Forums > Personal > Are you trendy?

forum rss feed
Author

Rabon_Gumm user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 57 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 05, 09:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm not. I wouldn't know how to be. I'm still running around in the same sneakers I had in 1995. They're comfy and that's all I care about.
But a lot of the folk in this village can be downright cruel, coming up to me and accusing me of searching around the bins for my clobber. It's not big and it's not funny. We're not rich folk and we make do with what we've got, that's all.
"It's not what you wear on the outside that makes a man " is what gaffer says "but how you are inside that counts."
That said, he's just treated himself to a new pair of Hugo Boss combat trousers. I'll get his old hand-me-downs as usual, I suppose. Not that I'm complaining.

What's the trendiest thing you own?

I don't mean no harm!
LivingGirl user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 242 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 05, 09:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm not trendy.I like being comfortable so I wear simple and I love sneakers,you can move freely.Don't care about what other people says as long as I'm happy with myself.

ki o tsukete ne!take care!
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 05, 09:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Being trendy to the extreme is part of the downfall of society.

I remember the other day my girlfriend and I were watching some episodes of the comedy sketch show 'In Living Color' from the early 90s, and then we wondered why back then people got away with wearing extremely brightful colors, but now if you go out on the street wearing clothes like that you'll look like a clown.

I personally have less respects for artists who worry way too much about their image and the way they dress up, like Lenny Kravitz for instance (although mostly for the fact that he wears fur).

Personally I love to wear clothes that make me feel comfortable (and not by the way they make me look) but to make me feel physically comfortable myself.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Sonia Doris user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6254 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 05, 09:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

trendy flendy blendy

2+2=5
Janet user not visiting Queenzone.com
Janet
Deity: 3937 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 05, 09:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not trendy at all, I'm afraid. When I'm around the house I'm in jeans and a sweater, and when I get more dressed up I prefer classic clothing that doesn't go out of style, rather than something trendy and flash-in-the-pan.

-If you want the best seat in the house, you have to move the cat.

ægishjalmur user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 66 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 05, 10:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm not very trendy ... or I'm not trying to be. I just wear what I want to wear.

Ægishjálmur
Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 05, 11:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Trendy? Me? Don't be ridiculous!

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
KillerQueen840 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4081 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 05, 12:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm not trendy, I wear whatever clothes are on sale..hehe
But I try to get bellbottom/flares for my jeans..but I NEVER can find any flarey/bellbottomy enough. I want them tight at the top and HUGE flares on the bottom..but that's almost impossible cos if they are huge on the bottom they are usually huge on the top.
I absolutely love my sneakers. They are black arizona's boy sneakers and I went through three pairs of the same exact ones cos I refuse to wear any others. I can't really find anymore like these and they're getting old enough where they are starting to fall apart, but I'll still wear them. Whenever I go out I almost always wear my black hoodie Queen sweatshirt on top of whatever I'm wearing. And I almost never know what to do with my hair so I usually leave it down.

"The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keep out the joy."

(Jim Rohn)
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 24 Jan 05, 13:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There's nothing worse than being surrounded by people who pay attention at whether you wear brand name clothes or not, and criticize anyone who is just not in what they consider "in style".

Frankly I don't give a rat's ass if someone says something to me for wearing Wrangler jeans that I bought at KMart, or why I'm wearing sneakers from Payless Shoes instead of Nike's.

FUCK FASHION!

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Mean Mistreater user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 482 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 05, 14:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As a teenager I was all into labels, but then I grew up and realized what a waste of money!!! This is a BIG problem with people today, and I wish there was a way to change it, but with all the media kids see now days I don't think it'll change. But as for me, I like to keep my style clean, classic, and simple, and that way I can use the same wardrobe pieces year after year. I still wear some shirts that I had over 10 years ago, and they still look up to date.

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 24 Jan 05, 14:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think that part of growing up and maturing (particularly on teenagers) means to realize that wearing expensive brand name clothes as well as owning a whole bunch of other material possessions, doesn't mean that if you don't have these things people won't find you cool.

Of course, a lot of kids and teens are just discovering the world and learing to build their characters, but there's of course a huge influence coming from narrow minded, spoiled, rich and popular kids who think that the rest of the people of their age should look up to them for what they have (or more like, what their parents gave them) and not for what they have inside their heads.

Later through life they will realize that nothing makes a person be more cool than not giving a shit about what other people think of you, and not pretending to act or look cool to be appreciated by others.

KillerQueen840 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4081 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 05, 14:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't get to wear my normal clothes that much cos I need to wear uniforms at my Catholic high school. So I only have a few pair of jeans and some shirts and that's it.

My shopping routine: Go to Bob's once a month to once every two months or whenever they are having a sale and look at what's on the clearance racks. I'm mainly into styles that have been out for quite some time anyways.
I also love to mix and match!!

Not to mention that I own A LOT of make up and hardly ever wear it. Rarely, I'll put it on, then I'll think I look horrible and then I'll wipe it off and I'll look worse than when I started.

"The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keep out the joy."

(Jim Rohn)
good old fashioned lovergirl user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 37 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 05, 15:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i have to confess i used to be a big label junkie, but now i just wear what im comfortable in, although i do think you have to pay for the right fit and quality. i do consider myself trendy...is that bad?

'when i'm dead, who cares? i don't!' FM
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 24 Jan 05, 15:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Being trendy is actually not particularly bad in all terms.

What is absolutely wrong is picking your friends, or making fun of others based on what they wear.

Monte: Liquorice Years user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 674 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 05, 03:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

im not trendy at the time...but i make the fashion!! (well, sorta!)

i have my own fashion: loud, colourful and in your face!!! i believe in layers upon layers! stockings (especially fishnets), things that shine, heavy make-up (if i really want to go out), high heels (pink/green most the time), hair messy, lots of jewellery (and i mean lots!!), i love arm warmers!! (i have black fishnet ones...and i want pax's black and purple one) and just anything that nobodies wearing. if someones wearing it (unless i like them) i wont wear it!! oh, and i always have black on, even if its just my bra...must wear black

Cheer up emo kid!

LiveAidQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4489 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 05, 05:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well I'm absolutly not trendy at all! I consider comfort, but I still try to look nice. It's not my top priority though...

Comprende muchacho.
Mean Mistreater user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 482 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 05, 12:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Monte: Liqourice Years wrote:

heavy make-up (if i really want to go out
hair messy
oh, and i always have black on, even if its just my bra...must wear black

YES! Always have black on, and messy hair is a must! I like the heavy heavy eye makeup, no lipstick look

Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 05, 14:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love fashion and clothes, but I'm not actually trendy. I'll just wear whatever catches my eye. I'm obsessed with jewelry, though. All my friends say I'm a raccoon because I like anything shiny! ;)

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

DoctorNine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 213 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 05, 22:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am DEFINITELY not trendy.

I couldn't care less what other people think of me. I just want to be happy with myself, like what LivingGirl said. If other people like what I wear, find with me. I don't care. If they don't that's their own problem.

"What has it cost you? What have you won? The sins of the fathers are the sins of the sons; it was always within you, it will always continue, and it shouldn't surprise you at all." ~B. Joel
newcastle 86! 16483 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 639 posts

Posted: 28 Jan 05, 18:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well...........im very trendy!

martinjkstones