Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Future Queen DVD Releases?

forum rss feed
Author

flash00 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 137 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 05, 11:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

its prob been said b4..
but why dont queen release a dvd concert which is'nt already on video? something new from the magic tour? or works? not that rock in rio quality was dreadfull...
also more footage of freddie 86 onwards because theres loads of footage, i.e. backstage video footage/making of innuendo even.. and i dont mean 3sec clips converted to black+white to make it look more arty.... oh im having a good ol rant today lol..

pssttt....
bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 05, 12:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Milton Keynes hadn't been released before the CD/DVD release last November.

I would personally rather that they didn't release any more Magic Tour shows, but now due to the tour I wonder whether they will continue to release DVD's?

KingMercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 345 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 05, 12:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

queen productions will release Greatest Video hits 3 for sure, or a late 70`s concert
forget about another Magic Tour show, or a Works Tour show
i go with the GVH 3
it will be great

"I`m Just A Singer With A Song...How Can I Try to Right The Wrong"

Posted: 08 Jan 05, 12:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

m/k concert has been on the UK television over a dozen times!!!(an edited version)
i think we'll prob get dvd's of there new tour in the future imo end of the year for xmas!
oh i'm more into queen in the 80's+90's so i hope they bring out more concerts from that era,
i do like the 70's era but not live,

pssttt....

Posted: 08 Jan 05, 12:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

oh yea deffo a greatest hits dvd 3!!!!!!!!

pssttt....

Posted: 08 Jan 05, 16:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

erm...Queen's last tour was 1986, so aside from the Freddie Tribute Show (which is already out) there won't be anything after that date.

Milton Keynes may have shown on Channel 4 and VH1 lots of times but not an complete show, which is what the DVD & CD release are.

I'd like to see Hammersmith 24.12.1975 released on cd/dvd - there is footage available after all, some of it was shown on the Bo Rhap Documentary a couple of weeks back.

Las Palabras De Amor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 123 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 05, 16:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Greatest Video Hits 3 would be interesting.

agneepath! 11994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1132 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 05, 17:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=orange>joe satriani</bold> wrote:

It would be grat to see a 70s concert released on DVD as they havn't released any 70s concerts on DVD or VHS in England before.

Rainbow '74 was released on VHS:

http://www.queenpicturehall.com/videos/q14latr.shtml

[ Wybren™ ] user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 650 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 05, 17:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Some months ago Brian said at his own site (brianmay.com) that Budapest 86 will be released on DVD. But I don't think it's planned for this year, because it's an Magic Tour show. I think Hammersmith 75 will be the next live DVD release.

[ Ahoy' Rotterdam, April 26th ]|[ Rhein Energie Stadion Köln, Juli 6th ]|[ Gelredome Arnhem, July 10th ]
jericho05 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 677 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 05, 17:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Anything from the 70's (News and previous) will make me ecstatic.

Shake it Sugaree
LivingGirl user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 242 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 05, 17:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I prefer release of 70s concert rather than made videos.concerts are more exciting.

ki o tsukete ne!take care!

Posted: 09 Jan 05, 05:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

you would think so, as it was the main reason I got Box Of Tricks myself, but I've seen sold separately at record fairs....

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 05, 08:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

According to Greg Brooks they were working on 2 Live DVD's: Milton Keynes 1982 and Paris 1979, MK is finished, so a big chance is that Paris 1979 will be the next live DVD...

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Banquo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Banquo
Deity: 2636 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 05, 09:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd love to see Rainbow '74 get a DVD release, also the Xmas Eve gig in 1975 at the Apollo deserves it as well.

Guess who's back?
[ Wybren™ ] user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 650 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 05, 09:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rick wrote:

According to Greg Brooks they were working on 2 Live DVD's: Milton Keynes 1982 and Paris 1979, MK is finished, so a big chance is that Paris 1979 will be the next live DVD...

Where did you hear/read that? Paris 1979 will be great :)

[ Ahoy' Rotterdam, April 26th ]|[ Rhein Energie Stadion Köln, Juli 6th ]|[ Gelredome Arnhem, July 10th ]
on my way up user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2186 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 05, 09:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ISN4T HAMMERSMITH NOT BETTER FOR A '79 CONCERT,
THAT WAS FILMED ASWELL WASN4T IT

on my way up
Mr Fred user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 119 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 05, 11:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Both Paris and hammersmith was filmed. If they have the whole shows filmed, I don't now, but I think so. There are clips shown from both this shows on TV. And they are really good. Especially HM79. Freddie's voice wasn't in that great shape in paris. But I think that they would release Hammersmith, beacause it's such a great show.
And about the rainbow 74. With DVD release I want the whole gig. The one that was released on VHS is a very cut one and edited.
When it then comes to the 70's shows over all, I Think that these shows could be argued about.

Earls court 77, mic problem, so I don't think it will come out.
Hammersmith 75. Good show. Maybe to be realeased in the future, but be not to sure.
Houston 77, well, not so great filmed some people says so, don't expect much.

Well then you have some 79 shows but I reallty don't know about these.

I would be glad if they released Hyde park 76.

John 3:16.....
Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 05, 11:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rick wrote:

Correct! This is their way with live dvd's: they are going back in time, each time taking steps as many as necesarry to get a show with enough songs in the setlist that haven;t been on the previous DVD.
Wembley 86 (then they skipped the 1985 tour because it had too many doublures as compared to Wembley), tour before Hot Space is 1981 which they will skip because it has too many doublures with MK (AND the WWRY dvd), so next will indeed be either Hammersmith (yes there is a FULL concert on video in the archives) or Paris 1979. (Or, as some of us still hope, a Live Killers-box set like the Led Zeppelin DVD). -Expect it late 2005
For now that is! They go back to the other tours later on. And that's probalby when Budapest will come out. Nothing said though about when that should be. It could easily be ten years from now! Or it might end up in an anthology box (which will probably will be more then ten years from now ;-)
Yes, GVHIII is set for earlier this year.
And yes I am oh so sure that there will be a dvd of the upcoming tour. No doubt whatsoever!

van Bohemian user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 4 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 05, 13:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The works I just love hammer to fall and radio gaga!

AllDeadAllDead user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 56 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 05, 13:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

oh man, do i pray and hope its some sort of live killers 79 stuff, box set, compilation whatever you want to call it. i think that is the best era live queen. freddie is just nuts, the sound is still analogue thick and tasty, and they all look the coolest. and the jazz stuff sounds great live (dreamers ball, FTG, bicycle) i'm not too concerned about getting a 'complete' 79 show -- a well edited together 'concert' would be fine i think.