Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > bohemian rhapsody

forum rss feed
Author

zanotti user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 17 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Jan 05, 06:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This song must be played on the tour. Its the greatest song Freddie ever wrote and would be an emotional tribute to him every night, I cant believe people dont want it to be played. Its the best song ever and who else should play it but Queen! even with Rodgers on vocals

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 05, 06:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Won't be disappointed if they DON'T play it.
And no- IMHO it's not one of the best Freddie's songs...

jasen101 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 746 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 05, 06:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah well. You suck! And Poland sucks! And Bohemian Rhapsody IS Freddie's best song. Ha. So go eat a Polish sausauge.

Freddie: "Yes, we'll have a great big cock fly over the crowd!"

Roadies: "Yeah! Great Idea!"

Freddie: "And it will fly into a great big mouth with a moustache!"

Teo_torriate04 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 414 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 05, 07:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I reckon I could name a dozen of Freddies songs that are better than Bo Rhap. The Millionaire Waltz, You Take My Breath Away, March Of The Black Queen. You see, there's three already. (This is of course only my opinion, and i fully expect the majority of people to disagree with me).

To cast aside the fury of the battle.

To turn my weary eyes for home.

Posted: 27 Jan 05, 07:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jasen101 wrote:

Yeah well. You suck! And Poland sucks! And Bohemian Rhapsody IS Freddie's best song. Ha. So go eat a Polish sausauge.

Very intelligent- you made your point. BUT- doeasn't being a moron suck...?
Now you can kiss my proud, Polish ass...
PS
Isn't sth like this a reason why this board dies...?

Posted: 27 Jan 05, 07:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Teo_torriate04 wrote:

I reckon I could name a dozen of Freddies songs that are better than Bo Rhap. The Millionaire Waltz, You Take My Breath Away, March Of The Black Queen. You see, there's three already. (This is of course only my opinion, and i fully expect the majority of people to disagree with me).

In a moment you'll hear that UK sucks as well and you can go and eat some pudding or sth... :) But generally I agree with you- I could add from myself Death on Two Legs or Flick Of The Wrist as well...

jasen- get a life, cause you must be really miserable on the other side of this screen...

Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 05, 08:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, I have to disagree. Indeed BoRhap is Queens masterpiece. But may I stress it is QUEEN's masterpiece! This is NOT 'Queen' (and for me it doesn't have to be becausae it is a great band in it's own right). It's a different band that doesn't fit the BoRhap-feeling. If they play this song on the tour, it would just feel wrong. I do NOT want them to play it.

p.s. I still love you Jasen ;-)

Posted: 27 Jan 05, 09:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I actually agree with you, but it's nothing to do with this Queen / not Queen nonsense, just that there are many, many more songs I would much rather hear than yet another version of Bo Rhap. But then I wouldn't be bothered if they chose not to play WWRY / WATC either, but the chances of them being left off are nil.

Benn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1332 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 05, 09:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

IMO, Bo Rhap get's so much press simply because it's soo far removed from ANYTHING anyone else has ever done. Because of the novelty of it, people other than Queen fans are interested in it, hence the fact that people seem to keep voting it the best song in numerous polls every year.

Personally, I'm tired of hearing it lauded at the expense of other stunning Queen material like "Drowse", "Ogre Battle", "Someday Oneday", "he Show Must Go On", "White Queen", "The Prophet's Song" etc.

It's easer for people to say that Bo Rhap is Queen's greatest song because they can back the statement up with the sales figures, but that's just scratcing the surface - sure, the composition intricate and the lyrics mysterious, but it's not really the best - IMO.

Benn

Posted: 27 Jan 05, 10:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh what do you know- you suck! ;)

Seriously- that's exactly what I meant by saying that i wouldn't be disappointed if they DON'T play it- hearing Dath on Two Legs, The Prophet's Song or White Man would make my day; knowing that they'll be omitted on the expence of Radio Ga-Ga, we Are The Champions or BoRhap doesn't make me love those... Simple

Benn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1332 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 05, 10:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

But the other issue, of course, is the Queen songs that are going to be omitted at the expense of free / Bad Company material.

I don't inagine that they will put anything in there from Paul's solo catalogue as he's touring the US with that material during the year anyhow, but the absolute certainties to be played EVERY night are All Right Now and Can't Get Enough. Add into that Wishing Well and probably one other. That means four Queen songs not being played and I would hope that they are:

We Will Rock You, Radio Ga Ga, Bohemian Rhapsody and I Want To Break Free - but that absolutely won't happen.

Thinking about it, it's all looking more like they will play a three hour set in order to be able to get everything played that is expected by the record company AND the additional stuff like Innuendo, I Want It All and The Show Must Go On etc. I'd also hope that brian doesn't indulge himself in that infernally boring guitar solo, unless he radically changes the structure of it.

Benn

Posted: 27 Jan 05, 10:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Seems like Feel Like Makin' Love is another certain one! Brian said that he can't wait to play this one- so he probably will :)
Who knows- maybe they'll decide to change set lists slightly between the dates (unlike many previous tours)? Or maybe they'd indeed paly for about 3 hours...? Unlikely, but... I'd love that! :)

Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 05, 11:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, probably... undortunately Fell Like Making Love is my least favourite Rodgers song!

I'd die when they do Shooting Star, though! ;-)

Posted: 27 Jan 05, 12:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jeroen wrote:

I'd die when they do Shooting Star, though! ;-)

Yep- that's a great one.
Bad Company (the song) however is my favourit!

We Are The Champions user not visiting Queenzone.com
We Are The Champions
Bohemian: 879 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 05, 13:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I for one, will also NOT be disappointed if this is not played on this tour. I don't really expect it to be played in its entirety only the rock section. Too many deviations is like "shitting on a Van Gough" and too many people associate it with Queen - quite rightly - at the expense of other classic lesser known songs. It is a masterpiece, epic, totally pretentious, bombastic and deserves to be voted the greatest song of all time. It was WAY AHEAD of anything in its time and wrote the book as far as music videos are concerned. Brian & Rog have "done their grieving" over Freddie's death and maybe it's time to move on and drop it from the set. THIS MIGHT BE BLASPHEMY TO MANY PEOPLE, but it's just a feeling I have about this tour somehow.

We all of us deeply apologise for this god forsaken shit heap of a building...but we will make it rock.

Brian May Wembley Pavilion 11.05.05.
jasen101 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 746 posts

Posted: 28 Jan 05, 04:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I once heard that Polish people are like Germans gone retarded. And Fenderek, my dear, you've proven that true. Time and time again.

Bohemian Rhapsody IS Freddie Mercury's greatest song...he wrote many great ones...but nothing like that. You cannot be a Queen fan and not care for BoRhap. If you don't care for Bohemian Rhapsody then you are indeed not getting what Queen was all about as a band. You're missing the point...so go back to listening to Polish Folk.

PS. Luv on ya Jeroen;)

Freddie: "Yes, we'll have a great big cock fly over the crowd!"

Roadies: "Yeah! Great Idea!"

Freddie: "And it will fly into a great big mouth with a moustache!"

Posted: 28 Jan 05, 05:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jasen101 wrote:

I once heard that Polish people are like Germans gone retarded. And Fenderek, my dear, you've proven that true. Time and time again.

Bohemian Rhapsody IS Freddie Mercury's greatest song...he wrote many great ones...but nothing like that. You cannot be a Queen fan and not care for BoRhap. If you don't care for Bohemian Rhapsody then you are indeed not getting what Queen was all about as a band. You're missing the point...so go back to listening to Polish Folk.

PS. Luv on ya Jeroen;)

I think you're missing the point Jasen. As far as I can see, nobody has said that Bo Rhap isn't a great song, It's certainly Freddies (and Queens) best known song. But It's testament to his astounding songwriting ability that many fans familiar with the Queen back catalogue rate a lot of songs much more highly.

There's a thread asking for top tens for mojo magazine somewhere, if you check the responses you'll see that not many people ascribe to your opinion, although it's one you have every right to hold.

And please, less of the xenophobic insults, everyone knows that it's the French and not the Germans anyway.

Posted: 28 Jan 05, 05:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jasen101 wrote:

Better be German gone retarded than miserable, pathetic little boy with huge complexes writing abuse and hiding behind the screen... Fucking coward...

jasen101 wrote:

Bohemian Rhapsody IS Freddie Mercury's greatest song...
In YOUR opinion, you retard

jasen101 wrote:

You cannot be a Queen fan and not care for BoRhap.

Than I'm not a fan- who gives a fuck what jasen thinks? I'm just going to five concerts because I'm bored- whatever, mate...

jasen101 wrote:

If you don't care for Bohemian Rhapsody then you are indeed not getting what Queen was all about as a band. You're missing the point...

And you're missing that final screw...

Tell me, honestly- are you THAT retarded? Are your complexes THAT big? Didn't your mummy love you enough? Or were you (are you) bullied at school and your only hope of false power and strength is abusing ppl from behind some stupid nick? is your dick too small? What is it? There has to be something...

Teo_torriate04 wrote:

And please, less of the xenophobic insults, everyone knows that it's the French and not the Germans anyway.
I though it was actually English, LOL ;))))

Ms. Bea Haven user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 326 posts

Posted: 28 Jan 05, 10:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey federek - here's a Polish cheer - say this to Jansen....

Rah Rah - Siss Boom Bah - Hit him in the head...with a Kielbasa!!!!!

Posted: 28 Jan 05, 11:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fenderek wrote:

Teo_torriate04 wrote:

I though it was actually English, LOL ;))))

Fair enough Fenderek. Although this where I use the fact that my Dad's Scots, so I can claim to be Scottish.