Forums > Personal > 24hr Drinking.

forum rss feed
Author

Brimon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 571 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Jan 05, 19:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Shortly in the UK, the government will be introducing a law which will allow pubs to open 24 hours a day.

Personally, I think this is a very bad idea.

My reason being that, the British are just too stupid, to handle it sensibly.

What do you think?

Megamike The GREAT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2264 posts

Posted: 16 Jan 05, 19:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What, that the British are too stupid.. or that they can't handle it.. ;-)

myself I go for the can't handle it.. because I already KNOW about the stupid remark. lol

myself, it dont matter one way or the other, I can't drink anymore

My Brothers and Sisters all hated me 'cause I was an only child...

-Weird Al (Generic Blues)

I gave up on books when 'To Kill A Mockingbird' gave me no useful advice on how to kill a mockingbird.
DeaconJohn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 253 posts

Posted: 16 Jan 05, 19:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree.

People cannot be trusted unfortunatley. 24 hour pubs will cause alot of problems.

The one and only DeaconJohn - As seen on page 81 of the Q Magazine Queen special.
Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 16 Jan 05, 22:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=purple>Miss James wrote:

Aren't there enough problems with drunk driving and such as it is...?
There's NEVER enough. ;)

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
Monte: Liquorice Years user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 674 posts

Posted: 16 Jan 05, 23:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wooo! i think thats a great idea (being the alcoholic i am). Now, (well, when i move to England)i can get drunk before and after work!! and be drunk all day! wooo!

Cheer up emo kid!

dragonzflame user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2456 posts

Posted: 17 Jan 05, 16:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Still, 11pm closing is a joke. That's part of the binge-drinking problem in Britain, that people feel they have to get as pissed as possible before closing, leading to the widely documented hooliganism. Maybe if they know they can have as long as they want it might help.

When life hands you lemons, add vodka.
thePresence user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 362 posts

Posted: 17 Jan 05, 17:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

so, how good is the booze to keep it going for 24hrs?

-"BETTER TO BURP AND TASTE IT THAN TO FART AND WASTE IT!"

- FOUR WORDS:"MMM, DAT PEEL GOOD!"

-"GOT FRUIT?"

-QUEEN RULES! ANY QUESTIONS?

Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 17 Jan 05, 18:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

dragonzflame wrote:

Still, 11pm closing is a joke. That's part of the binge-drinking problem in Britain, that people feel they have to get as pissed as possible before closing, leading to the widely documented hooliganism. Maybe if they know they can have as long as they want it might help.

My sentiments exactly! I could not agree more. I must admit, im a binge drinker. I like to go out and feel 'merry' but I hate rushing to get like that!

Chom own mudder fukker.
Bob The Shrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bob The Shrek
Deity: 4014 posts

Posted: 17 Jan 05, 18:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the time is immaterial - if a pub closed at 4am, people would just come out later and binge drink at closing - I have seen it enough. A pub is open from 11am-11pm, that is plenty of time to get merry, pissed or kill yourself with alcohol poisoning.

All this law will do is increase the cost of alcohol, to cover the extra costs involved - utility bills, staff wages etc.

Cleveland May 24 to June 4th 2007 - I came, I saw, I fucked off home again.
Brimon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 571 posts

Posted: 17 Jan 05, 19:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

dragonzflame wrote:

I do understand your point, and I do hope that you're right but I do'nt see any evidence to assume so.
You just have to look at the Brit abroad, where there is 24 hour drinking. Their one main objective is to to get to the nearest British pub, have their steak and kidney pie, and get as paralytic as is humanely possible.
This is of course a broad generalization but it is one which we are tarnished with.

Regardless of what time a pub shuts, the mentality of young people in this country is to get as drunk as possible and as quickly as they can. We are not like our foreign friends, who in the main can enjoy a drink in a civilised manner. Oh no, we have to drop our trousers, throw up, urinate in the street, start a fight, and sing , "get your tits out for the lads", to which the women normally oblige.

Now if the government were to decide to raise the legal age limit from 18 to 21, then I do feel this could have an effect on the problems of drink related problems in this country.