Forums > Personal > The Darkness

forum rss feed
Author

OrAnGe SoDa user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 335 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Jan 05, 13:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

me...justin...or dan is hot...which ever one is the lead singer...

KillerQueen840 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4081 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 05, 13:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't. One of my cousins likes them and hates Queen.

"The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keep out the joy."

(Jim Rohn)
Janet user not visiting Queenzone.com
Janet
Deity: 3937 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 05, 13:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like 'em.

-If you want the best seat in the house, you have to move the cat.

bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 05, 13:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Darkness rock !!

Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 05, 13:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have to go with Janet and Dusty person on this one. I think theyre great.

Chom own mudder fukker.
Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 05, 14:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love The Darkness. I wanted to see them in concert when they were here about a year ago, but I never got the chance. Anybody know when their next album is coming out?

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 05, 14:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gunpowder Gelatine wrote:

I love The Darkness. I wanted to see them in concert when they were here about a year ago, but I never got the chance. Anybody know when their next album is coming out?

Don't know, but since they've already ripped-off Queen's glam rock era, I guess on the next one they'll be ripping-off their pop/rock synths era.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 30 Jan 05, 15:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think they're a good tribute band, but it takes quite a lot of talent to come up with an original sound that you can call your own, but The Darkness doesn't have that.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Queen& user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 562 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 05, 16:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lets see what there next albums like

Paddy Can You Hear Me Now

Phoenix Nights Series 1
Mayboy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6181 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 05, 16:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I quite like them too, cant wait to hear some new material from the boys

"I'm going up Buchanan Street

With a box of fireworks

And two bottles of

Tizer"

Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 05, 17:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't know... There's something about them that really puts me off...

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
MexQueenFM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 13266 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 05, 18:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like them, though i haven't listened to their album in months

Mejor yo me hecho una chela, y chance enchufo una chava, chambeando de chafirete, me sobra chupe y pachanga

Tranzando de arriba a abajo, hay va la chilanga banda , chinchin si me la recuerdan
Monte: Liquorice Years user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 674 posts

Posted: 31 Jan 05, 01:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i dont think they were THAT big in Australia...well they might have been, but i wouldnt know. when it comes to this modern music, i wouldnt have a clue! but i like they're song "i believe in a thing called love"....i think its catchy. the pitch scares me, because i cant get that high, but oh well. and i like they're clothes. i like the bass player (justins hot!), he reminds me of ben stiller in happy gilmor. oh good times... and the drummers quite cute and i wouldnt say no to him!!! (then again, who would i say no to?)

Cheer up emo kid!

bellydancer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 246 posts

Posted: 31 Jan 05, 02:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Speaking for the older generation, I hadn't heard of The Darkness until I came across "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" on one of the PlayStation Sing Star discs.

I have to say that the lead singer's vocal range is impressive - how he gets to those top register notes without busting a valve I don't have a clue! But the song in itself I thought was quite good - I also liked the backing harmonies. Something quite original (see my recent post on what I think of most modern "artists")

"Everybody knows that rock attained perfection in 1974-its a scientific fact" Homer Simpson
Steve Vai user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 149 posts

Posted: 31 Jan 05, 04:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I dont believe some of you people! I mean most of you say you like em, good on you, their GREAT! But some of you saying "their ripping of Queen..." and "they dont have their own sound...", FUCK OFF!

Of course they have their own sound. You know your listening to a Darkness track as soon as you hear it (then Justin's high pitch voice confirms that!). They were definatly influenced by Queen and other Glam Rock bands, but to try and bring back that era doesnt necessarily mean they're 'ripping it off'! Obviously there are some people here who don't appreciate rock!

Not saying everyone must like The Darkness, but i just hate people who say "their ripping of Queen..." and "they dont have their own sound..."!

Posted: 31 Jan 05, 04:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ah, nothing like a good Rant in the morning...

Posted: 31 Jan 05, 04:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

After further investigation, I've decided that my huge rant up above should be aimed squarly at Mr.Jingles79! Fuck off, you unapprecitive miserable fart!

GivenToFly user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 45 posts

Posted: 31 Jan 05, 05:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Saw them live @ Werchter and they rocked the stage. His performance as frontman can be compared with Freddie. I Mean now way he's better but he has something that's a little similar (except from the outfits...). I think they're a great rockband and they bring colour to the stage. Which isn't a garantue these days as there are a lot if acts who just do thier songs and that's it. Something we, as Queen-fans, all hate I think...
Peace

Does anybody know what we are living for?
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 31 Jan 05, 10:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Steve Vai wrote:

After further investigation, I've decided that my huge rant up above should be aimed squarly at Mr.Jingles79! Fuck off, you unapprecitive miserable fart!

Thank you for your so kind words, I truly appreciate them.

I mean I'm sorry that The Darkness will most likely be nothing but just a one hit wonder. They were indeed a catch of breath for those who long for 70s and 80s nostalgia, but unless they truly proove to be original they will most likely fade away. I mean Queen was heavily influenced by Hendrix, but they sound nothing like him.

However don't take it as if I totally hate The Darkness, because there's still something very nice I have to say about them... they're a lot better than Ashlee Simpson.

Next time, cool it down just a bit my sweet fella.

Your dearest friend, Mr Jingles79.

Queen& user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 562 posts

Posted: 31 Jan 05, 13:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Steve Vai wrote:

I dont believe some of you people! I mean most of you say you like em, good on you, their GREAT! But some of you saying "their ripping of Queen..." and "they dont have their own sound...", FUCK OFF!

Of course they have their own sound. You know your listening to a Darkness track as soon as you hear it (then Justin's high pitch voice confirms that!). They were definatly influenced by Queen and other Glam Rock bands, but to try and bring back that era doesnt necessarily mean they're 'ripping it off'! Obviously there are some people here who don't appreciate rock!
Not saying everyone must like The Darkness, but i just hate people who say "their ripping of Queen..." and "they dont have their own sound..."!

Woo Hoo A Kick Off Ha Ha Ha

Paddy Can You Hear Me Now

Phoenix Nights Series 1