Forums > Personal > How DVDs for TV shows should be done...

forum rss feed
Author

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jan 05, 17:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Second post today, I know. Bear with me.

For those of you who know your comedy and enjoy shows about nothing, pick up "Seinfeld", which was released two months ago on DVD. For those of you know don't know what the show is, it was created by Jerry Seinfeld in 1989 and ran for nine seasons on NBC. It was so well-written that it became insanely popular, and several of its catchphrases were integrated into modern day American society.

Anyway, it took quite a few years for the DVDs to come out, and it was definitely worth the wait. Every disc - four discs per package, four or five episodes per disc - contains production notes that are played as subtitles while the episode is running, which explains certain scenarios, definitions, and so forth; outtakes and bloopers that are absolutely hilarious; behind-the-scenes documentaries; commentaries; exclusive stand-up material...really, each disc is jam-packed with bonus material, despite the first three seasons being the worst.

Every worthwhile TV show should be released on DVD exactly like this (my preferences would be "NewsRadio" and "Scrubs", the former of which is apparently getting the same treatment, THANK GOD), as it's just so much excellent and worthwhile information for the fan who wants it all.

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 20 Jan 05, 18:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So many shows coming out on DVD, but sadly a lot of shitty ones like 'The Dukes Of Hazard', and 'Gilligan's Island' are already out, while great shows like 'The Wonder Years' and 'The Cosby Show' have been long waited to have a release.

However, I'm very happy that McGyver is being released on DVD. I remember not missing a single episode of that show when I was a kid.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 20 Jan 05, 18:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

McGyver was the best action show of the 80s.

While most 80s action shows were nothing but cliches of shootings with no one killed or injured (very realistic indeed, isn't it?), McGyver was about this action hero who used no guns, but instead based all his skill on pure intelligence which he used to creat all kinds of gadgets.

You don't know how many cool things I learned from watching that show... and yes, a Swiss army knife would truly come in handy for all the McGyver fans.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
SergeantPepperDG user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1725 posts

Posted: 20 Jan 05, 18:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They should come out with a DVD box set of "Power Rangers."

Or maybe not...

Kay Adams Corleone- The ultimate desperate housewife
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 20 Jan 05, 19:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="whitesmoke">bambam wrote:

Ever try the chocolate-bar-and-sulfuric-acid trick?

LOL... I can't remember than one, but I'm sure it's worth the try.

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 20 Jan 05, 20:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I once saw an episode of McGyver where he made a rocket launcher out of bamboo.

Good stuff! I loved McGyver!!!

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 20 Jan 05, 20:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well while not as impressed with Seinfeld at all I was quite pleased with the Red Dwarf DVD's that have been coming out every 10 months. Yeah...Bob Dole!

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 20 Jan 05, 21:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It was watching MacGyver where I learned that farts were flammable.