Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Ticket Prices.....You think we've got it bad!

forum rss feed
Author

Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Jan 05, 10:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Eric Clapton and Cream reform for 4 nights at the Royal Albert Hall. Their first gigs since 1968.

Ticket prices are £75, £125 and £150.

I can bet Cream fans are well pleased.

£50 is sod all to see Bri and Rog!

Chom own mudder fukker.
David Jones user not visiting Queenzone.com
David Jones
Deity: 2469 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 05, 12:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bloody hell, Clapton might actually play something we know aswell, rather than the obscure blues stuff hes been playing recently, especially when it wasn't needed at that Tsunami concert!

"Freddie would have loved it" - Brian May
Negative Creep user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 720 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 05, 12:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The prices are actually £50, £75 & £125 (125 quid being boxes) - they have been nagged to reform for years... there is a demand. I don't believe there was any demand for Roger Taylor & B May to tour as Queen.
And atleast you get to see whos written on the ticket, unlike the "Queen" tour. I dont give me the its "Queen & Paul Rodgers" rubbish... thats still insinuating that Roger & Brian WERE Queen

rachael mae. user not visiting Queenzone.com
i am lush
rachael mae.
Royalty: 1489 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 05, 12:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wanna go but there's no chance of that.

Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 05, 12:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

whiteman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 85 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 05, 13:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Negative Creep wrote:

The prices are actually £50, £75 & £125 (125 quid being boxes) - they have been nagged to reform for years... there is a demand. I don't believe there was any demand for Roger Taylor & B May to tour as Queen.
And atleast you get to see whos written on the ticket, unlike the "Queen" tour. I dont give me the its "Queen & Paul Rodgers" rubbish... thats still insinuating that Roger & Brian WERE Queen

if there wasn't a demand why have people been asking them for years to tour and why when they do have the tickets sold so well?
At this moment in time Queen IS Brian & Roger
Try enjoying the fact that they can still be bothered to do a full scale tour and not a few nights at one venue and then maybe you won't be such a Negative Creep!

Negative Creep user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 720 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 05, 13:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No one has been asking Brian & Roger to tour as Queen. Fans have wanted them to pair up to work together yes, but not as Queen... as they just aint Queen.... lots of people don't even accept Made In Heaven as an authentic Queen album.

Simoriah user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 896 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 05, 16:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Since when did your opinion represent every single Queen fan on the planet, Negative Creep?

There are some who think Roger and Brian are entitled to tour as Queen, and some who don't.

Personally, I'm pleased to have the opportunity to see them both play together under the Queen banner, which means that we will hear material from their collective back catalogue.

It won't be the same as Queen per se, but it will still be jolly good.

Cream ticket prices - ouch. Good band though.

"This tour will be bigger than bigness itself. It will make Ben Hur look like the Muppets."

~ Roger Taylor ~
alibat user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 51 posts

Posted: 31 Jan 05, 04:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm annoyed that those Cream concerts are on the same time as Brian and Rogers. I would have loved to see Cream but I can't afford both. On the topic of the Queen name, as I have written elsewhere on this forum I am thrilled that Brian and Roger will be performing together again. I think that Paul Rodgers is an excellent singer. I just don't think they should be using the Queen name.

We Are The Champions user not visiting Queenzone.com
We Are The Champions
Bohemian: 879 posts

Posted: 31 Jan 05, 07:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm more of a Clapton fan than Cream but as I've seen Clapton live I've had the experience of hearing Sunshine Of Your Love & White Room.
Also, don't like Clapton playing too much blues. He did the same thing at the Princes Trust Gig in Hyde Park 1996......I was bored so went back to the bus early! Tickets are VERY EXPENSIVE for Cream......won't be going anyway at those prices.
£50 is sod all in comparison to seeing Queen + Paul Rodgers......much better band, more variation, better show, better sound, touring around UK and not stuck in same venue....an all together much better package. Queen are trying to please their fans in a much better way than Cream can ever do......despite some moaning about ticket prices by many fans!!

We all of us deeply apologise for this god forsaken shit heap of a building...but we will make it rock.

Brian May Wembley Pavilion 11.05.05.
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 31 Jan 05, 07:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You cannot compare Queen and Cream at all. Cream only existed about 2 years and that was almost 40 years ago! For me, they were one of the best bands ever. If I had known they play in May I would have tried to get a Wembley ticket for Queen and booked boths shows.

I do not want any google ads here.

Want To Live Forever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 172 posts

Posted: 11 Apr 05, 21:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

just pay the price... if you're a fan you wont mind about the price on 1st row

Interview?... oh, don't be ridiculous!
wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 12 Apr 05, 00:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would pay that much for Cream, but not that much for Brian and Roger...and only 4 shows...

MY GOD spell it write.