Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > BREAKING NEWS QUEEN +PR TO PLAY BRIXTON ACADEMY

forum rss feed
Author

Daveboy35 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jan 05, 11:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

HELLO it's 4.30pm gmt just had email from queenonline stating that queen and paul rodgers are playing brixton academy on march 28th for queen fans only and u have to register to be entered in a lottery because that seems to be the system thay are using.just thought i'd let you know.

Yes we'll keep on tryin

we'll tread that fine line

oh oh we'll keep on tryin

till the end of time

till the end of time.

Banquo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Banquo
Deity: 2636 posts

Posted: 07 Jan 05, 13:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How the fuck can they justify charging 'fans' £55 PLUS £4.50 booking fee. Its a bloody disgrace. I'm off to write to multi-millionaire Brian May now to ask him. He won't answer of course.

Guess who's back?
Bohardy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2447 posts

Posted: 07 Jan 05, 13:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Let's hope that that price won't be the standard, and is exorbitantly high because it's the first European gig and is for hardcore fans only.

With a bit of luck, the tickets that go on general sale will be of a more reasonable price. I don't hold out much hope though.

It's good to see that Brian's statement that they're not doing this tour for money is so emphatically endorsed by this bit of news.

Gullibility and credulity are considered undesirable qualities in every department of human life -- except religion.
Ms. Bea Haven user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 326 posts

Posted: 07 Jan 05, 15:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How come only the "Fan Club" members are permitted to be in the lottery? I don't think this is fair. I've been a fan forever and just because I don't have that secret decoder ring (I've never been a member of anybody's fan club - sorry!), well, I just don't think it's fair!!!

Anyone else feel this way?

Jer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 12 posts

Posted: 07 Jan 05, 16:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=whitesmoke>F Hg wrote:

How come only the "Fan Club" members are permitted to be in the lottery?

It's Fan Club members and anyone who's subscribed to Queenonline.com (and then has the readies for the tickets - that's the same as I paid to see Bowie at Wembley Arena in 2003 and he really was worth double that - whether these guys can justify the prices is solely up to them to prove). And how else can Queen Productions target their fanbase other than get in contact with everyone who's registered for official info or wants to get more from being part of the Fan Club thing?

Hank H. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 738 posts

Posted: 07 Jan 05, 16:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"How come only the "Fan Club" members are permitted to be in the lottery? I don't think this is fair."

Not every Bimbo has the privilege to be allowed to pay exorbitant prices for a concert and feel important. You have to have proved that you are willing to invest a lot of money in Queen for them generously giving you another chance to do so once more. I'm sure you can donate money to QP some other way though.

"I'm a great believer in actually NOT giving people what they want"

Brian May, 11 March 05
Ms. Bea Haven user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 326 posts

Posted: 07 Jan 05, 18:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I guess I'll have to take a picture of my Queen collection to prove that I've invested a lot of time (and beaucoup bucks) on them...along with my pic of me and Brian from almost 15 years ago...will that suffice? I'm sure I still have my last Queen concert ticket stub from the early 80's, too.

I'm old dammit - I feel I should be entitled!!!!!

Mrs.Taylor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1466 posts

Posted: 07 Jan 05, 18:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Looks like my concert-going days are well and truly over then cos there's no way on God's green Earth I would spend 55 quid on going to see anyone.

Yes, it's me. I'm back.

I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on a disk somewhere
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 05, 07:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lol @ Hank H. You hit the proverbial nail on the head. Either you are invited to pay an exorbitant price - or you are just a greedy ticket tout. May QOL save Queen from these greedy wannabe fans.

I do not want any google ads here.

DeaconJohn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 253 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 05, 09:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"£55 PLUS £4.50"

- they can shove their concert. I have no objection in paying £60 when I will get a concert worth £60, but this will not be £60 worth.

Greedy bastards.

The one and only DeaconJohn - As seen on page 81 of the Q Magazine Queen special.
Scirocco1977 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 533 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 05, 10:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Notice that their argument is the limited capacity of this place. So imagine them playing Knebworth: the tickets might be 7.99 pounds.... a nice thought... But I'd better go back sleeping to dream.

Keep 'em mowing blades sharp!
Rien user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2204 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 05, 10:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And yes a lot of you are shouting and crying again. Remember this lottery concerns only the FIRST TOUR DATE !
Despite of the high prices of these tickets I reckon that Brian, Roger and Paul want this opening date to be something special for their fans.

The Queen Fan Club says:
Please don't panic! This ISN'T the only UK tour date, so even if you are NOT lucky enough to win a ticket for this show, you WILL be able to get priority booking on tickets for all other shows.

Feel free to visit my site - http://www.mercuryparadise.com

(Come into my life, it's a MercuryParadise)
Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 05, 11:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, but probably only when you subscribed before december 11th, right... Tsss...