Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Most Cheesiest Queen Song

forum rss feed
Author

brian_may_wannabe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 560 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jan 05, 11:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To me, Lazing On A Sunday Afternoon is one of the most cheesiest Queen song ever written. Are there anymore cheesiest ones?

daniel.hughes

made_in_heaven (thats_what_they_day)
Lady Cool Cat user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 421 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 05, 11:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like Lazing On A Sunday Afternoon! Anyway, I think the cheesiest Queen song is Machines and Sweet Lady.

Friends Will Be Friends; Life without friends is like Rock n' Roll without Queen.

brian_may_wannabe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 560 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 05, 11:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To me it's quite cheesy. I like it, just a bit cheesy for Queen.

daniel.hughes

made_in_heaven (thats_what_they_day)
Shane Jazz user not visiting Queenzone.com
Shane Jazz
Bohemian: 687 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 05, 12:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hijack my Heart, by far. Cheesy lyrics, cheesy sounds (except for the Red Special), cheesy vocals...

Man Made Paradise
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 05, 12:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

'Delilah' definitely. It's a funny yet very silly song, and it certainly doesn't fit the standards of Queen.

We all know that it was only because Freddie was ill why the other members of Queen allowed it to be included on 'Innuendo'. Otherwise, it wouldn't have been included on an album in a million years.

I doubt they would even consider including it on a rarities box set. The whole thing with the 'Meows' might be very funny, but for a band like Queen is just way too embarassing.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
AllDeadAllDead user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 56 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 05, 12:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

come on. everything from AKOM on is pure cheese. the miracle? hello? the cheesiest thing on the planet.

Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 05, 13:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Delilah is pure cheese. And so is Body Language!

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

Boy Thomas Raker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 969 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 05, 13:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No Queen song is the "most" cheesiest. That is impossible. Delilah is the cheesiest. The "st" at the end of quantifies it as the ultimate. "Most cheesiest" makes it the ultimate, ultimate. Nothing could be cheesier, or "more cheesier."

You know, good times are now.
agneepath! 11994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1132 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 05, 13:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes Delilah was a cheesy song... But it was Freddie indulging himself - and boy did he deserve to do that at that stage in his life.

On that basis alone, Delilah shouldn't be considered for the most cheesiest song.

Victoria user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 529 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 05, 15:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

By what I concieve as your question, I'd have to say the cheesiest song is In Only Seven Days. The moment "I'm so sad" is sung marks the basis of my decision.

Other than that, I guess by your collective standards that the vaudeville songs are 'cheesy'. If you really want to think that you can, but those are awesome songs. They're so much fun!

*honk* *honk* - Harpo
Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 05, 15:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who Needs you. By far Johns worst song.

Chom own mudder fukker.
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 05, 16:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian_Mays_Wig wrote:

Who Needs you. By far Johns worst song.

I actually love that song. I know John's song have this very catchy pop vibe, and then it's not that it's a song with a black genre edge like funk, soul, or disco.

I personally almost all of John's songs.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 05, 16:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Agneepath! wrote:

Yes Delilah was a cheesy song... But it was Freddie indulging himself - and boy did he deserve to do that at that stage in his life.

You almost make it sound like Freddie didn't spend 1977-1985 indulging himself. For those years, that's pretty much all he did, to the highest degree.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
iron eagle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3793 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 05, 16:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who Needs You

pure cheese............

i got a way with the boys on my block.. :-)

QueenZeppelin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 316 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 05, 17:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=#8A2BE2> Linda Of The Valley wrote:

Change the record cloud9. (My saying of the week!!) Who the fuck are you to decide who's a Queen fan and who's not? :-P

Apparently, he thinks he's President Bush. Because--like Bush--his superior attitude, piety and judgementalness make him an unwanted presence in this board.

Anyway, a cheesy Queen song for me would indeed be Delilah, but (and I know I'll get flamed for this) I really feel like the song The Miracle was mediocre, sing-songy, and cheesy. Really quite embarassing. TO me, it sounds like the lyrics were to a rejected U2 ballad, and then putting it to a weak, throwaway pop melody. Even the shimmering glow of the polished vocals seems kinda cheesy to me. The song to me seemed forced, corny and just...bad. And I like a bunch of Queen's pop stuff; I Want to Break Free, Breakthru, You're My Best Friend.....The Miracle was.....
Not the same kind of stuff. It seemed to lack the passion, honesty, and "oomph" that Queen gave to most of their pop songs. It seemed to me they were retreading themselves and just phoning it in.

"Have you ever seen or touched any monkeys?"
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 05, 17:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I could really go for, like, a block of cheese right now.

rockerchick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 9 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 05, 18:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love that song. I find it cute. Bicycle race is a fun happy silly song, But not chessy. None of queen's songs are chessy!!

Hey is this to harsh? Brigitte Bulsara?!
love of my life 14018 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 123 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 05, 18:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

cloud9 wrote:

oh go to hell you stupid no hoper Queen Zeppelin. if you don't like them don't write about them.

Oh my God, you're still here? Shit. Please, I wonder if you have ever posted a topic that doesn't
a) Proclaim yourself as the only Queen fan. If not only, then certainly the best and the only person worthy of liking Queen.
or
b) Tell in no uncertain terms that someone is not a Queen fan, and that by pretending, they are commiting a mortal sin.
OK, 1) Go outside, take a deep breath of fresh air 1b) I would actually prefer that it was smoggy -and possibly poisonous- enough for you to suffer instant lung failure and die, but I guess I can't have everything! and 2) GET OVER YOURSELF!

Anyway, the topic. Delilah is definitely one of Queen's cheesier songs. Good Company, that too. Friends Will Be Friends has a degree of cheesiness, but I like it anyway.

"Roger and I go poncing and ultrablagging just about everywhere and lately we've been termed a couple of queens."
happiness? 16995 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 47 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 05, 19:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Body Language and Dancer are seriously cheesy. Not that there's anything wrong with a bit of cheese now and again. Nothing at all! :-D

Radio! Someone still loves you!
newcastle 86! 16483 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 639 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 05, 19:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mega cheese vol 1 !
the miracle
dancer
delilah
dont try so hard (i wish they hadnt!)
seaside rendevous
its a hard life