Forums > Personal > Its A Wonderful Life

forum rss feed
Author

Brimon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 571 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Jan 05, 19:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There's nothing better than climbing into a bed with with fresh new sheets, and that lovely clean smell.
But then again, there's nothing nicer than taking my contact lenses out after a long day, and giving my eyes a good old rub, it's just heaven.

Some of the simplest things in life are the best.

So what do you think is wonderful?

Janet user not visiting Queenzone.com
Janet
Deity: 3937 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 05, 19:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sinking into a steaming hot bath full of fragrant bubbles...

-If you want the best seat in the house, you have to move the cat.

LivingGirl user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 242 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 05, 20:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

it's a wonderful life when after tired work,back to home and my cat Leon is standing at the front door,looking into my eyes as if saying 'Welcome home!'

ki o tsukete ne!take care!
KillerQueen840 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4081 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 05, 20:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think it's very refreshing coming out of a steaming hot shower and drinking an ice cold glass of water.

"The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keep out the joy."

(Jim Rohn)
Goo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 295 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 05, 22:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love that moment RIGHT before you go to bed . . . when you're so tired, and you're so comfy and warm. I also love it when you finish something you've been meaning to do for awhile - and you're happy with the results. Whether it's cleaning your room, or a school project, that feeling of accomplishment makes it all worthwhile.

Playful as a pussycat.
Yogurt user not visiting Queenzone.com
Yogurt
Royalty: 1927 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 05, 22:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Drinking milk right after you brush your teeth is a good feeling.
Also when you hear someone say the words you have been waiting for them to say for such a long time.
Also the feeling of accoplishment.
Oh yeah! And when you go to sleep, It feels good to sleep warm in your blanket all cuddled up and the environment is cold.

I don't swim in your toilet, so don't pee in my pool!

Bob The Shrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bob The Shrek
Deity: 4014 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 09:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Shooting birds.

Cleveland May 24 to June 4th 2007 - I came, I saw, I fucked off home again.
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 09:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well I was just getting ready to say how wonderful and refreshing this topic was until I read that Green Guy's reply!! ;)

Ironically though I've found myself on numerous occasions wanting to shoot birds after I've had my car washed only to find it shit on the very next day!! Bastards. I've got a very good aim with my little .22.

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 11:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Steak, Chips n onion rings, Mmmmmm.

Chom own mudder fukker.
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 11:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lisser wrote:

Well I was just getting ready to say how wonderful and refreshing this topic was until I read that Green Guy's reply!! ;)

Ironically though I've found myself on numerous occasions wanting to shoot birds after I've had my car washed only to find it shit on the very next day!! Bastards. I've got a very good aim with my little .22.

I don't think Janet would like to hear that from you Lisser, ha ha ha.

Although I don't know for sure if Janet loves only exotic birds, but also those annoying pigeons who shit on people's cars.
I hate it when they decide to drop their bombs on your car like it was Pearl Harbor (especially right after you finish washing your car.)

Yet still I love animals. Can't blame them for satisfying their needs.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 11:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To me there's nothing better than when my girlfriend gives me a massage on my back.

Now I need one more than ever, because ever since I got sick my whole body starts aching whenever I sneeze or cough. I seriously would kill for a massage right now.
However, I told her not to come around since I don't want her to get sick because of me.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Lisser

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 12:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know I better hide from Janet for a bit!! I'd never shoot an exotic bird though for shitting on my car. They are gorgeous enough to get away with it.

I've had a few of them...first I had a conure, then an orange winged amazon. We had to find a new home for the oranged winged (his name was Poncho) bc after I went off to university and my mom started working more (my dad always traveled for work so he wasn't home a lot) he got very upset no one was ever home. Whenever we were home all he would do was screech at us unless we were paying him attention. Demanding little bugger ay?

Btw, we never knew if Poncho was a girl or a boy, but we "made" him our little boy. The vet said the only way you could tell if Poncho was female or male was surgically. There was no need to do that.

NJ!!!

Janet

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 12:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOL!! Don't worry Lisser, I'm not gonna hunt you down! ;-)

You're right about the surgical sexing of most parrots, there is no visible difference between males and females of most parrots species, though there are a few exceptions (one being the Eclectus Parrot. Males are a beautiful emerald green, females are bright red and blue). There are some easier ways to go about the sexing now, an avian vet will either pull a blood feather, or clip the toenail to get a drop of blood, and the bird can be dna sexed. I actually watched the vet surgically sex a couple of my birds years ago when I was breeding them. It was fascinating. :-)

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 13:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I remember taking the first parrot I've ever had to the vet to determine his/her sex. All the vet did was look at the poop hole, and then he said it was female.

I wonder now if he was bullshiting me.

Janet

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 13:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What type of parrot was it?

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 13:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It was a little bit smaller than a Quaker, but without the gray colors on the chest.

I don't think it was a Quaker. I think once someone told me what kind of breed it was, but that was when I was like 9 years old and I can't remember.

Janet

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 13:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hmmm...maybe a dusky conure? Anyway, I've seen experienced avian vets who could "guess" at sex just by observing subtle differences in plumage, size, etc (because of constant observation), but since parrots sex organs are not external, I have no idea what he thought he'd see by looking at the rear end ;-)

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 13:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It really beats me Janet.

I'm still very curious to find out what kind of parrot was that, and I don't think it was a dusky conure, since they have a brownish colored head, but mine was almost completely green (only the long feathers on his wings were yellowish green).

When I had love birds I was able to determine which one was the male or the female because you would see who was on top and who was at the bottom whenever they started getting it on...

...well, that unless I had gay lovebirds.

Janet

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 13:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My lovebirds are both male and they get it on all the time ;-)

*edit...Sometimes you can tell lovebirds by the way they sit. The male will stand up tall on the perch, while the female lovebird will often appear to be squat, or as if their feet are set wider apart.

Lisser

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 13:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOL!!!

That is interesting to know about the DNA thing for birds now. Is that expensive? We never really cared if Poncho was a boy or a girl, we knew we wouldn't breed him.

That bird you mentioned Janet, the Eclectus (sp?), I think I know which one you are talking about, do they have sort of odd shaped beaks? Kind of more rounded? I LOVE those birds!! Aren't they the most expensive type of parrot? I don't know much about exotic birds. I think I heard that the African Grey is the best talker, then the Amazons?

One thing is for sure, they are all gorgeous!!

NJ!!!