Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Queen vs. Skynyrd

forum rss feed
Author

tymd user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 82 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 02:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry, I couldn't resist.Some take this discussion waaaaay too seriously.A little humor never killed anyone-that I know of.PEACE

jc
foxxy_moron user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 618 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 02:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

skynyrd are cool! but u know..
Queen are better, as ud expect me to say

~_*-+_Let us cling together as the years go by..._+-*_~
GiantSpider user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 345 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 05:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow Skynyrd. Next we will be saying: whos better? Roger or Ringo?

James

pma user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3462 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 12:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ah, the good old "Skynyrd were racists for this and that reason"-blah blah blah type of queenzone-stepford ignorance smelling in the air once again. It never smells good, just looks ridiculous.

Oh hell, why do I even bother? This topic has been discussed before. (everyone can use search)

"I think now I can make love to your anus without making God angry"

ægishjalmur user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 66 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 12:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

skynyrd???

Ægishjálmur
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 14:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

skynyrd were a good band - but ultimately they were redneck-racist-bigots - if you ever get to hear Roger's account of the first european tour with them it's pretty hot stuff. he really didn't like them at all.
following is from Mojo magazine April 2004:

Roger Taylor on Lynyrd Skynyrd:

"what were they like?, they were awful. they were southern rednecks and they couldn't believe it when they sawthe four of us caked in makeup and dressed like women. they were outraged, confused and a little frightened, because four nancy boys were giving them a run for their money on stage. in fact, there were actually people from their record company who would stand in the audience holding up banners that said things like 'shit', and 'queen suck'. Things could be unbelievably petty back then - they paid people to heckle us! God Lynyrd Skynyrd. They were arseholes, frankly. When they played that song Freebird it seemed to go on for hours. As i remember they had three lead guitarists. Hmmm, well we only seemed to need one. Absolute arseholes. Later on they had that terrible plane crash, didn't they? Shouldn't speak ill of the dead....bollocks to that!"

go deo na h√Čireann
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 14:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

linda skinda - you shouldn't correct people and spell it wrong yourself

it is

LYNYRD SKYNYRD

as in www.lynyrdskynyrd.com

and there's still NINE of the bastards

go deo na h√Čireann
7Innuendo7 user not visiting Queenzone.com
7Innuendo7
Bohemian: 816 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 15:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I had the misfortune of seeing LS open for ZZ Top in 1999. What a waste. Of course the Confederate flag represents genocide; a casual study of that regime's practices toward African American and Native AMercians proves the point. If people who complain about Queen playing South Africa had enough journalistic integrity to investigate bands like LS-- just for a nice contrast point in a well-written article, for example-- the difference between Queen and LS would be obvious.

Neil Young got it right about LS. Talented musicians, some good songs, but there are still four dead in OHIO, so wake up.

When a red hot man meets a white hot lady, Hoop Diddy Diddy, Hoop Diddy Doo!
RohemianBapsody user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 560 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 17:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And there some people are moaning about Roger and Brian using the Queen name on tour.

Keep Good Company
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 18:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen Vs Lynard Skynard...

That's like:

Brazil 1970 soccer team Vs. Puerto Rico
Chicago Bulls 1991 Vs. L.A. Clippers
Steven Spielberg Vs. Michael Bay
Tom Hanks Vs. Colin Farrell
Aretha Franklin Vs. Ashlee Simpson

Every thing Roger said about Lynyrd Skynard was right.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 18:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Somehow Skynard gets away without too much trouble for carrying a Confederate flag around for more than 3 decades.
Meanwile, Prince Harry wears an arm band Nazi swastika as a joke for one day (which I still think was wrong), and the whole world is turning against him.

Carrying both flags around is completely wrong. Both of them are symbols or racism, opression, segregation, genocide, and just about every single human right.
At least Prince Harry had the courage enough to admit his huge mistake and apologize.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 21:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lynyrd Skynyrd were admitted rednecks.I posted because I was anticipating the response.Suprisingly more pro Skynyrd post than expected.Could they rock ? Hell yes ! Nobody can argue slavery & racisim are dispicible.Were the band racist? I really don't know ? I do know the Confederate flag was the idea of MCA records in L.A. Skynyrd shows sold out from Japan To Europe.The U.S. fought a very bloody civil war to abolish slavery.Skynyrd was popular in the '70 before political correctness.Does this make it o.k.-no.What amazes me is that many people think the South has a monopoly on hatred and oppression.Slavery and genocide is not restricted to the South-It's happening RIGHT NOW i.e. Sudan & parts of S.E. Asia.Do we know the true beliefs of Skynyrd or any other band? Opression of any human is moraly wrong.To believe it is only in the South is to stick ones' head in the sand.If anybody thinks this post are intended to defend the past sins of the South it is not.Whoever is without sin may cast the 1st stone. Peace

jc
jason_drimalitis user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 21:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Skynard...rubbish, just as everything else that comes out of the Southern United States.

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 21:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ignorance exposed.Do you live in UTOPIA please inform the rest of us where this wonderfull place is . You don't get it, the post was ment to check out the responce of this board.Good and bad among all of us.Hypocrite.

jc
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 22:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Let me remind you guys that black southern culture was the best thing that could ever happened to what has been made of popular music today.

Blacks in the south were the creators of a great variety of music genres including jazz, blues, and R&B which eventually lead to a fussion of all these music styles and gave us an immense variety of popular genres like rock and pop that have changed the world for the past 50 years.

Sadly the hatred towards blacks in the south forced them to take their cultural value to the north, where they established themselves in big cities like New York, Detroit, and Chicago. Their music was far more appreciated there, and they didn't suffer as much the opression of the white population as they did in the south.

As for Lynyrd Skynard they're a disgrace to American music. Not only their music SUCKS, but they might as well carry a Third Reich flag around too, to show what they truly stand for.

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6374 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 22:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So Jingles, should the south be nuked, or is your bigotry overkill?

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 22:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Excuse me, but on which one of my posts did I say that the south should be nuked, or mentioned the justification of violence against all white citizens from the south?

Once against you're making a comment against me based on something I've never stated, so I guess it could only be something personal you have against me.

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6374 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 22:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry - I just assumed that is what you want, given your previous history of bashing the south.

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
OhioBobcat555 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 24 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 22:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Skynyrd suck so bad... this is an insult to Queen to be compared to a crap band.

George Dubya Bush is an international terrorist and the worst president ever...
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 22:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, I'm sorry for criticizing the south, and yes it would be wrong to say that every single white person in the south is a racist, a bigot, or a redneck.

The truth is that the issue with racism today in America, and particularly in the south has in many ways changed for the better since the Civil Rights Movement, but in many other ways it hasn't changed at all.
There's still a lot of hidden bigotry, and racism in America (not only in the south), but if there's something worse going on in the south is the fact that a lot segregation laws, and symbolism of racism and opression (like the confederate flag) hasn't been abolished. Not to mention, that many segregation laws have been aprooved by southern states even after 1963.

If I make any kind of criticism, is because something wrong is still going on after 50 years, and it needs to be stopped.