Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Bootlegging the 2005 gigs or am i being ridiculous?

forum rss feed
Author

Mcm user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 205 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 05:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In the good old days of course, there would probably only be one or two audio bootlegs per show plus maybe, the occasional shaky video. In 2005, we've nearly all got cell-phones that do everything including taking full video. I'll be using a sony ericsson s700i which can record 18 minute chunks of 176*120 video with sound at a cost of 10mb space. I reckon at this rate, allowing for the memory card, i'll have the capacity to record just about two hours of footage - providing the battery lasts out.

Is anyone else gonna be doing anything similar?

It'd be great if everyone shared their footage and perhaps one of the technical genius's on this board could put them all together for our very own 'fans perspective' multi-cam dvd.

Banshee user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 145 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 09:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm betting there will be professional bootleggers in the same room as I. ;)

Zo zachtjes als het regent, de verliefden doet het niets

Laat niemand ze vertellen dat het giet
Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 12:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is there someone in my room??!

;-)))

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 14:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Take a spare phone battery....

We Are The Champions user not visiting Queenzone.com
We Are The Champions
Bohemian: 879 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 05, 10:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=red>Look beyond the Innuendo wrote:

I'm betting that at least 95% of the gigs of this tour will be available on the bootleg circuit.

Bootlegging on this tour is a certainty....and bootlegs will be flying around after Brixton......first Queen related show since 1986 and first UK date and all that.....you bet your life.

We all of us deeply apologise for this god forsaken shit heap of a building...but we will make it rock.

Brian May Wembley Pavilion 11.05.05.
Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 05, 10:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I will describe you how the entrance to Sazka Arena in Prague looks like. Personal search -> metal detector -> another personal search.

Now tell me how the hell am I supposed to bring in my minidisc recorder? They're able to find EVERYTHING.

sexmachine user not visiting Queenzone.com
ready to reload
sexmachine
Bohemian: 466 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 05, 11:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr. Scully wrote:

I will describe you how the entrance to Sazka Arena in Prague looks like. Personal search -> metal detector -> another personal search.

Now tell me how the hell am I supposed to bring in my minidisc recorder? They're able to find EVERYTHING.

hmmm,thanks for this info,because i wanted to bring my equipment too.
so, a possibillity is: hang around at the venue>try to find some people who work there,esp.stage-hands>
ask them to bring your stuff in(and to sell their crew-shirt and workingpass after the show.
does anyone know about the other venues having a metal detector??maybe we shoud make a topic about this.
and ....i have metal in my jeans,zipp buttons so they won´t make me go through the metal detector with my underpants!(where i hide my md)

Picture yourself in a boat on a river with tangerine trees and marmalade skies.

Posted: 24 Jan 05, 12:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Now that's a good one, Scully! Is there anybody that could give that same kind of information about Milan, Frankfurt and Dortmund??

j0ck3 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 155 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 05, 12:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I will defintely bootleg the Stockholm gig wich I will go to. I shall call it "Alright Stockholm" or something like that. Will be distributed via the Queen Hub.

akan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 542 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 05, 12:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i've spoken a lot about the bootleging of the concerts of the 2005 tour but i fear that they'll put metal detectors in all the shows entrances if we keep on talking about the bootlegs eheh

Posted: 24 Jan 05, 12:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You're right! ;-)

PLEASE DELETE TOPIC, YV! ;-)))

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 05, 16:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh yeah, cos the management of the venues will be spending 8 hours a day looking to see what we're planning.....

The answer is to have your "equipment" next to your "equipment", get searched by a female, and tell her when her lights go off that you have some intimate piercings...

FairyKing user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 24 Jan 05, 17:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"any utilization of audio and video recording equipment which is not authorized by the Organizer if forbidden"

Does it include cameras? I wanna make 1000 photos, as I don't have 'luxury' mobile phones and so on...

Any help is much appreciated.

http://queenrodgers.tripod.com

- - -

'sometimes I'm good but when I'm bad I'm even better...

...give me no lip I got enough on my own"
wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 05, 18:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

nope, I know for a fact they dont let you bring camara's in, now days they wont let you bring your cell phone in cuz the pictures you can get, dunno about euroland. Pretty sure how Brian feels about bootlegs, lets see if they allow cell phones.

MY GOD spell it write.

Posted: 24 Jan 05, 18:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gosh...once I used to take a camera look like a kinda cheesburger. I used some paper and things for the package and I menaged to enter a Robert Plant concert like this!

Do you really think i won't be able to enter like that?

What if i take the camera and they say me I can't? can i put it somewhere else and enter?

But..where???

- - -

onevsion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2241 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 05, 20:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The only way queen productions can stop the bootlegging is by doing the same thing Pearl Jam, bjork, metallica and many other bands do: Release it!

Perfect would be:

*Record the shows in excellent soundboard quality
*Put them on their download website in lossless format (FLAC)
*Make them available for download (at a normal price: €5 for a concert)

Of course this will NOT happen...

Taping the show is the answer! There are great new minidisc portables out there... also fantastic battery packs and quite good little stereo omnidirectional microphones... taping a show in an exclellent- quality isn't that impossible.

Brian May loves bootlegs and hates copy control. I don't think queen productions will be that stupid to make taping impossible.

There is nothing wrong with taping or sharing stuff with the FANS. SELLING bootlegs on the otherhand is WRONG! Tapers are doing it for their love of the music. Bootleggers who sell concerts are ripping fans off.

VGB user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 209 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 05, 21:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mcm wrote:

In the good old days of course, there would probably only be one or two audio bootlegs per show plus maybe, the occasional shaky video. In 2005, we've nearly all got cell-phones that do everything including taking full video. I'll be using a sony ericsson s700i which can record 18 minute chunks of 176*120 video with sound at a cost of 10mb space. I reckon at this rate, allowing for the memory card, i'll have the capacity to record just about two hours of footage - providing the battery lasts out.

Is anyone else gonna be doing anything similar?

It'd be great if everyone shared their footage and perhaps one of the technical genius's on this board could put them all together for our very own 'fans perspective' multi-cam dvd.

just fyi 176x120 video is definetly not DVD quality or would look good being transferred to DVD, considering DVD rez is 720x480

I film for a video website and from experience even in the US (where I assuem in some markets they would play smaller venues)Bootlegging would be impossibly hard. Say Queen were to play a 1000 seating theater in the most random place in the US (such as say...Denver, Colorado). Any venue over 1000 people in a small Queen market such as denver will stop you at the door with cam/audio equipment unless you have a pass from the band. You might get away with a well hidden audio recorder, but I wouldnt; take the risk of losing a spot in line to have to go back and put it in my car, casue they venues will not hold them for you.

"the radio's playin Queen, and we're rockin out" - saves the day

Posted: 24 Jan 05, 22:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's bad news...and what about if I just shoot pics? I can't take also my camera right?

- - -

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 05, 23:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey, if people got away with taping the 3rd Harry Potter movie even with all the added security, or in an older case, the Freddie Mercury 2001 gig with BM/RT, I'm sure people will find a way.

"Where there's a will, there's a way"

Mcm user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 205 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 05, 01:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

VGB - you make perfectly sensible and reasonable points on this subject but i really can't see the venues being able to refuse entry to people carrying cell phones. It's a health and safety issue. For most people, a phone is like a lifeline especially for young people in a concert situation where you're potentially miles from home. I'll be discreet with it upon entering but for the UK gigs anyway, I'll create merry hell if they try to prevent me from bringing it into the venue.

I know 176*144(as i have just discovered it to be) is really dreadful quality, but i suppose it's better than nothing. Ducksoup is absolutely correct above - it's a fans thing and not a commercial enterprise.