Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Queen Movie (Hollywood Style)

forum rss feed
Author

~Blue_Acid~ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 117 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 16:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Id like to know what people would think of a Queen movie Hollywood style without the "twists" hollywood places on it

"Im going to pull an Elvis Costello, but the chorus of this song goes What the hell are we fighting for..."

-Brian May 3/20/06 Pittsburgh @ the Mellon Arena before Hammer To Fall
flash00 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 137 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 18:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i'd love to see a queen movie only if its a big mult-million pound movie, not some cheap uk production,
i mean queen were the most extravigant band out there, i read some where freddie made elton john look like a wall flower in terms of extravigance.

pssttt....
foxxy_moron user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 618 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 05, 18:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I honestly dont know if they could really make a movie out of a band..
They did well for Thunderstruck (AC\DC fan movie) but what would they do with Queen? I dont think a documentary movie would go very far and they cant copy Thunderstruck..

~_*-+_Let us cling together as the years go by..._+-*_~
MercuryArts user not visiting Queenzone.com
MercuryArts
Bohemian: 839 posts

Posted: 14 Jan 05, 10:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MarchOfTheDirtQueen wrote:

Man, I always get just a little bit worried about these biopicflicks, they always either go a little overboard or they don't tell the whole truth. My personal 'favourite' is when they make people out to be complete assholes when the people weren't necessarily as awful at all. :S

Like when Oliver Stone made the Doors movie all those years ago? He made Morrison look like a total jerk off! Everyone including the band hated Jim's depiction in the movie. IT was totally one sided.

"Take care of those you call your own"
7Innuendo7 user not visiting Queenzone.com
7Innuendo7
Bohemian: 816 posts

Posted: 14 Jan 05, 18:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Two maybe three good scriptwriters and a ton of focus meetings and gallons of Sierra Mist soda and pounds of salted peanuts later, maybe the world will have something about the early struggles, highlights like Bo Rhap, WWRY, breaking big in Japan, AOBTD, South America, conflict over South Afryka, Live Aid triumph, Magic Tour, controversey Miracle/Innuendo years,Tribute/MIH, close curtain. Sprinkle with cameo quotes like Magic Years vhs.

It would be interesting for Penelope Spheeris to direct, since she did Wayne's World and Decline of Western Civilization.

When a red hot man meets a white hot lady, Hoop Diddy Diddy, Hoop Diddy Doo!
Melancholy Blues user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 205 posts

Posted: 14 Jan 05, 20:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

if 'hollywood' made a movie about queen they would probably make most of it up to be a 'good' movie. they would make freddie and john lovers and make most of it about freddie's sexuality aswell as lots of rreferences to other famous people. i doubt they would focus on their music and give an accurate account of the band.

I want to break free from your lies you're so self satisfied I don't need you
nibznik user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 326 posts

Posted: 14 Jan 05, 20:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

instead of a hollywood movie, maybe a miniseries like the jackson five and temptation minis, temptations was very good

"I am Jack The Pumpkin King!" - Jack The Pumpkin King
DoctorNine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 213 posts

Posted: 20 Jan 05, 21:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color = "crimson">ThomasQuinn wrote:

I have a perfect Freddie-actor, he played in the movie 'Dangerous Minds': Wade Dominguez, you can see (a pretty lousy, watch the movie) picture here:

http://www.aveleyman.com/ActorsD/P00031129.HTML

WOAH! In my opinion, he looks almost EXACTLY like him! (But notice I said ALMOST...)

What does he sound like?

"What has it cost you? What have you won? The sins of the fathers are the sins of the sons; it was always within you, it will always continue, and it shouldn't surprise you at all." ~B. Joel
Sicmot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 373 posts

Posted: 20 Jan 05, 23:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ill ask my hollywood contacts to shift the production to USa

God created man from dust, man replied with sin and lust..