words written for the death of his father and wrote it for the death of freddie.i don't remembber where the words come from but im sure they're not by jim


Thanks so much!


I LOVE QUEEN!



"My guitar was my weapon and my shield to hide behind" (Brian May)



geeksandgeeks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4296 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Jan 05, 12:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="red">Brianmay1975 wrote:

KittyCat wrote:

is anybody able to translate it ??

Sorry, I forgot to translate it. I'm gonna give it a try (I'm not Italian, but I do speak a LITTLE Italian).

Others have gone too, I know it,
But you were mine, I loved you so much,
A prayer, a tear till the end of times,
For a loved friend which I was proud to call mine,
To a beautiful life, a sad sad ending,
You're dead the way you lived, a friend to everybody.

Sounds silly, but I'm no poet. Maybe somebody has the accurate version.


Not Poe or Frost, but certainly not heinous. Assuming it's real, I think it's kind of sweet.


God wants you to send me some money.



"Seven spades doubled, vulnerable, making seven? You BITCH."
Brianmay1975 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brianmay1975
Bohemian: 608 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Jan 05, 13:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

geeksandgeeks wrote:

<font color="red">Brianmay1975 wrote:

KittyCat wrote:

is anybody able to translate it ??

Sorry, I forgot to translate it. I'm gonna give it a try (I'm not Italian, but I do speak a LITTLE Italian).

Others have gone too, I know it,
But you were mine, I loved you so much,
A prayer, a tear till the end of times,
For a loved friend which I was proud to call mine,
To a beautiful life, a sad sad ending,
You're dead the way you lived, a friend to everybody.

Sounds silly, but I'm no poet. Maybe somebody has the accurate version.


Very sweet of him indeed...

Not Poe or Frost, but certainly not heinous. Assuming it's real, I think it's kind of sweet.


Very sweet indeed...


I LOVE QUEEN!



"My guitar was my weapon and my shield to hide behind" (Brian May)