Forums > Personal > I need a good response to a stupid, nosy question...

forum rss feed
Author

geeksandgeeks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4296 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 11:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm just about sick to death of being asked the same incredibly stupid question once a week, and I haven't been able to think of a reponse that will just make people go away.

Unlike the majority of industrial-nation women, I do not regularly wear a bra. My reasons are very simple: this particular article of clothing makes me feel very uncomfortable and according to the Ann Landers pencil tests I don't need one anyway. I don't do it to draw attention - rather, I usually dress fairly modestly and in several layers. This does not stop me from being regularly accosted by imbeciles (usually female, men don't seem to care) demanding to know why I don't wear a bra. What I feel is a sensible response is inevitably followed up with "But you HAVE to!" or offers to take me to Victoria's Secret after school. Repsonses of "It's really none of your business" generally result in the same people coming back up to me the next day.

Help me out here. It's grinding on my last nerve.

God wants you to send me some money.

"Seven spades doubled, vulnerable, making seven? You BITCH."
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 11:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Why are you staring at my chest anyway?"

Brimon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 571 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 14:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You could tell them you do'nt have to wear a bra because, your breasts are'nt swinging around your ankles.

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 14:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i think it's bloody amazing that a woman of 79 (see your profile) doesn't need a bra

tell em that if they stop fixating on your lack of bra - you'll ignore their VPL (visible panty line)

go deo na h√Čireann
Sonia Doris user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6254 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 14:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

why are bras such a problem now? i sometimes wear one, and other times dont. what's the big fuss about not wearing a bra??? was the women's liberation movement in vain?
(sorry... im a bit angry)

2+2=5
Music Man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2346 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 15:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just say you don't wear a bra because you get more attention when it rains.

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
Megamike The GREAT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2264 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 16:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OH GREAT... Thanks.. Now I wish I was back in School.... YOUR school.... I wore a bra once.. long story.. it was worth it though

My Brothers and Sisters all hated me 'cause I was an only child...

-Weird Al (Generic Blues)

I gave up on books when 'To Kill A Mockingbird' gave me no useful advice on how to kill a mockingbird.
Janet user not visiting Queenzone.com
Janet
Deity: 3937 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 16:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We have time Mike. Go ahead and tell it.

;-)

-If you want the best seat in the house, you have to move the cat.

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 16:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Music Man wrote:

Just say you don't wear a bra because you get more attention when it rains.

Jesus Christ! One of the main benefits is that it tends to keep guys AWAY from my chest!

Personally, I kind of like Lester's response. Thanks, man.

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 17:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mandy
Stick to your guns (no pun intended) and follow those women of the female liberation movements from the 60s. Take all your bras, and burn them. Hahaha, I'm kidding... you should definitely stand by your ideas, but is not necessary to make demonstrations about it.

Besides, who is actually criticizing you for not wearing a bra anyways? If you know for sure that you don't need one and it's what makes you feel comfortable, then why should you wear one anyways. Next time someone makes a comment about it, all you need to say... "It's my chest, not yours and I think you've been staring at it for too long".

I mean some women actually need some support in order to avoid looking like they have boobs of an 80 year old woman, but it is still their bodies and since they're not actually exposing themselves then it doesn't matter what they choose to wear or not. Especially when you have a Gwen Stefani or Cameron Diaz type of rack that doesn't need any support whatsoever.

OK, I might not be a girl and it might seem weird that I'm voicing my opinion, but you should truly stand by what you believe in (especially since it's something personal that is not affecting anyone).

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Mean Mistreater user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 482 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 17:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yes, it is none of their business, and I don't blame you for not wearing one because I don't either half the time. I say let's burn all underwear all together! Then nobody could ask about boxers, briefs, there would be no thongs sticking out, no granny panties, no bra strap falling off your shoulder or digging into your shoulder...just don't wear any! They're all uncomfortable to me!

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 17:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=#8A2BE2> Linda Of The Valley wrote:

The only problem I have is that some people are complete sluts about it when they don't wear bras. I have this teacher who doesn't wear a bra and she always leans down and...ugh...she dresses like such a slut too...ugh!

can you introduce me to her....she sounds like a "good time"

go deo na h√Čireann

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 18:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mean Mistreater wrote:

yes, it is none of their business, and I don't blame you for not wearing one because I don't either half the time. I say let's burn all underwear all together! Then nobody could ask about boxers, briefs, there would be no thongs sticking out, no granny panties, no bra strap falling off your shoulder or digging into your shoulder...just don't wear any! They're all uncomfortable to me!

Does your name come from The Rolling Stones' song 'Had It With You'?

bellydancer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 246 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 05, 18:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm envious geeksandgeeks. I wish I could do what you do but unfortunately being rather well endowed myself (I'm not bragging believe me! - I'd give 'em away if I could!!!) unfortunately its a complete necessity.

When asked the question, why not smile, say thank you but I'm quite happy the way I am and try and change the conversation. If they persist say to them "I'm sure that there are things that you don't wish advice upon so please respect my decisions." If they are true friends then they will understand and leave it alone. If not, then their opinion is not worth a damn anyway so just ignore it!!!

"Everybody knows that rock attained perfection in 1974-its a scientific fact" Homer Simpson
Monte: Liquorice Years user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 674 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 05, 03:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

just tell them to go fuck themselves, geeks. (thats my answer for everything!!) if you dont feel comfortable in them, so be it! im quite the opposite...i need to where one, otherwise i feel exposed!! mind you, i wear jeans in the middle of summer im that self conscience, so yeah.

but geeks, id just like to say. Try them. Buy one withour a wire to start....then when you get used to it, you can get one with a wire. But the choice is yours. im not forcing you to do anything!!!

Cheer up emo kid!

Mean Mistreater user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 482 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 05, 08:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lester - my name is the title of a Grand Funk Railroad song. Is there something similar from the Stones?

Posted: 24 Jan 05, 16:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Monte: Liqourice Years wrote:

just tell them to go fuck themselves, geeks. (thats my answer for everything!!) if you dont feel comfortable in them, so be it! im quite the opposite...i need to where one, otherwise i feel exposed!! mind you, i wear jeans in the middle of summer im that self conscience, so yeah.

but geeks, id just like to say. Try them. Buy one withour a wire to start....then when you get used to it, you can get one with a wire. But the choice is yours. im not forcing you to do anything!!!

Tried it already. The only time I wear one is when I'm onstage, because there are few things more embarassing than having a spotlight shine THROUGH one layer of clothing, so I wear a sports bra. *CHOKE* not very comfortable. And I'm a 40A last I checked, so it really isn't worth the money.

Awesome-O _4000 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 499 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 05, 21:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haha, this is funny. I'm like bellydancer, I can't stand NOT wearing one... except for when I run naked through my house, haha!

But seriously, even those who aren't "well endowed", don't you hate feeling like you're bouncing around?? That bothers me soooo much. When I was at my summer job where you do lots of climbing up and down mountains, someone made fun of me for my bouncy boobs... they're not even that big really...

-Thungerbolt courtesy of God

Posted: 24 Jan 05, 21:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mean Mistreater wrote:

Lester - my name is the title of a Grand Funk Railroad song. Is there something similar from the Stones?

The line is "You're a mean mistreater / you're a dirty dirty rat scum" from their 1986 song 'Had It With You'. If I remember correctly, Keith Richards wrote it about Mick Jagger, so it's not a very flattering song.

Not to interrupt this discussion. Let me contribute something...uh...

Boobs.

Queenleaf user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1381 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 05, 11:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't know what to tell them but I hate bras too and I feel your pain. I have to wear them though because I am what people call "breastually gifted."

Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands and all you can do is scratch it.

-Sir Thomas Beecham to a lady cellist