Sorry, Sebastian, but I can't understand why they had to use old tapes for recording new album (that's not MIH case)?
If the tapes were good, they wouldn`t replace them. I guess (rather than know) that, for instance, Mike`s piano playing was kept. They overdubbed the "rest" (guitars, bass, timpani, perhaps changed the sound of a synth, perhaps the vocals were later as you say...)
1) so vocal probably couldn't come from The Miracle sessions.
No, but Barcelona sessions (which are more or less at the same time)
2) Since the Freddie's Box Set has been released we can say that there's no demo of 'All God's People' by Freddie (yes, there are some tracks left out of box set, but they're available over the Internet) - again vocal parts can't came from Freddie's solo sessions.
As far as I know, All God`s People demo (called `Africa By Night` or something like that) was left out the Box Set because it was going to be included in the Queen box-set (whenever it`s released). Btw there are more tracks left of the box set that we can`t find over the internet, for example Victory.
3) They recorded demo of 'Delilah' at 1989 - vocal parts of its are different to album's version, so they re-recorded them later, so why the same (if we accept that there already were recorded vocals of Freddie) couldn't be done with 'All God's People'?
Delilah is not the only track coming from 1989. Innuendo sessions begun in March, and as far as I know, the title track was one of the first to come. When Steve went they showed him Slightly Mad and I Can`t Live With You. The case of Delilah is simply because the vocals were horrible. It was a demo, but the "finished" version could have been easily done the next day.
4) As we know 'Sheer Heart Attack' song was written by Roger for SHA album (and probably SHA's version was recorded as well), but released much later on NOTW - but Freddie's vocal came from NOTW sessions, not from SHA (well, actually I think on original version lead-vocal could be sung by Roger, but anyway) - they recorded new version of song.
Very different situation. Rog had it half-finished. When he completed its songwriting he recorded a new backing track. (I guess). During the synth era they could save their ideas in midi or whatever, and use them later on. Same for "human" takes. Note The Dark (in Brian`s solo album) comes from Flash sessions.
5) During Innuendo sessions Freddie was still able to sing and there was not need in using old takes.
Unless the old take was already "IT"
But anyway, you know what`s the difference between the end of Miracle sessions and the beginning of Innuendo sessions? Two months!. So either side is right, it`s not such a big change. Still it`s nice to write long posts :)
John hated Hot Space. Fred's favourite singer was not Paul Rodgers. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Wales is not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.