Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Tourstart 28.3.05 London Brixton Academy

forum rss feed
Author

wegotit user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 289 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jan 05, 10:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS TO PLAY BRIXTON ACADEMY! - FAN TICKET LOTTERY

The first date of the Queen + Paul Rodgers European Tour will be at the Brixton Academy in London on Monday 28th March 2005.

As this is the first date of the tour it should be a hot ticket! Queen and Paul Rodgers have decided to limit all tickets to fans only!

Due to the size of the venue and the obvious high demand for tickets, it has been decided that the fairest way to give all fans a chance of purchasing tickets for this prestigious show is in the form of a lottery.

It is a deliberate ploy to get tickets straight to loyal fans and not to greedy ticket touts.

Tickets for the Brixton show are NOT going on GENERAL SALE.

There is a maximum ticket limit of two per registered applicant.

Tickets are priced at £55 each and subject to a £4.50 booking fee, plus £4.95 special delivery per order.

How To Enter The Lottery

You will qualify for the Queen + Paul Rodgers Brixton Academy ticket lottery in two ways:

1. If you are a paid up member of the Official International Queen Fan Club - All members of the QFC will be automatically entered into the lottery draw and do not need to register on Queen Online.com. Any duplicate register attempts may mean you will be withdrawn from the lottery list.

This opportunity is only open to those members of the Official International Queen Fan Club who were registered prior to Saturday 11th December 2004. This is the date that news of the Queen + Paul Rodgers Tour surfaced.

2. If you are a registered member of Queen Online.com - All registered users of Queen Online.com will be given the opportunity to apply to purchase tickets for the Brixton concert via the specially created web page located at the address below, between Friday 7th January 2005 and Friday 14th January 2005*.

Queen Online.com User Link for the Brixton show - www.queenonline.com/brixtontickets/

This opportunity is only open to those members of Queen Online.com who were registered prior to Saturday 11th December 2004. This is the date that news of the Queen + Paul Rodgers Tour surfaced.

Further Lottery Information

*Please note early application to the lottery does not increase your chances of winning the opportunity to purchasing tickets to the Brixton show.

The lottery will be administered with the same audit system used by UEFA in the distribution of tickets for Euro 2004. The system is fully audited by Price, Waterhouse & Cooper.

Successful applicants will be informed on or before Friday 21st January 2005.

Any customer attempting to either enter the lottery more than once or found to be obtaining more than two tickets will immediately have all of their booking refunded, without notification and with no option to repurchase.

Any customer attempting to resell their tickets will immediately have all of their booking refunded, without notification and with no option to repurchase.

Look out for further news on the Queen + Paul Rodgers European Tour very soon!

Good Luck!

ianshome user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 165 posts

Posted: 07 Jan 05, 11:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yea i got the mail myself! i am in the draw but there must be thousands who are too! im waiting for other uk dates/venues too does anybody know when they will be announced

Benn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1332 posts

Posted: 07 Jan 05, 11:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

>It is a deliberate ploy to get tickets straight to loyal fans and not to greedy ticket touts.

But as we all know, it won't stop them getting some.

Benn
Nuno user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 285 posts

Posted: 07 Jan 05, 12:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think I'll wait for other UK dates.

It's little expensive - considering Brian saying there not doing it for the money

back off with your Megaton
ianshome user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 165 posts

Posted: 07 Jan 05, 12:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

its the going rate what did you expect to pay? other uk dates wont be any cheaper if you look at paris/barcelona they equate to be dearer for the best seats

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 07 Jan 05, 12:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Don't forget that the tickets for the Brixton Academy gig cost 65 British pounds- that equals 93 Euros, which is much more expensive than the European gigs. However, the tour start in such a small venue is of course a place to be.

Apparently the other tour venues will be published AFTER the lottery ends which means that the fans cannot choose if they enter the lottery or rather buy tickets for a later gig, for example in their neighbourhood - not very customer friendly.

I do not want any google ads here.

Hank H. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 738 posts

Posted: 07 Jan 05, 14:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And surely they know that their loyal fans will pay 65 Pounds. Especially since now they must feel flattered being rewarded with such a "very special chance".
I'd never buy a pig in a poke for 65 Pounds.

"I'm a great believer in actually NOT giving people what they want"

Brian May, 11 March 05
Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 07 Jan 05, 17:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Crap, crap, crap!

Tsjeesus, am I pissed off right now! I've had an extremely shitty day and this realy is the top of the cherry...

I'd be happy to pay that price for this particular show, but apparentaly signing up for a website prior to a certain date is more important than being a loyal fan for 19 years!?
(And having been a member of the fanclub for over 10, except for the last couple just because it just was NOT worth it?!)

(AND adding to that me being one of the few people to be realy enthousiastic about this tour from the beginning...)

(I understand the idea of a fanclub-member-show, don't get me wrong, but that doesn't mean I cannot feal insulted, right?)

Deacons 1st Choice user not visiting Queenzone.com
Deacons 1st Choice
Bohemian: 603 posts

Posted: 07 Jan 05, 19:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, i'm feeling a bit glum right now as this is the first i have heard of this breaking news.

I did not recieve any e-mail about this which has me glum.

My membership to the OIQFC JUST expired and i JUST sent in my renewal last week....guess this means i'm totally "out" of this contest on all fronts.

I am indeed glum....but life has fun ways of turing things right so who knows?

I don't think this has been handled very well so far, that is all i will say for now regarding this tour.

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 07 Jan 05, 21:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't believe that all tickets will be sold in the lottery. They are really very expensive in the first place and a lot of FC members are not even interested in the tour. I would not be surprised if there will be another chance to purchase tickets after the draw.

Reading all the comments on QOL I get a feeling this "treat" was not planned too well.

First of all, a fan event should not be top price and a quick search on ticketmaster shows that tickets are usually between 25 pounds and 45 pounds for smaller venues in the UK. Only Elton John stadium tickets cost 75 pounds but you get 35 pound tickets, too.

Secondly, many fans are clearly offended and upset because they are excluded being not a FC member or registered to QOL. Even in the email QOL says that the tickets should go to the "loyal fans and not to greedy ticket touts" . If you are not in the lottery, you are obviously a greedy ticket tout. It's totally stupid to upset possible customers like that, I can't believe the band thinks that this is how fans should be treated.

It's pretty unclear how the tickets for the FC club members are calculated. While the QOL members can choose if they want 1 or 2 tickets, the Fan club members are in the draw automatically, so how can QOL know how many tickets have been sold?

The real big loser in the whole process is the Fan Club. While this tour could have been a chance for the FC to recruit new members and regain some importance for the fans QOL makes the FC redundant with this procedure. Why being a FC member when the (free) QOL membership gets you the same advantage. Jacky will be left with hundreds of emails and phone calls by frustrated members who thought their membership would finally be useful now.

I do not want any google ads here.

Deacons 1st Choice user not visiting Queenzone.com
Deacons 1st Choice
Bohemian: 603 posts

Posted: 07 Jan 05, 22:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Valentine....i TOTALY agree Dear.

Thank you for posting this....it speaks the truth, exspecially at the very end.

This event may well seal the doom of the FC.

What's the point of being a paying member of a "club" if anyone online can get the same benefits (and some even better) for free? Such a pity this had to happen this way.

Well, we shall see what the end result is.

Things could turn for the better....

Hank H. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 738 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 05, 05:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YV: "I don't believe that all tickets will be sold in the lottery. They are really very expensive in the first place and a lot of FC members are not even interested in the tour. I would not be surprised if there will be another chance to purchase tickets after the draw."

Somehow I hope this happens, because maybe it would be a lesson that they can't expect people to do ANYTHING they suggest is something special for ANY price. But I think it will sell out very quickly. Maybe they also invited a lot of special guests, who knows how many tickets they sell anyway.

"I'm a great believer in actually NOT giving people what they want"

Brian May, 11 March 05
Schlipsi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 14 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 05, 05:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I totally agree with YV.

I also wonder how this will work with the fan club because it says that all members will be part of the lottery. But: You have to pay for the tickets. And what happens if a certain member wins a ticket but he does not want to or cannot see the concert and therefore doesn't buy the ticket? Then they have to contact the next member and so on. That's a lot of work and the concert is in two months...and of course the fans have to book flights, hotels etc.

But what nerves me most is the fact that they do not release the dates and it's not possible to plan your holidays etc. I for example booked a ski trip yesterday - from 26th march until 2nd april. 3 hours later I received the email with the Brixton concert. Fantastic.

Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 05, 08:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I received the email, strangely enough I'm probably registered on this crappy official QOL site :-) Although the first date of the tour is VERY promising, I'm not going - the ticket price is ridiculous and the plane ticket in March isn't unfortunately cheap either.

Still, if anybody if you want to attend, I'm sure they won't sell more than half of the tickets so the rest should be available to general public after the draw.

Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 05, 08:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Martin, you could sign up for the lottery anyway and sell the tickets to me if you 'win'!!!

Save me user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 47 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 05, 10:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Richard Orchard wrote:

<font color=orange>joe satriani</bold> wrote:

I can't go to that concert because i'm not a member of the QFC or Queenonline. Do you think they'll play somewere else in London during this tour? If so would you beable to buy tickets or would that have to be over Queenonline in this lottery thing?

there will be at least one other london date - for the general public.

What about Birmingham? £55 is alot of money to pay, then there is the cost of travel and accommodation, so im hoping they will do at least one gig in the midlands!!

im just a musical prostitute my dears..........
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 05, 10:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How much????

So if one is a member of the QFC and fills this form in as a QOL member, is that a duplicate application?

Since when was UEFA a bastion of fairness?

Doesn't anyone think that allowing two tickets pretty much brings touts back into the equation anyway?

Bunch of arse......

Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 05, 11:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ianshome wrote:

its the going rate what did you expect to pay? other uk dates wont be any cheaper if you look at paris/barcelona they equate to be dearer for the best seats

No it aint. Velvet Revolver tickets for next week are £25. I paid only £22 last september.

Chom own mudder fukker.
Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 05, 13:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jeroen - if you want, it's not a problem, just send me an email to Mr.Scully@email.cz (if you don't mind risking it - apparently selling is strictly forbidden but I have no idea how they want to check that).

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 05, 16:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Since you're allowed two tickets, one can be for your bestest mate in the whole world, jeroen.