Forums > Personal > What happened to the post counts?!?!

forum rss feed
Author

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Jan 05, 17:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't mean to sound like a noob, but what the hell happened to the post counts?!

Music Man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2346 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 05, 17:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

teh post counts were pwned by teh big RO j00 n00b

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 05, 18:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

why? :|

Killed by drones.
jericho05 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 677 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 05, 18:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Richard it is partially a result of the ideas that were put forth in fatty's "Don't Let QueenZone Die" thread.

Shake it Sugaree
Janet user not visiting Queenzone.com
Janet
Deity: 3937 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 05, 18:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Because now people won't just post nonsense to get their post counts higher, everyone is equal now.

-If you want the best seat in the house, you have to move the cat.

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 05, 18:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Janet wrote:

Because now people won't just post nonsense to get their post counts higher, everyone is equal now.

There was a sense in counts. If newbie comes with topic like "John wants to tour with Brian/Roger" - I have known - this is imagined gossip and I wouldn't start to read it. But if someone who has more than 1000 posts comes with such topic - I would read it, because I can trust.

Now it's hard to say who wants to discuss serious topics here or who wants fooling around by making new accounts every 5 min.

Posted: 09 Jan 05, 18:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

But can you trust someone just because they have over 1000 posts; even if they obtained them in only a few months?

Shake it Sugaree
Janet

Posted: 09 Jan 05, 18:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry Funster wrote:

Janet wrote:

There was a sense in counts. If newbie comes with topic like "John wants to tour with Brian/Roger" - I have known - this is imagined gossip and I wouldn't start to read it. But if someone who has more than 1000 posts comes with such topic - I would read it, because I can trust.

Now it's hard to say who wants to discuss serious topics here or who wants fooling around by making new accounts every 5 min.

I didn't remove the postcounts. I was merely answering the question as to why Richard removed them.

Janet

Posted: 09 Jan 05, 18:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Excellent point, jericho!

John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 05, 19:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Post counts are irrelevent.

As my old school mates told me at the back of the boys toilets - "It is not size that matters - but how you use it".

In almost 4 years, I never scored over 1000 posts.
I never saw the point in beating the next kid.

But as long as post counts remain, there will always be those who post sh*te to bloster their counts and their popularity. If by removing the counts, it succeeds in stopping just one stupid thread - then it will be worth it.

As for trust - the internet is full of crap. Trust no one. Do not trust me. Use it as a corner stone for your own research, and if it fits with my thoughts - that is fine. If you do not agree with me, that is fine too - but at least come back at me with facts you have researched.

So if it means killing heresay, because you trust no one, and have to do a little personal research - then that too can only be a good thing.

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
Libor2 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Libor2
Bohemian: 661 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 05, 19:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is excellent decision from Richard to remove post count.

But now it's time to be gone - forever...
Under Pressure user not visiting Queenzone.com
Under Pressure
Bohemian: 989 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 05, 20:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

:( I'm sad.

"I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." - FM
Awesome-O _4000 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 499 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 05, 21:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah this is rediculous... so they're doing this to PUNISH us persay. We've been berry bad, berry berry bad...*hangs head down*

-Thungerbolt courtesy of God

Posted: 09 Jan 05, 22:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=orange>joe satriani</bold> wrote:

I used to like seeing how many posts i had sent and i used to look forward to becoming royalty. I never used to send utter crap for the sake of hitting 1000 posts but i'm a little annoyed by this because i loved looking to see how many posts i had sent and how far away i was from becoming royalty. Still never mind.

It was obvious that you loved to see your post counts from the sheer amount that you posted in such a short time!

Shake it Sugaree
MexQueenFM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 13266 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 05, 00:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ha! my 12000+ post count gone!

I guess I will always be the one with the most :P

(unless of course HeM and the gang stay for two more months)

Mejor yo me hecho una chela, y chance enchufo una chava, chambeando de chafirete, me sobra chupe y pachanga

Tranzando de arriba a abajo, hay va la chilanga banda , chinchin si me la recuerdan
LivingGirl user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 242 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 05, 00:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

HeM wrote:

But now I think I'll begin to read even the easy questions, I kinda feel I should help people who know less than me, or at least post a link to the FAQ where they can find the answers they need. If today I know some about Queen, have some info about the bootlegs which are worth to download (which has helped me a lot to be always happy about the stuff I'm downloading), know many curiosities which nobody gives a d**n (except some Queen freaks like me), etc, it's only because people helped me a lot here on QZ when I was a "newbie" on Queen, and many people still help me a lot, so I feel that it's time to pay QZ for all the help I received from the zoners, and I think the best way of doing this is helping those who need much more help than me.

Before asks - yes, I am serious.

Wow! thank you very much!I'm a newbie Queen,cn't find so much abt Queen in our place,very lmtd,and when I pop out QZ,"lucky".Now,am happy reviewing Forums,pictures,and others,learning a lot fr all of you.Thanks!

ki o tsukete ne!take care!
The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 05, 03:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You can see your postcount at the old board, if you are interested... http://www.queenzone.com/queen/forum

I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY

Posted: 10 Jan 05, 04:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Janet wrote:

Serry Funster wrote:

Janet wrote:

I didn't remove the postcounts. I was merely answering the question as to why Richard removed them.

I know you didn't, I just said my point of view as a reply to yours.

Spiderleg Synthia user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1190 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 05, 04:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If possible, we should bring back the date registered: this would be a much more reliable measure of n00bdom. I've been here since 2001 and had the same count as some crap posters simply because I've never been a prolific poster.

*Mwah*

Posted: 10 Jan 05, 04:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jericho05 wrote:

But can you trust someone just because they have over 1000 posts; even if they obtained them in only a few months?

If they obtained them on only a few months - I'd know about it, because if you wanna obtain 1000 in few months you must reply to any topics here and everyone can see who works for post counts and who doesn't care about it. Everyone here knows guys who makes stupid and useless posts and have about even 2000 posts

Anyway I really don't care about these counts, so I wouldn't discuss about it! :-)