Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > who agrees with me on this one.....

forum rss feed
Author

farokh546 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 38 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Jan 05, 18:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why are Brian and Roger still calling the band "Queen" when there are only the two of them. Shouldn't they rename themselves something else ? It doesnt seem fair to Freddie since he namedd the band andis now dead............

doyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Zander05 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Zander05
Bohemian: 860 posts

Posted: 18 Jan 05, 19:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian and Roger make up 2/4 of Queen and they were a group. Freddie did say once that he wasn't the general. Bri and Rog have as much a right to use it now as they did then.

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6327 posts

Posted: 18 Jan 05, 20:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As Fred wisely said in 1977, if one of them, any of them, left the band, it`d be the end of Queen.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
LadyMoonshineDown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 894 posts

Posted: 18 Jan 05, 20:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

farokh546 wrote:

Why are Brian and Roger still calling the band "Queen" when there are only the two of them. Shouldn't they rename themselves something else ? It doesnt seem fair to Freddie since he namedd the band andis now dead............

doyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Ugh.
Enough already.

I have been gone for a couple of days to know that this topic is STILL redundant.

So now we know that yet another person is harping about the usage of the name 'Queen.'
So what else is new?
Cheers

"Today I saw an American flag flying at full mast and I was reassured--I knew someone....somewhere....was alive."
1quen_fan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 339 posts

Posted: 18 Jan 05, 20:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree with you.Not that I don't support their tour. It's their band, but it's not Queen.

Fuck them darling, if they just don't get.

- Freddie Mercury
Mate Filipovic user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 18 posts

Posted: 18 Jan 05, 20:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It seems to me that you all look at this matter in a wrong way.

Freddie is dead (God bless his soul) - so it can't hurt him if other members are still active under the "Queen" name.
BUT - ONLY if Queen are Brian, Roger AND JOHN - no more, no less. Three of them - THEY ARE STILL QUEEN. Brian and Roger also have great voices - so they can sing just like they did in the "No-one but you", or in all those old songs with their vocal insted of Freddie's.
But if only Brian and Roger decide to use the name "Queen" - together with some other lead singer and bass player - it's their shame - in my humble opinion.

"I'm not going to be one of those old hams that keeps going on and on. I'd rather leave it at the top."
- Freddie Mercury
Enough said. Brian and Roger should follow that simple (but great) philosophy - and just leave it... at the top.

farokh546 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 38 posts

Posted: 18 Jan 05, 21:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hate to break it to you but Roger sounds like he sings while choking on a pork rind. KING FREDDIE MAY YOU REST IN PEACE

Posted: 18 Jan 05, 21:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

farokh546 wrote:

Hate to break it to you but Roger sounds like he sings while choking on a pork rind. KING FREDDIE MAY YOU REST IN PEACE

May he rest in peace without people obsessing over him. *sigh*
Cheers

"Today I saw an American flag flying at full mast and I was reassured--I knew someone....somewhere....was alive."
goinback user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 997 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 05, 00:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Actually I was looking at tickets or something online recently, and I'm thinking they said "Queen + Paul Rodgers" which should hopefully put this whole "they shouldn't call themselves Queen" thing to rest finally.

Now as for finding a replacement for that stupid "+" sign that I hate, apparently I won't get my wish on that one :)

"I have no time for Time magazine. Or Rolling Stone." Jethro Tull
Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6373 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 05, 01:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Too many fans are cutting off their nose to spite their face because of their rigid dogmatic belief that Queen died when Freddie died

Supply and Demand economics ...

The Queen tour sells better than a Brian & Roger tour. The target audience wants a Queen tour regardless of the bassist or the lead vocalist. Get over it.

It could be worse ...

Maybe in 5 or 10 years when the musical has faded, when Brian and Roger are retired and when the money for making commercials has dried up ...

... maybe Doug Bogie could acquire the rights to the Queen name and reform Queen with whoever he could scrounge up.

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
RohemianBapsody user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 560 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 05, 03:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Even Elizabeth who lives at Buckingham Palace is calling herself Queen now ..... is this never ending.

Keep Good Company
goinback user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 997 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 05, 03:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hah!

"I have no time for Time magazine. Or Rolling Stone." Jethro Tull
bellydancer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 246 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 05, 04:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Okay I can see both sides of the argument however I just recently viewed an "unofficial" biography DVD where Brian basically says that Queen no longer existed as such (obviously post Freddie's death) and that they all wished Queen would be the way that it was.

Now the other thing is that Brian and Roger are can we say "mature aged" gentleman and if this was not such a sensitive point with them, that is if they really felt in their hearts that what they were doing was true to the Queen name so to speak then how come every person who brings up such a point on Brian's website gets ripped to shreds by him? If it were the case that they really felt completely confident in their endeavours as "Queen" shouldn't they not give a rats ass about anyone's criticism? Me thinks he doth protest TOO much.

"Everybody knows that rock attained perfection in 1974-its a scientific fact" Homer Simpson
Melancholy Blues user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 205 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 05, 07:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i have no problem with roger and brian touring, it will probably be good for them, i just don't think it should be under the name of queen. if they have a new frontman and will obviously need a new bassist, then they should think of a new name, even if it is some lame queen rip-off like 'the champions' or something. the queen is dead, long live the queen!

I want to break free from your lies you're so self satisfied I don't need you
Mate Filipovic user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 18 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 05, 13:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

RohemianBapsody wrote:

Even Elizabeth who lives at Buckingham Palace is calling herself Queen now ..... is this never ending.

:))))) Brilliant! :)))))

QUEENROCKS_1991 user not visiting Queenzone.com
QUEENROCKS_1991
Bohemian: 260 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 05, 14:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All them SONGS they wrote belong to QUEEN so they stay as QUEEN

THE SHOW MUST GO ON
Scirocco1977 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 533 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 05, 15:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm just wondering: What if they would be calling the tour "Brian May & Roger Taylor & that Free/ Bad Company Dude" tour... would people complain and say it should have been a Queen + tour?

I don't give a rat's ass how the show is called. As long as I can show my grandchildren a concert ticket which says Queen, I am a lucky old grandpa. Coming to think of it, I should make a baby now...

Keep 'em mowing blades sharp!

Posted: 19 Jan 05, 20:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QUEENROCKS_1991 wrote:

All them SONGS they wrote belong to QUEEN so they stay as QUEEN

And boo hoo to you too.
Wow, that rhymed a little too much if you ask me.
Anyway, let me clarify that statement before someone gets the wrong idea and thinks that I am being a heartless bitch. *Note: I can be a heartless bitch, but at that particular moment, I wasn't trying to do so.*

Who......cares.....?????
Oh yea, you guys do. And really, you shouldn't have to. If it bothers you, then write an editorial so you feel like others care when they read it.
Let Brian and Roger screw up anyway they want, okay? We don't really have a say in it.
Cheers

Shvili user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 54 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 05, 20:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yet another Queen cover band. That’s all

Nothing really matters in the end.
Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 20 Jan 05, 15:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

farokh546 wrote:

doyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Not again, it's a Queen Tour, with music from Queen. Brian and Roger are the founders of Queen, it's okay by me.

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."