Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Your feedback on what YOU would like to see from Queen Productions

forum rss feed
Author

Deacons 1st Choice user not visiting Queenzone.com
Deacons 1st Choice
Bohemian: 603 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Jan 05, 22:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well thought i might venture out and begin a 'serious" discussion thread about a topic that has been at the forefront on many a mind these past few weeks...Queen Productions.

As a entity, it has been getting a lot of slings and arrows lately for not being there for the publics needs and wants.

So here is my question to you all:

What would YOU as a serious Queen Fan like to see come foreward from Queen Productions?

Now let's try to see some good answers...and not just the obvious like "The Box Set" or "Freddie's unreleased tracks" and such.

I'm talking about stuff you would love to own, see, or have a say in. I mean ideas you have for items you know the Fans as a whole have been clamouring YEARS for.

I'm interested to see what everyone thinks..

For example, would you like to see "Live at The Bowl" released as a special collectors vinyl album?

How about a certain live concert or performance?

i personally think it's high time we saw the dvd release of all of the various solo videos made by the Band...that would be terrific! It could easily be done..or at least it seems it could be.

What are you feelings about the current situation regarding releases...or lack of them?

Again, i'm attempting to start a hot topic that will get people talking and possibly excited by sharing their thoughts on all things Queen.

Another thing i would love to see out someday is Brian's long rumoured biography. I hope he gets around to it....i know it would be a fasinating read!

How about you? What would you like to see from QP?

Feel free to make up a list..i'll put mine up in a few days.

Let's hear what everyone has to say!

Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 05, 22:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would love to see the box sets - or at least some definitive word on when they're coming out! But a biography by Brian would be great, and so would more live DVDs. And I can't wait for GVH 3 to be released, too.

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

Deacons 1st Choice user not visiting Queenzone.com
Deacons 1st Choice
Bohemian: 603 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 05, 22:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Interesting you should mention that Gunpower...

I have wondered why the GVH3 is so anxiously being awaited.

Tell me, why are so many Fans looking forward to it? Is it because the "No One But You" video will be on it or is it something else that i'm not thinking of at the moment?

Yes, some news on the Box Set would be lovely...and i'm sure that is at the top of the "Want List" to QP.

What else does everyone want to see??

Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 05, 22:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

About the GVH DVDs, I love hearing Brian and Roger's comments on the videos. They just add an interesting dimension, and I love hearing Roger complaining! Then again, GVH 1 was better because their comments were recorded together and not completely separately like on GVH 2. And I'm looking forward to seeing how they handle GVH 3, like what videos are ultimately chosen and what kind of bonus material it has.

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

akindofmagic user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 769 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 05, 23:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

NOt very original for my own, but i want the box sets, GVH3, Freddie's unrealesed tracks(re-worked) and , of course, a new album with brand new songs!

djaef user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 887 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 05, 23:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

- The Box sets!!

- Live at the Rainbow 74 on DVD. This concert deserves complete restoration and release. It's a pity that the chances of this release are probably next to none.

- Hammersmith 79 on DVD - now this one maybe has better chances. Have they got good audio and footage of the entire concert? This era deserves a dvd release.

- A multi-dvd live anthology set. I figure there are lots of concerts they have good footage of that will never see the light of day as a stand alone release (think of the mic problems at Earls court 77 for example). So why not do a job on them like Led Zeppelin did.

- A definitive 'authorised' dvd documentary - NOT made by the Torpedo jokers, who make crap films. Just look at the recent Killer Queen doco. Now imagine a doco that used ALL of Queen's resources and private footage. It could be awesome and it's long overdue. Instead we have others beating them to the punch with crap like Becoming Queen etc.

- ALL the albums on dvd-a.

- Brian's biography would be interesting reading indeed, as would Roger's.

- GH3 with decent extras and commentary.

- Did I say the box sets?!

djaef - Queen fan since 1678, after the Dorog concert!
Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6375 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 02:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

News of the World era (or earlier) concert DVD

The Box Sets

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
zanotti user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 17 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 03:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A cd of number ones like the beatles, but it would have to be worldwide. Also a new double dvd of new Queen+Paul Rodgers gig on one disc and a new Queen story doco with new intervieiws from Brian, Rog and John. No more Doro docos though, too much old stuff, Champions of the world was all over the place didnt tell the story of Queen at all.

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 03:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All of what they have + John Deacon

LivingGirl user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 242 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 04:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ALL unreleased dvd live concerts

...and PLEASE,region free formats coz it's difficult to find ones that I can watch here.

ki o tsukete ne!take care!
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 07:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A DVD from forthcoming tour... :)
The rest had been said before me, but NOTW Tour DVD and Kampuchea gig are top of my list.

gabriel79 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 313 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 08:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i agree,a dvd from the forthcoming tour plus the box fuckin set plus a dvd from the notw era and a new may+taylor+rodgers album(hopefully not a live one)

bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 15:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

CD/DVD release of:

a News Of The World 1977 America show (if possible)

Hyde Park 1976

Hammersmith 1975 - the beeb filmed this for "The Old Grey Whistle Test", so why hasn't QP brought this out yet?

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 15:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

re-integrate with the fan club.

re: GVH3 - th ereason I'd buy it would be the surround mixes.

~Blue_Acid~ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 117 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 16:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would like to see a Queen movie...like hollywood style but without hollywood's twists. I think that would be really cool.

"Im going to pull an Elvis Costello, but the chorus of this song goes What the hell are we fighting for..."

-Brian May 3/20/06 Pittsburgh @ the Mellon Arena before Hammer To Fall
~Blue_Acid~ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 117 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 16:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bam Bam I have Earls Court 77, but its very bad quality. Sound fades in and out and so does the color.

"Im going to pull an Elvis Costello, but the chorus of this song goes What the hell are we fighting for..."

-Brian May 3/20/06 Pittsburgh @ the Mellon Arena before Hammer To Fall
newcastle 86! 16483 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 639 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 17:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

all of the above are non mass marktetable so all are dead in the water much to my sadness as id love to have a decent copy of em all! (wouldnt we all)

martinjkstones
My Melancholy Blues user not visiting Queenzone.com
My Melancholy Blues
Royalty: 1039 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 18:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

-Rainbow '74
-Hammersmith '75
-Hyde Park '76
-Earl's Court '77
-Houston '77
-Hammersmith '79

And if any, other rare live numbers such as "Hangman" which has never been released and "See What A Foll I've Been" which was rarely played.

Je vais bien.

Estoy bien.
foxxy_moron user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 618 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 18:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have watched Live At The Rainbow in 74' on the computer but I would really like it as a dvd because the visual quality is a bit... not good. lol

~_*-+_Let us cling together as the years go by..._+-*_~
Oszmercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 229 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 18:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, I'll like to see footage from the early years, rainbow of course, hammersmith in 1975 and 1979, some from the american tour from 1977, why not, some footage from argentina, there's a lot of stuff, I think that Brian has a lot of videos, live, in studio, private, well, it will be amazin imo.

Hyde Park, some footage from japan in 1975, some says that it exist. I think that we have a lot of official realases from the 80's its time to have new stuff from the 70's, early or late.

Loser in the end!!!