Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > what is your opinion on GnR

forum rss feed
Author

Burning Horizon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 43 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Jan 05, 14:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

what's your opinion on guns n' roses. They are second to my fav band besides queen of course.

pma user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3462 posts

Posted: 29 Jan 05, 14:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

After three years on the nb, my opinion still is that the non-Queen topics belong in the PERSONAL section.

"I think now I can make love to your anus without making God angry"

flash00. user not visiting Queenzone.com
flash00.
Royalty: 1424 posts

Posted: 29 Jan 05, 14:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well...
guns were fucking amazing in there day!!
today there crap, i saw some tv footage of there comeback and his face looked weired and bloated, and boy did they get slated by the audiance after, Now slash is fucking awesome him and his new band look really fresh and happening! i mean there not some young band who you'd expect to be so on the edge,
axel only has himself to blame(bad tantrums) or the roses would all still be together!

oo la la
Burning Horizon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 43 posts

Posted: 29 Jan 05, 15:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

they were great back in the day, now velvet revolver is out to kick some a*s with slash and the gang.

bigc user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 353 posts

Posted: 29 Jan 05, 17:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bloody nirvana

thats who i blame

lol

Adam Unger (QueenVault.com) user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Unger (QueenVault.com)
Bohemian: 347 posts

Posted: 29 Jan 05, 17:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I saw the "new" GnR live in Pittsburgh during their 2002 concert tour. I don't know about the other shows of that tour, but they were really great. Much, much better than the MTV VMA awards performance. The new songs sounded really good too... especially "The Blues" and "Chinese Democracy." You can download them on a bunch of GNR fan sites.

I actually have a soundboard copy of the Pittsburgh show. It's kind of neat having a copy of a show you were at.

Adam

QueenVault.com

Updated October 2, 2016
Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6372 posts

Posted: 29 Jan 05, 18:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sweet child of Mine is their only decent song

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
bigc user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 353 posts

Posted: 29 Jan 05, 18:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam Unger (QueenVault.com) wrote:

I saw the "new" GnR live in Pittsburgh during their 2002 concert tour. I don't know about the other shows of that tour, but they were really great. Much, much better than the MTV VMA awards performance. The new songs sounded really good too... especially "The Blues" and "Chinese Democracy." You can download them on a bunch of GNR fan sites.

I actually have a soundboard copy of the Pittsburgh show. It's kind of neat having a copy of a show you were at.

Adam

any links you can give me?

Adam Unger (QueenVault.com) user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Unger (QueenVault.com)
Bohemian: 347 posts

Posted: 29 Jan 05, 21:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sure can!

http://www.mundognr.com/downloads/audio/
http://www.newgnr.com
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com
http://www.mygnr.com

sorry.. no GnRVault.com yet though :)

QueenVault.com

Updated October 2, 2016
maxpower user not visiting Queenzone.com
maxpower
Bohemian: 477 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 05, 07:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

guns were great upto a point, until axl's ego went into overdrive: appetite - gnr lies

things went downhill when they went from a five piece rock'n'roll band & incorporated backing singers, keyboard players etc.. not the band matt sorum thought he was joining when he repleaced stve adler & when izzy left it was doomed, gilby clarke was just a hired hand & he knew it

use your illusion 1 & 2 have some brilliant moments but if they'd trimmed some of bad songs off both them, they may have even bettered appetite, spaghetti accident is really underatted, ignoring that horrendous skyliner's cover "since i dont have you"

for me gnr is no goer now they released their last album in 1991 & without slash, duff & izzy & matt its pointless, its like acdc with angus & malcolm, aerosmith without joe & brad (i know they left but they all lived happily every after & came back)

maxpower user not visiting Queenzone.com
maxpower
Bohemian: 477 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 05, 07:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

& to add when gun's were really happining (i still bought the records back then) i always prefered metallica it was like the black album v use your illusion... really funny thinking back.. as they tried to tour together as well, riots etc
& going off on a tangent i think what metallica acheieved was far greater in making thrash metal exceptable, as guns came from a more traditional rock'n'roll style ala the stones, aerosmith