Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > What does Queen mean to you?

forum rss feed
Author

Introducing_Christina Lauren user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 92 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 16:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We've had some odd topics lately and it's made me wonder what queen and queen's music meto the fans on this site.
~Christina~

To me queen is a good time listening to wonderful music made by brillant musicians.

"once upon a midnight dreary, while i pondered, weak and weary"

-EAP

We miss you freddie, darling!:)
Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 16:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Theyve made a massive difference to my life. Im a loyal fan, I dont agree with what theyre up to at the minute, but I will always love the music and the legacy they left when Freddie died. Queen 2005 isnt Queen.

Chom own mudder fukker.
RohemianBapsody user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 560 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 18:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen were musically a major part of my life as I intitially got into them due to Bo Rap. It was both the song and the video that got me hooked.

I saw then in concert from 78-86 and had their music played at my wedding (You take My Breath Away).

When I heard of Freddies death it felt like my "childhood" had finished. I suppose due to the longevity that I had followed them.

Strangest concert I went to was the Aids Awareness in 1992 due to the fact I was going to see "Queen" play live again, but without Freddie.

Best, most recent time was at Astoria at 10th Anniversary of Freddie's Death. When Brian and Roger came on stage the place errupted; just like the "Good Old Days"

Keep Good Company
foxxy_moron user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 618 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 19:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen means everything to me... :)

~_*-+_Let us cling together as the years go by..._+-*_~
Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 20:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen for me are something I know I can always depend on. Everything in life is always constantly changing, but at the end of the day, there's the music to come back to. They also made me realize how great music can be, and ended up leading me to a bunch of different artists. If I had never discovered Queen, I'd probably have never gotten interested in anything other than whatever I heard on the radio.

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

foxxy_moron user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 618 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 20:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gunpowder Gelatine wrote:

Queen for me are something I know I can always depend on. Everything in life is always constantly changing, but at the end of the day, there's the music to come back to. They also made me realize how great music can be, and ended up leading me to a bunch of different artists. If I had never discovered Queen, I'd probably have never gotten interested in anything other than whatever I heard on the radio.

you are so right!!!!!!!!

~_*-+_Let us cling together as the years go by..._+-*_~
Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 22:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MarchOfTheDirtQueen wrote:

Took the words right outta my mouth. Good post Gelatine... (the first good one in a while actually...)

I know, it's great to see a post that isn't related to sex like they all seem to be lately!

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 14 Jan 05, 03:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Introducing_Christina Lauren wrote:

What does Queen mean to you?
Oodles. ;)

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
Melancholy Blues user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 205 posts

Posted: 14 Jan 05, 04:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gunpowder Gelatine wrote:

i agree, they are like the old friend that is always there for you and always knows exactly what to say.

I want to break free from your lies you're so self satisfied I don't need you
Regor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 364 posts

Posted: 14 Jan 05, 08:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Their music accompanies me since I was 10 - now I'm 28...
All the highs and lows are somehow connected to a song, a phrase, a line. When I am down, they lift me up. When I am drowning in self-pity (which sometimes is just a part of life) they bring sweet comfort into the melancholy. And when I am happy, they make me smile even more. They were the first to show me that music is more than just a catchy tune - it can touch your soul.

Guten Tag und Guten Abend !!! We had a great time in Cologne. Drinking beer in the sunshine beside the Mighty Rhein brought back many memories for me..... (Brian May, 2004)
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 14 Jan 05, 08:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm a musician. A vocalist. They were my heroes when I was 10. They inspired me, and with some albums- they still do...

brian_may_wannabe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 560 posts

Posted: 14 Jan 05, 10:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Without Queen, I'm nothing. The band represents what music should sound like.

daniel.hughes

made_in_heaven (thats_what_they_day)
enoky user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 12 posts

Posted: 14 Jan 05, 19:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To me it means the wife of a King.

Also, a wonderful British band.

1quen_fan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 339 posts

Posted: 15 Jan 05, 01:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen means a lot to me because, when I am in a bad mood,or have a bad day, I go and listen to Queen and feel better!:)

Fuck them darling, if they just don't get.

- Freddie Mercury
Monte: Liquorice Years user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 674 posts

Posted: 15 Jan 05, 04:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen were the start of music for me. I didnt really like any other music until i heard Queen. OK, when i was 9 i like Blink 182, but thats because my friends did! i was a follower, not a leader then.

They opened up so many "new" bands to me:INXS, Beatles, Who, AC/DC and the list goes on! But Queen will always be my number one.

And because of them, i finally want to learn the guitar and drums!! i was offered when i was 12 or something, but i was into rap then...so it wasnt "cool" and i couldnt be bothered!

Cheer up emo kid!

LivingGirl user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 242 posts

Posted: 15 Jan 05, 05:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For me,Queen is my inspiration and bridge to my family.Whenever I listen to Queen music,I remember the times when me and my brothers were watching Queen's videos saying like this,like that...it makes me smile.

ki o tsukete ne!take care!
frida365 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 16 posts

Posted: 15 Jan 05, 17:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This could be heaven for everyone....
DoctorNine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 213 posts

Posted: 15 Jan 05, 23:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

foxxy_moron wrote:

Queen means everything to me... :)

Well said.

enoky wrote:

To me it means the wife of a King.

Also, a wonderful British band.

Very funny! No, really. It's funny.

"What has it cost you? What have you won? The sins of the fathers are the sins of the sons; it was always within you, it will always continue, and it shouldn't surprise you at all." ~B. Joel
chiflaco user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 16 Jan 05, 00:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As a musician, they've influenced me greatly. I consider them my fav band of all time. Even when my interest declined in them sometime in the mid-90's, I couldn't escape the fact that Brian May inspired me to learn guitar. I also learned a great deal about composing and music theory from their work.